PDA

View Full Version : When most of the weight is going to your stomach, what's wrong?

LarryByrd
11-03-2008, 08:45 PM
I'm a pretty healthy eater. In fact, I'd say I'd eat better than most.

My diet consists of:

Whole grains, Milk, Whey, Fruits, Vegetables, Natty PB, Yogurts, Nuts, Oatmeal, and eggs.

I've been in my bulking phase for the past 4 weeks and I've put on about 12lbs. I would say the majority of that weight has gone to my stomach. My gut sticks out a little bit more and I feel a little fatter around the gut.

I'm eating anywhere from 3000-4500 calories a day, sometimes less (2000-3000).

I space my meals out so that I eat every 3-4 hours.

Is this just a matter of genetics? I've never been the type of person to put weight around anything other than my gut.

Any thoughts?

BuffMother
11-03-2008, 08:49 PM
You are probably just an apple body type....keep lifting HEAVY with your legs, back and chest and abs (be sure to do vacuums)

ALSO Try cutting out your dairy... you could be lactose intolerant.

LarryByrd
11-03-2008, 09:22 PM
I would say that I'm definitely an apple body type. I just learned how to do vacuums. DO them every once in then.

Thanks for the advice!

LarryByrd
11-03-2008, 09:23 PM
You are probably just an apple body type....keep lifting HEAVY with your legs, back and chest and abs (be sure to do vacuums)

ALSO Try cutting out your dairy... you could be lactose intolerant.

I love milk, how can I be lactose intolerant?

Are there certain tests that the doctor can do to see if I am lactose intolerant?

Bioteknik
11-04-2008, 04:45 AM
Your signature says it all. You're eating too much.

1lb a week is a good place to start when bulking, you've had some weeks where you gained 4 lbs.

Holyspokes
11-04-2008, 04:54 AM
4 weeks... 12 lbs. That's at least 2lbs of fat every week that you've gained. You're eating too much, it doesn't matter if it's "clean" food.

hooked4life
11-04-2008, 11:39 AM
4 weeks... 12 lbs. That's at least 2lbs of fat every week that you've gained. You're eating too much, it doesn't matter if it's "clean" food.

yeah, conventional wisdom seems to think that 1 pound of muscle per week is total maximum a natural trainee under normal conditions can gain. you are eating too much.