PDA

View Full Version : How do you guys stay on track?

DeathByBacker
11-03-2008, 11:33 PM
I just went to McDonalds with my friends cause everyone went and got a chicken snack wrap... not the worth thing I coulda got but it was 1:30 in the morning and I know it did me little to no good... Usually Im okay with my diet but I get off track too often..

I know a lot of you have super strict diets.. how do you stay on track and avoid temptation? My friends aren't a good influence, they eat a lot of junk, so that's one of my main problems. Any advice on how to stick to a good diet and not cheat so often?

baby matty
11-03-2008, 11:47 PM
preparing alot of food ahead of time and writing out my meals for the week helps me to stay on track. for instance, i usually cook in quantity on sunday and wednsday nights. usually cook off 6 chicken breasts and make a big pot of vegetable cous cous or rice, mix up a big bowl of protein pudding, maybe bake a couple sweet potatos. then i portion it in tupperware to bring to work, school, etc...

ritzfactor
11-04-2008, 12:00 AM
friends with terrible eating habits are horrible.

I am a college student right now and I know just what its like to want to hang out with your friends and when they go eat, you should eat to! Its really ****ty not to be able to go do social things like eat with your friends...

However, you really get to make the choice... you can either cheat a little bit, and pay for it later, get something decent from the place you go (alot of fast food places are adding decent choices) but really it just takes some time to be able to turn em down.

Sorry guys, cant go to In n Out with you... gonna have my tuna and brown rice... again... for the fourth time this week...

oryx2500
11-04-2008, 12:05 AM
I guess this post isn't much help, most my friends work out too so we always go to healthy places to eat. And when i'm not with them I eat at home. It helps too that i'm away from everyone when i'm going to school so it not hard to diet at all.

CurlyGirl
11-04-2008, 12:34 AM
preparing alot of food ahead of time and writing out my meals for the week helps me to stay on track. for instance, i usually cook in quantity on sunday and wednsday nights. usually cook off 6 chicken breasts and make a big pot of vegetable cous cous or rice, mix up a big bowl of protein pudding, maybe bake a couple sweet potatos. then i portion it in tupperware to bring to work, school, etc...

I'm w/ him... If my meals are not prepared or I've gone out w/out taking a protein shake w/ me, I'm SCREWED! I def think organization and preparation is the key!!! That burger or those peanut M&M's don't look as good to me if I've already eaten a yummy grilled chicken breast & garlic brown rice!!!

LarryByrd
11-04-2008, 01:45 AM
None of us are on such strict diets that we don't occassionaly get fast food with our buds. Enjoy your "cheat" meal. Besides, if it's moderately healthy, such as in my case, I'll eat chick-fil-a twice a week (wheat bun), then it isn't doing much harm at all, and I definitely wouldn't call it a cheat meal. I'd say just stay away from the stuff you KNOW for sure is bad, i.e. soda, sugars, fried food.

I know I can go out with my buds to ihop, get egg beaters w/ a weight watchers chicken meal.

Don't worry about it.

Creature83
11-04-2008, 02:15 AM
I grill a **** ton of meat at my folks once a week, keep it in Tupperware. Keep stuff in your fridge. I'm bulking so I can eat a lot of good stuff. I really try to only eat foods my body can utilize and stay away from taters, rice, fried foods, white bread and sugary ****. I eat a few cheeseburgers during the week(homemade not fast food). Fuk it, just work hard in the gym. I've really been enjoying those frozen vegetables that you can steam in the microwave(the Asian medley in particular).

MrCarrot
11-04-2008, 02:21 AM
I don't care about eating McDonalds or such like because I'm bulking and don't gain weight all too easily.

However I do find lots of distractions that make me eat less, and go to bed late. These are the things which kill my workouts.

Bramble
11-04-2008, 03:48 AM
super strict diets are for those that are competing unless you plan on doing a show why train like you are?

11-04-2008, 04:26 AM
I'm w/ him... If my meals are not prepared or I've gone out w/out taking a protein shake w/ me, I'm SCREWED! I def think organization and preparation is the key!!! That burger or those peanut M&M's don't look as good to me if I've already eaten a yummy grilled chicken breast & garlic brown rice!!!
W>>>T>>>F!!!!!!!

I grill a **** ton of meat at my folks once a week, keep it in Tupperware. Keep stuff in your fridge. I'm bulking so I can eat a lot of good stuff. I really try to only eat foods my body can utilize and stay away from taters, rice, fried foods, white bread and sugary ****. I eat a few cheeseburgers during the week(homemade not fast food). Fuk it, just work hard in the gym. I've really been enjoying those frozen vegetables that you can steam in the microwave(the Asian medley in particular).

Yeah bra, for sure good plan. Potatoes, rice, bread aren't utilised by the body, oh the same with fried foods and sugar!

US_Ranger
11-04-2008, 04:52 AM
None of us are on such strict diets that we don't occassionaly get fast food with our buds. Enjoy your "cheat" meal. Besides, if it's moderately healthy, such as in my case, I'll eat chick-fil-a twice a week (wheat bun), then it isn't doing much harm at all, and I definitely wouldn't call it a cheat meal. I'd say just stay away from the stuff you KNOW for sure is bad, i.e. soda, sugars, fried food.

I know I can go out with my buds to ihop, get egg beaters w/ a weight watchers chicken meal.

Don't worry about it.

I don't eat fast food and I'd guess I'm not the only one here......

DeathByBacker
11-04-2008, 11:59 AM
Thanks for all the advice, I'll definitely try to organize my meals and cook off a bunch of stuff ahead of time.

