PDA

View Full Version : Post workout carbs??

thefast
11-04-2008, 06:30 AM
What are some good sources while clean bulking?? I tried searching and people say Pretzels are good?? Is this true?

If not what are the options??

Thanks in advance

-Aaron-
11-04-2008, 06:33 AM
There is no such things clean bulking...

Carb Sources:

Oats
Rice
Etc...

The amount should be the concern, not G.I.

soundcheck129
11-04-2008, 06:37 AM
Search Function is here for a reason.

But to answer your question:

There has been some controversy about which type of carbohydrate is best for post exercise glycogen replenishment. Some argue that simple sugars such as dextrose are best after exercise. Others say that drinks with glucose polymers are best. Still others say that there is no need to buy fancy sports drinks and that simply eating a meal high in carbohydrates such as pasta or rice is sufficient. Studies have shown no difference between different types of carbohydrates eaten post exercise and the rate of glycogen replenishment as long as sufficient quantities of carbohydrate are consumed (Burke 1997). Even when the post exercise meal contains other macronutrients such as proteins and fats, the rate of glycogen replenishment is not hindered, given there is sufficient carbohydrate in the meal as well.

Source: http://www.hypertrophy-specific.com/hsn_artcls_prepostnutri_2.html

thefast
11-04-2008, 07:12 AM
Thanks guys so from what I gather from that article is that since I add a banana and strawberries to my post workout shake that in itself would account for SOME of the carbs I need?

-Aaron-
11-04-2008, 07:13 AM
Thanks guys so from what I gather is that since I add a banana and strawberries to my post workout shake that in itself would account for some of the carbs I need?

I would suggest carbs that impact other things besides your liver.

That's just me of course.

thefast
11-04-2008, 07:19 AM
okay thanks so rice is good and oats as well. Good to know