PDA

View Full Version : diabetes question

Methodical4u
11-04-2008, 05:26 PM
I have a friend who recently started working out with me, and he is trying to lose weight. We are being careful about what he eats and such, but lately his blood sugar has been showing high when he is testing it. My question is if his body is burning fat, would that that make the blood sugar go up?

Methodical4u
11-04-2008, 05:45 PM
any diabetes experts here?

grip_x
11-04-2008, 07:36 PM
This is a forum not a phone call.

That being said, we try to spike insulin PWO, as it's an anabolic hormone. Maybe PWO our blood sugar is high? I don't know.

-TC-
11-04-2008, 07:43 PM
exercise will make his blood sugar go down

reefpicker
11-05-2008, 10:04 AM
Maybe he is having an adrenergic-induced spike in blood sugar? IDK He eats pre-workout? Is he diabetic or just hypoglycemic? Type I or II?

Normally blood sugar goes down after exercise, but if he has diabetes, he might just have an overall issue of not controlling his sugar well.

Glucose in a healthy person will go down but only to a certain degree, after that it will shoot back up to normal as the body simply calls on its storages, and hormonal control systems kick in.

Mr.Runner
11-05-2008, 11:52 AM
Exercise has been shown to raise insulin sensitivity. That's a good thing. It means you require less insulin to get those carbs you eat where they need to go.

But that being said...ask a freakin' doctor. Why would you ask a bunch of vain bodybuilders? :D

devo09
11-05-2008, 01:03 PM
How are you being "careful" with how he eats? does he test his blood sugar before meals? does he know his insulin:carb ratio? does he even count his carbohydrates?
Tell him to get his BS levels under control, high blood sugars do serious harm to the body