PDA

View Full Version : Ultimate Fail...

Phyziks
11-04-2008, 01:31 AM
Broke my pinky finger today during squats (don't ask). Was at the hospital for 5 hours and got a cast. I now need to limit myself to leg workouts that dont involve hands, and cardio.

I am/was currently on a bulk. Should I now eat maintenance and high protein to negate whatever muscle loss/fat gain that will ensue? I know a month or 2 wont lead to crazy muscle loss, but I'm still wondering. Thanks in advance :(

LarryByrd
11-04-2008, 01:33 AM
I've got to ask..... HOW? Lol, sorry..

Yeah, I'd say eat and maintain @ what your level is.

Up the protein by about 30g extra a day to help with the recovery process.

baby matty
11-04-2008, 01:55 AM
I believe MSM helps aid in bone repair

BuckSpin
11-04-2008, 03:10 AM
Sorry but I gotta know as well.....HOW?

Bramble
11-04-2008, 03:49 AM
1) how the fuk?
2) you can do more then just legs

nooblifter12
11-04-2008, 08:37 AM
Leg Press is pretty much the same as squats right? So you could just do that.

easye7
11-04-2008, 09:18 AM
leg press and squats are very different, but leg press is still a good leg workout. you can still do variations of these, plus still work your calves.

i still gotta know how you did it? i picture someone accidentally smashing their finger in between two plates their loading

Rodzilla
11-04-2008, 10:08 AM
I'm sure you can figure out how to use a few machines. You're wrists may suffer a bit but you can still figure out how to get some work in for your upper body.

Anticrombie315
11-04-2008, 10:09 AM
leg press and squats are very different, but leg press is still a good leg workout. you can still do variations of these, plus still work your calves.

i still gotta know how you did it? i picture someone accidentally smashing their finger in between two plates their loading

I was thinking his grip was too wide, and he either got it between the bar and the rack or the bar and the safety stops.

gtg
11-04-2008, 10:14 AM
Sorry to hear that.

Phyziks
11-04-2008, 10:50 AM
Yeah, I was feeling really pumped and attempted my 8th rep and failed near the bottom. I bailed the bar backwards, and I guess my finger got caught between the safety stop thing and the bar. I'm upset that my finger is broke and I cant workout like normal for awhile, but I'm happy that my squat weight was improving, lol.

I will just try to eat maintenance for now and experiment to see what I can still do. Some ab work and leg work shoudn't be to difficult...

Phyziks
11-06-2008, 10:58 PM
Update: Finger was basically shattered, and I need to get a pin to straighten it out and a splint. I'm going to be out for a bit :( I think it would be a good time to rest for a bit, stop taking creatine, eating around maintenance, and just letting my finger heal up as best as possible. I'm going to be super eager to lift again, but I can only really do cardio and stuff for now.

easye7
11-06-2008, 11:05 PM
daym that sucks man, good luck getting back man, just focus on getting that finger healed up, thats gotta be first and foremost. my brother got pins in his wrist and he got back into sports pretty quickly, so maybe it won't be too long

Neopragmatist
11-06-2008, 11:11 PM
Oh God, I'm never doing squats ever again!

Dr. Horse
11-06-2008, 11:14 PM
http://www.slapyo.com/wp-content/wrong01.jpg

cyde
11-06-2008, 11:18 PM
You should try using straps for all your upper body exercises. That way you can grip the BB & DB's without using your broken finger. You can still get an excellent leg workout without a BB.

Pistol squats (one legged)
hack squat machine
glute ham raises
leg press (wide or narrow stance)
leg extension
leg curls

Phyziks
11-07-2008, 07:33 PM
Good call guys! I just feel like a moron to be honest. I got my surgery done today, and I now have a metal pin going through my finger :S I get my splint monday, so I plan on getting some cardio and leg work in. I've been doing weight-less squats and lunges at home to tie me over.

Thanks again. :)