PDA

View Full Version : Poor calorie distribution. Need advice (reps)

lac38780
11-03-2008, 10:41 PM
I am bulking and am trying to eat around 3200-3400 cals a day. The problem is i usually end up eating a lot of that at night because i usually lift at around 8 pm. I would estimate around half my cals come between 9 and 1 am. Is this bad. Should i try to lift earlier?

determined4000
11-03-2008, 10:45 PM
I am bulking and am trying to eat around 3200-3400 cals a day. The problem is i usually end up eating a lot of that at night because i usually lift at around 8 pm. I would estimate around half my cals come between 9 and 1 am. Is this bad. Should i try to lift earlier?

Why is when you lift keeping you from eating earlier?

lac38780
11-03-2008, 10:47 PM
I'm not really sure i just feel hungrier after i lift. I guess i just need to be more diciplined.

LarryByrd
11-04-2008, 01:41 AM
I'd say it's ok to have a big meal that late after your workout. I used to workout @ 11pm every night. Have 50g carbs + 25 g pro pre-workout, then 40g protein post workout with 50 g of carbs. Then an hour later I'd have a pretty lean meal.

Though, why don't you try having a large meal for breakfast, snack every 3-4 hours until you're ready to lift, and then eat big after your lift? That seems like it would make the most sense.

lorinelise
11-04-2008, 05:29 AM
It's fine to eat a lot at night....a bunch of posters on here with amazing physiques get a ton of their calories in before bed. Meal frequency and calorie distribution is not as important as you may think! Just get your calories in....IMO, if you're really hungry after your workouts, that's a sign that you're busting your ass in the gym!! ;)

Holyspokes
11-04-2008, 06:01 AM
It's fine to eat a lot at night....a bunch of posters on here with amazing physiques get a ton of their calories in before bed. Meal frequency and calorie distribution is not as important as you may think! Just get your calories in....IMO, if you're really hungry after your workouts, that's a sign that you're busting your ass in the gym!! ;)

word.

I had 2000cals at 9:00pm (consisting of pizza :O and peanut butter) then hit the sack a few nights ago, and I'm still not any fatter.

Jules Verne
11-04-2008, 11:50 AM

x2 Definitely not a problem if it is around your workouts and your daily routine gives you a lot of energy during your workouts. Nothing wrong with lifting later and eating a lot before bed, even cutting.

Even less important bulking.

I eat a lot of my calories in the evening, even though I work out first thing in the morning and it seems to work quite well.

Overall calories + good workouts are the most important factors IMO. Now, if your workouts are crappy (or could be a lot better) because of when you do them, that's a different matter entirely.

GTmauf
11-04-2008, 12:14 PM

Agreed, Lorinelise ftw. Seriously, she knows what she's talking about. I've been doing this as well for a few weeks. Hasn't made a bit of difference.

lorinelise
11-04-2008, 04:17 PM
Agreed, Lorinelise ftw. Seriously, she knows what she's talking about. I've been doing this as well for a few weeks. Hasn't made a bit of difference.

Happy to help ;)

OT but...Pittsburgh crushed my Redskins last night :(

designer12
11-04-2008, 04:29 PM
Doesn't matter. Eat them whenever.