PDA

View Full Version : I feel like my diet is keeping me from exceeding...

SenorBonifas
11-03-2008, 08:10 AM
When I first started lifting, I ate like crap. Fat here and there, but I had a really high metabolism so I still managed to have a low BF. Once I started couting my calories etc and keeping track of what I ate in order ot gain good weight and muscle I did gain some fat but alot of muscle (nearly 40lbs, 35 muscle 5 fat). Now I am stalling once again, and I have determined it has nothing to do with my lifting routines. I am almost positive it is my diet. I probably eat 5 to 6 meals a day, around 4000 calories and thats easy for me (fitting them in is hard with the fact that im so busy). Basically, I eat low fat foods, high carbs before workout and after, try for no carbs at night, fats at night instead. I feel these basic principles are not working for me anymore. I need new food ides and hopefully some help with my problem. I am looking to gain weight (obviously, so I can build lean muscle) but I don't think i'm doing it right. I can't count calories because that takes too much time, I just need easy(I don't have much time to make fancy meals) to make, cheap, foods that would support my diet (assuming they are low fat, high calorie and whatever) and some help with the basic principles behind a good diet (assuming mine aren't correct) . Any help?

dinger8
11-03-2008, 10:40 AM
your gains are deffinatly gonna stall cant gain 40 pounds forever, increasing calaries isnt always going to help build more musce. change the foods you eat the excersises you do the reps you do. but i know what you mean. gained 30 pounds in about 3-4 months now iam lucky to gain 3-4 pounds a month.. but i like a protein shake with milk with a rye bagel with peanut butter . its good for abot 850 cals good for a breakfast.. i think alot pf people new to lifting expected good gaines to keep coming me included, but that is just not how it works.

SenorBonifas
11-03-2008, 05:44 PM
well I would agree that my gains would slow down a little, but I have barely gained anything in the past month or two. Are there any quick foods out there that are good to eat, I just need something i can pop out of my back and eat in a few minutes between classes.