PDA

View Full Version : Any nutrionist or bio professionals?

DoingItRight
11-03-2008, 08:37 AM
I was wondering if someone could point me in the direction of an article or answer my question about converting calories to muscle. If one eats 500 calories above he will gain "a pound" a week. This pound of weight gain could be all fat, all muscle, or a combination of the two.... If one were to eat at maintenance and worked out just as hard as someone eating 500 calories over(assuming both are eating the same food just one is eating a little more) would he not gain muscle because he isn't eating over maintenance? Or would he turn the stored fat he has into muscle but at a slower rate because hes not eating above maintenance. If this is confusing I'll try and rephrase but I was just thinking today about how much you would have to eat to gain minimal fat and mostly muscle. And how much would you have to lift to make this minimal fat gain possible. I know everyone is different but there has to be some sort of study done to see the maximum muscle growth attainable.

DoingItRight
11-03-2008, 11:13 AM
bummmp

Bioteknik
11-03-2008, 11:30 AM
if you want a simple answer, you aren't going to get one.

Bedwards
11-03-2008, 11:34 AM
I was wondering if someone could point me in the direction of an article or answer my question about converting calories to muscle. If one eats 500 calories above he will gain "a pound" a week. This pound of weight gain could be all fat, all muscle, or a combination of the two.... If one were to eat at maintenance and worked out just as hard as someone eating 500 calories over(assuming both are eating the same food just one is eating a little more) would he not gain muscle because he isn't eating over maintenance? Or would he turn the stored fat he has into muscle but at a slower rate because hes not eating above maintenance. If this is confusing I'll try and rephrase but I was just thinking today about how much you would have to eat to gain minimal fat and mostly muscle. And how much would you have to lift to make this minimal fat gain possible. I know everyone is different but there has to be some sort of study done to see the maximum muscle growth attainable.

One calorie over your maintenance level.

Paumen
11-03-2008, 11:39 AM

JFT