PDA

View Full Version : Mass Gain Diet Help

Reps12
11-03-2008, 06:23 PM
Im 15 years old and I have a fast metabolism. I am trying to gain weight and need help with my diet. Its hard for me to get 6 meals a day as I have to go to school, how much calories should i be shooting for, and i weigh 142 should I eat 142 grams of protein or more?
And can anyone help me make a sample diet plan?

Thanks

JC480
11-03-2008, 06:28 PM
Well, first off, you should be discussing this issue with your parents first : )

That being said, pretty much all people your age have fast metabolisms.

How many calories per day do you eat now?

And I think 6 meals a day is a tough way of eating for a busy 15 year old. If you can get 3-4 good meals a day you're doing well.

What is your height and how much do you weigh currently? What is your activity levels? What sports do you play? What do you want to accomplish with your diet?

Reps12
11-03-2008, 06:41 PM
I eat around 2500 calories now.

I weigh 142 but im 5'11.

I play football, and I lift weights every day for 1 hour.

Reps12
11-03-2008, 06:55 PM
bump

xVERITAS
11-03-2008, 06:57 PM
Stop playing football, it is a dumb sport and just lift and eat big.

determined4000
11-03-2008, 07:44 PM

Dude shutup. Let the kid play a sports he probably loves.
Reps- I would say it is better if you try to do a 3 snack/ 3 meal aproach. Good sized breakfast, lunch and dinner. Snack before practice, before bed and try to sneak one in id morning if possible. What is important is to try to get a good source of carbs, fats, and protein at all 6 times. A breakfast could be eggs, oatmeal, milk, or toast w/ PB. Snacks could be potein bars/fruit/nuts. Lunch- PB and c-cut sandwhich on whole grain bread with fruit or veg, and maybe a granola bar, milk. Dinner a good serving of chicken/steak/grnd meat with potato/pasta/rice and vegetable with dressing or oil. And for another snack at night you could do a shake with a combination of a number of things milk or whey, fruit, PB, oats. Before practice do something that will sustain you and be easy on your stomach. Whether it is a sandwich or another bar, or something else you like that has a number of different nutrients.

easye7
11-03-2008, 07:48 PM

no.

but seriously when i was 15 i had no idea what a calorie was. you should be focusing on getting girls to slob your knob.

JC480
11-03-2008, 07:56 PM
I think at 15 years old you should be shooting for at least 3,000 calories per day if not more. But if you're really wanting to be this scientific about your diet, at least have your parents take you in for a physical and talk to your family doctor about it. Their advice is 100% more accurate than a bunch of people on the internet who don't konw you.

Some sample foods...
Cup of oatmeal with milk for breakfast would be good...you need some more protein with that...so maybe a couple boiled or scrambled eggs. Add a banana or another piece of fruit and you've got a rockin start to the day.

For lunch see if mom will use whole grain breads for your sandwiches...I'd get a vegetable, a piece of fruit, a good sandwich like turkey made with whatever you like on the bread. Some yogurt would be good too if you like it and your parents will pick some up for you.

For dinner more meat like chicken, fish, burgers, etc, some vegetables, some whole grain bread in there (buns), some fruit

Good snacks like fruit, carrots, peanut butter, almonds, walnuts, etc are awesome.

Paumen
11-03-2008, 07:56 PM
Can you do this..maybe try..

Wheaties with a protein shake, if you can't get protein powder have a extra glass of milk. Add a piece of fruit 2.

Pb sandwich

School Lunch

WHen you get home, Moms dinner, eat at least 2 serving lol. Try to get some form of meat here as well.

Snack of something you like popcorn , jerky, eat something

Maybe after practice a snickers with some water, water is important for growing bro. If you can , eat a meal.

Right before bed, maybe some cottage cheese with some rice. -cheers

Reps12
11-04-2008, 06:37 AM
no.

but seriously when i was 15 i had no idea what a calorie was. you should be focusing on getting girls to slob your knob.

lol....already have that part down

I think at 15 years old you should be shooting for at least 3,000 calories per day if not more. But if you're really wanting to be this scientific about your diet, at least have your parents take you in for a physical and talk to your family doctor about it. Their advice is 100% more accurate than a bunch of people on the internet who don't konw you.

Some sample foods...
Cup of oatmeal with milk for breakfast would be good...you need some more protein with that...so maybe a couple boiled or scrambled eggs. Add a banana or another piece of fruit and you've got a rockin start to the day.

For lunch see if mom will use whole grain breads for your sandwiches...I'd get a vegetable, a piece of fruit, a good sandwich like turkey made with whatever you like on the bread. Some yogurt would be good too if you like it and your parents will pick some up for you.

For dinner more meat like chicken, fish, burgers, etc, some vegetables, some whole grain bread in there (buns), some fruit

Good snacks like fruit, carrots, peanut butter, almonds, walnuts, etc are awesome.

Thanks, ill try to get some of those foods in there

Can you do this..maybe try..

Wheaties with a protein shake, if you can't get protein powder have a extra glass of milk. Add a piece of fruit 2.

Pb sandwich

School Lunch

WHen you get home, Moms dinner, eat at least 2 serving lol. Try to get some form of meat here as well.

Snack of something you like popcorn , jerky, eat something

Maybe after practice a snickers with some water, water is important for growing bro. If you can , eat a meal.

Right before bed, maybe some cottage cheese with some rice. -cheers

thanks, that sounds good

xVERITAS
11-05-2008, 07:46 AM
I was kidding about not playing football. But seriously, eat big, lift big, get big. Also lift with proper form