PDA

View Full Version : Need Help with a Bulk

lilmanthatcould
11-04-2008, 05:04 PM
Alright basically I never done an "Actual" bulk before just lift and increase my size but this year I am wrestling 215lb and need some more size Im trying to make the bulk as clean as possible.

Now I know the basics TONs of protein etc.

But do I want carbs or are they still a no no?

Also I need to know about how many more calories I should be taking in

Im 5'6 180lbs

I weight lift 4 times a week for about 1 hour ........ 4 hours a week
I swim 3 times a week (Monday 1 hour, Wednesday 2 hours, Friday 2 hours)...... 5 hours a week
I wrestle 5 days a week (2.5 hours a day)...... 12.5 hours a week

Basically I have 21.5 hours a week of exercise with weekends being my rest days

How my question is about how many Calories/ protein/carbs should I be taking in daily to keep my weight goin up as clean as possible?

Also I never beleived in overtraining so im probably not goin to cut the workload , but about how many hours of sleep should I be getting a night with this workload?

Anyway reps for good answers, also any whole foods that you think would be helpful feel free to post them

IrishMarine0311
11-04-2008, 05:05 PM
Eat tons of food.

lilmanthatcould
11-04-2008, 05:13 PM
Eat tons of food.

Any other specifics ?

Amount of carbs/protein/calories/sleep I should be taking in daily?

Guai
11-04-2008, 05:22 PM
Carbs should be your main macro nutrient. Proteins don't really need to exceed 1.5g/lb. Eat up!

IrishMarine0311
11-04-2008, 05:24 PM
Yea I would prolly go between 1 to 1.5 grams of protein per bodyweight. As far as specifics with the carbs go I won't be of much use, I've been on my semi-keto diet for so long I can't remember where to get carbs :P

lilmanthatcould
11-04-2008, 06:12 PM
Alright and what about calories, about how much should I be shooting for per day?

Beerguy
11-04-2008, 07:08 PM
Alright and what about calories, about how much should I be shooting for per day?

You need to start with researching your BMR with a activity modifier. This will give you a baseline for calories. The rest is trial and error. Good luck.

http://www.bmi-calculator.net/bmr-calculator/

once you fill this out use the harris benedict equation. There is a link on the same page.