PDA

View Full Version : Supplement suggestions

MikeDS
11-03-2008, 10:08 AM
I currently take ON Whey only so I was thinking of trying another supplement- My immediate response was to take Creatine but I already have horrendous acne problems so I decided not to- My next supplement I thought of taking was Casein protein- can you take it while you sleep? What do you take it with? and does anyone know any good brands for Casein protein? I'm currently thinking of ON's 100% Casein

CharliC
11-03-2008, 10:14 AM
Kre-alkalyn capsules are good for escaping any of the more common creatine side effects. Pricey though.

I've heard good things about ON's casein, though haven't used it myself. Casein is fine for any time of day that you want a slow release protein and particularly good pre-bed, though cottage cheese with some fat would do the job just as well.

rhizome
11-03-2008, 10:17 AM
I currently take ON Whey only so I was thinking of trying another supplement- My immediate response was to take Creatine but I already have horrendous acne problems so I decided not to- My next supplement I thought of taking was Casein protein- can you take it while you sleep? What do you take it with? and does anyone know any good brands for Casein protein? I'm currently thinking of ON's 100% Casein

It's too clumpy for IV or feeding tube administration.