It's not so much that I eat fast food regularly at all. Maybe once or twice a month, its just that when I go.. I dunno about you guys but a chicken snap wrap doesn't fill me up at all, so I end up eating like 4 items off the menu, then I feel like ****.

Paumen
11-04-2008, 12:21 PM
I'm an expert at finding clean meals on the run.

mhinderaker
11-04-2008, 01:23 PM
Thanks for all the advice, I'll definitely try to organize my meals and cook off a bunch of stuff ahead of time.

It's not so much that I eat fast food regularly at all. Maybe once or twice a month, its just that when I go.. I dunno about you guys but a chicken snap wrap doesn't fill me up at all, so I end up eating like 4 items off the menu, then I feel like ****.
You could also try leaving yourself a few more calories from earlier in the day if you think you're going to go out for food later.

designer12
11-04-2008, 01:27 PM
You cutting or bulking?

Paumen
11-04-2008, 01:27 PM
I don't eat fast food and I'd guess I'm not the only one here......

U r not good sir.

DeathByBacker
11-04-2008, 02:21 PM
You cutting or bulking?
Kinda in between. I'm still recovering from a shoulder injury so I'm getting back into the swing of things. I'm going to start cutting soon though, so I'll have to really buckle down.

rjdeliman
11-04-2008, 02:32 PM
Kinda in between. I'm still recovering from a shoulder injury so I'm getting back into the swing of things. I'm going to start cutting soon though, so I'll have to really buckle down.

This is what you do.. Get a picture of a super hot woman put it in your wallet. Realize that this girl would not look at you if you were fat and ate McDonalds. Thats all I do.
Whenever your about to eat something gross take out the picture.. then go eat a piece of grilled chicken with lemon pepper on it.

DeathByBacker
11-04-2008, 02:54 PM
This is what you do.. Get a picture of a super hot woman put it in your wallet. Realize that this girl would not look at you if you were fat and ate McDonalds. Thats all I do.
Whenever your about to eat something gross take out the picture.. then go eat a piece of grilled chicken with lemon pepper on it.
That's actually not a bad idea. Or even just write my goals down on a small piece of paper and do the same thing, look at them and know that Big Macs wont get me there. Thanks.

rjdeliman
11-04-2008, 03:18 PM
That's actually not a bad idea. Or even just write my goals down on a small piece of paper and do the same thing, look at them and know that Big Macs wont get me there. Thanks.

I am telling you it works I carry the picture but all I need to do is think about it.

hooked4life
11-04-2008, 03:37 PM
you could also learn to like, even love, the hobby. it's a whole package deal.
just a thought .... or you could jerkoff to a picture of some girl you will never meet and probably cares about personality 10X more anyway.

ohhh ... and dating a girl who really cares about all your abs = fail.

trust.

dowd48
11-04-2008, 03:44 PM
im in the same boat man

designer12
11-04-2008, 03:55 PM

So why do you care if you eat fast food? I don't get it.

kirchner925
11-04-2008, 04:05 PM
super strict diets are for those that are competing unless you plan on doing a show why train like you are?

To get the best results you can get. Why give it half ass? unless you don't care about the results you can get if you dedicate yourself 100%

DeathByBacker
11-04-2008, 04:22 PM
So why do you care if you eat fast food? I don't get it.
Oh, I dunno... rumour has it that most fast food isn't good for you. And does anyone want a gut?

thebasil
11-04-2008, 04:24 PM
Or you could just get some willpower and NOT eat, if you really don't want to at the time. No need for these pictures and crap; just man up. If you really think its that bad to eat, don't eat it. Your friends will get used to you not eating. If they don't , f*** them.

designer12
11-04-2008, 04:25 PM
Oh, I dunno... rumour has it that most fast food isn't good for you. And does anyone want a gut?

You're not going to get a gut unless you eat over maintenance. Depending on how frequently the OP eats fast food, he's not going to raise his caloric intake significantly enough to worry about developing a gut, if he's smart about it.

True it's not good for you, but once in a while isn't bad, and it keeps you sane.

IGF-WON
11-04-2008, 04:37 PM
To get the best results you can get. Why give it half ass? unless you don't care about the results you can get if you dedicate yourself 100%

because theres more to life...

Rodzilla
11-04-2008, 06:03 PM
I use to be like that..wouldn't eat out, etc.

It really isn't a big deal. Overall macros will be much more important than where they came from. I'm not saying have a whopper and some fries with a few protein shakes spread throughout the day, but things like snack wraps..chicken sandwhiches with nothing on them..I wouldn't even consider it cheating, it's just eating. Yours would probably be better, but if you haven't eating for awhile, you can fit it in.

If you already ate, just grab a diet coke or a bottle of water or something.

ses1357
11-04-2008, 06:11 PM
Cheat a bit when bulking.. 1 Big Mac isn't going to make you gain 3 pounds of fat in a day..

If you are cutting, just ignore them and have strong willpower when they give you crap for not wanting Mcdonalds or not drinking alcohol.

I'd rather get crap for eating tuna and drinking water than being fat. Just cause your friends can drink 3x/week and eat mcdonalds 5x/day, doesn't mean you can.. And it will catch up to them sooner or later, and when it does you'll feel better about yourself.

Mr.Runner
11-04-2008, 06:42 PM
Habit. And I let myself basically eat what I want, just control how much, blah, blah, blah, same old "moderation" ****.

DTrulez616
11-04-2008, 07:19 PM
How do I stay on track? By not staying on track.

Bramble
11-04-2008, 07:49 PM
because theres more to life...

this^

live alittle dude. in 50 years time when your sitting around the nursing home swaping stories of the good ol days do you really think your mates will want to hear about how ripped you were