PDA

View Full Version : serious question about stool v.not a seat

makemonie
11-03-2008, 08:09 AM
Guys, I know this isn't a very popular subject but I really need some advice on this.

I have an extremely clean diet, MAYBE 1 cheat meal a week. I eat lots of veggies, lean meats (i.e. fish, turkey) and try to intake decent fat from nuts and peanut butter. I intake minimal carbs each day and my stool for the longest time has not been regular.

I have to use so much effort to use the bathroom each day. The frequency of my bowel movements is fine I think, I go once a day... but the effort it takes to use it is what bothers me.

Today, I sat there for 20 minutes HURTING, and could NOT get anything out. I tried relaxing as much as I could and it would start to come out, and I felt like it was so big in size that it wouldn't come out without force. I literally almost passed out because of how much it was killing me. When it FINALLY pushed out, it was humongous. I don't even know how to explain it, if you looked at it I would literally not believe something that big (wide) and long could fit out of a human's anus.

This is not a joke or anything, I'm being serious. Honestly, I called me brother in to have a look (we work at the same place) just to make sure I wasn't being silly... and he just had a blank stare on his face, almost like a scared look to say, I don't know man... doesn't look normal. He said I should try a stool softener.

Anyhow, I am stern on thinking this has to be a problem with my intestines... I would like to think a normal humans body would break down food to something a little smaller than what just came out of me...

Should I try a stool softener, I've tried fiber supps and they work some days, and some days not... very weird.

Or should I just go to a gastro??

I know it's a silly subject, but thanks for any help you can give.

HerveDuchemin
11-03-2008, 08:31 AM
Guys, I know this isn't a very popular subject but I really need some advice on this.

I have an extremely clean diet, MAYBE 1 cheat meal a week. I eat lots of veggies, lean meats (i.e. fish, turkey) and try to intake decent fat from nuts and peanut butter. I intake minimal carbs each day and my stool for the longest time has not been regular.

I have to use so much effort to use the bathroom each day. The frequency of my bowel movements is fine I think, I go once a day... but the effort it takes to use it is what bothers me.

Today, I sat there for 20 minutes HURTING, and could NOT get anything out. I tried relaxing as much as I could and it would start to come out, and I felt like it was so big in size that it wouldn't come out without force. I literally almost passed out because of how much it was killing me. When it FINALLY pushed out, it was humongous. I don't even know how to explain it, if you looked at it I would literally not believe something that big (wide) and long could fit out of a human's anus.

This is not a joke or anything, I'm being serious. Honestly, I called me brother in to have a look (we work at the same place) just to make sure I wasn't being silly... and he just had a blank stare on his face, almost like a scared look to say, I don't know man... doesn't look normal. He said I should try a stool softener.

Anyhow, I am stern on thinking this has to be a problem with my intestines... I would like to think a normal humans body would break down food to something a little smaller than what just came out of me...

Should I try a stool softener, I've tried fiber supps and they work some days, and some days not... very weird.

Ideally, your stool should be about 12 inches long and pretty big if things are working right, so I wouldn't worry with the size. In terms of the pain maybe a stool softener would help. Smaller, tinier stools are typically indicative that things aren't working optimally

makemonie
11-03-2008, 08:35 AM
Ideally, your stool should be about 12 inches long and pretty big if things are working right, so I wouldn't worry with the size. In terms of the pain maybe a stool softener would help. Smaller, tinier stools are typically indicative that things aren't working optimally

Really? Well I didn't know that. I would say yes, it was probably 12 inches or so long, but at one point I would estimate it to of been almost 4 inches wide.... it really was not fun

stlrick
11-03-2008, 08:39 AM
Really? Well I didn't know that. I would say yes, it was probably 12 inches or so long, but at one point I would estimate it to of been almost 4 inches wide.... it really was not fun

Son, I'm pretty sure you just became a daddy... sounds like you passed a 3 month old!

That said, I have nothing of value to add to the conversation.

makemonie
11-03-2008, 08:42 AM
Son, I'm pretty sure you just became a daddy... sounds like you passed a 3 month old!

That said, I have nothing of value to add to the conversation.

hahahaha

HerveDuchemin
11-03-2008, 09:07 AM
Watch this: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iQUk1eMU5z0

Good info.

reefpicker
11-03-2008, 09:37 AM

I have the same "problem". I have observed that the more sandwiches I eat (Like PB), oatmeal, etc, the bigger/longer they are :)

I think its bulk-forming at its best.... You just have such a good diet that the feces are not breaking up.... I guess, what I mean is that I think this is indicative of a good amount of fiber and carbs in our diet....

In my case however, there is no pain... They are very soft.... OMG I cant believe I am talking about my own sh**t. haha :D

I do not recommend a stool softener.... Try to achieve a better balance b/w your soluble/insoluble fibers and your carbs/proteins... Maybe more water will help too? IDK As a last resort you could try prune juice... Just about 8oz should do the trick.... Maybe less, bc you only want it to soft your stools... 4oz might be enough.....? IDK

HTH

bodydropcris
11-03-2008, 04:57 PM
great thread!! sorry about your sore ass, but this thread had me laughing when i got to the passing out part!!

how many courics do you estimate it to have been?