PDA

View Full Version : Higher calorie clean foods? Help needed!

Cloaked
11-03-2008, 05:41 AM
Here is my problem:

I have been eating relatively clean (cheating here and there) and have been consuming about 3,100 calories a day for the past 2 weeks. At the start of the 2 weeks I was 155.0 and today was the 2 week mark and I weighed in at 155.4. The first week was a week off where I didn't do any training whatsoever. To me, 0.4 seems like quite the small gain considering.

I seriously need some good foods suggestions that will get me another 400-500 calories a day. LOW VOLUME foods would be preferred since I am already eating from the time I wake up until the time I go to bed just to get the 3,100 calories (unless I eat junk which makes it a lot easier to hit the calory count).

THANKS

nathan183
11-03-2008, 06:06 AM
Here is my problem:

I have been eating relatively clean (cheating here and there) and have been consuming about 3,100 calories a day for the past 2 weeks. At the start of the 2 weeks I was 155.0 and today was the 2 week mark and I weighed in at 155.4. The first week was a week off where I didn't do any training whatsoever. To me, 0.4 seems like quite the small gain considering.

I seriously need some good foods suggestions that will get me another 400-500 calories a day. LOW VOLUME foods would be preferred since I am already eating from the time I wake up until the time I go to bed just to get the 3,100 calories (unless I eat junk which makes it a lot easier to hit the calory count).

THANKS

Peanut butter is very calorie dense and would probably be pretty easy to add to your diet. That being said, eating 400-500 calories of less clean foods wouldn't be the end of the world either.

Cloaked
11-03-2008, 06:10 AM
I already have less clean food in my diet, and would like to keep it where it is at if I can.

AbAbber2k
11-03-2008, 06:15 AM
Jumbo Avocados. Recently started eating one a day. A medium sized avocado is like 300 calories, 30g fat, lots of nutrients... delicious, somewhat calorie dense AND good for you.

MFlare
11-03-2008, 06:24 AM
Nuts.

A small serving of mixed nuts is ~300 calories.

Cloaked
11-03-2008, 06:28 AM
Jumbo Avocados. Recently started eating one a day. A medium sized avocado is like 300 calories, 30g fat, lots of nutrients... delicious, somewhat calorie dense AND good for you.

I will have to try at least one. I am not a fan of them in sushi, but maybe alone it would be alright.

Nuts.

A small serving of mixed nuts is ~300 calories.

Maybe mixed nuts could replace some of the almonds I have been eating and add to calories that way.

BBDF
11-03-2008, 06:35 AM
whole Nuts/Nut butters

Ms_Doodikins
11-03-2008, 06:51 AM
oats/rice (1 cup dry is 300cals and ~52g carbs & brown rice is 300cals for .5 cup dry and 64g carbs)

you could also make up a big pot of chili (store it in tubaware containers in the freezer) and use full fat everything

Here is a recipe I have but I do not follow it to the letter, change it however you like, but chili is a great food to get in calories and with cold weather season approaching it'll be perfect :)

2 TBSP olive oil
1.5 lb. 80/20 beef
1 jar salsa
1 16oz can diced tomatoes
6 oz tomato paste
1 15oz can kidney beans
1 15oz can black beans
2 cups water
10oz bag frozen corn
1 large yellow onion
3 serrano chilis, chopped (or 1 large bell pepper)
1/2 clove garlic chopped
1/2 TBSP Cayenne Pepper
1 TSP black pepper
3 TBSP chili seasoning
1 TSP Tabasco/Texas Pete

# In a large pot, heat olive oil and add chopped onion, chilis, garlic (cook for 3-5 minutes)
# Add ground beef and pepper
# Add salsa and chili seasoning.
# Over medium-high heat, stir for a minute or two cooking the salsa a little (it should bubble). Now add the water and stir.
# Add all other ingredients EXCEPT beans
# Stir as you add ingredients. Bring to gentle boil on medium high heat. Reduce heat to low and cook for 30-60 minutes. Stir regularly
# Drain and rinse the beans. Then, add to pot. Bring to a gentle boil on medium heat and return to low heat. Cook an additional 15-30 mins on low heat.
# Serve with topped with cheddar cheese and sour cream.

dinger8
11-03-2008, 06:54 AM
drink milf with every meal, also mix your shakes with milk, easy cals

LS2Stew
11-03-2008, 07:01 AM
Swig some olive oil - drink it straight from the bottle and you can easily do 200calories in a mouthful.

Cloaked
11-03-2008, 07:02 AM
drink milf with every meal, also mix your shakes with milk, easy cals

My friends don't like when I drink milf... tends to make things awkward lol

booyaolian
11-03-2008, 08:05 AM
what are considered as clean food?

CharliC
11-03-2008, 08:46 AM
There are load of calorie dense clean foods to play with....

Carbs: oats, pasta, cereals, beans, sweet potatoes, rice, bananas, bread
Fats: nuts (I think cashews are highest cal?), nut butters, avocados, olive and flaxseed oils
Protein: Salmon, Mackerel

A nice PB, banana and honey sandwich is good for a portable high cal snack.

dinger8
11-03-2008, 09:32 AM
There are load of calorie dense clean foods to play with....

Carbs: oats, pasta, cereals, beans, sweet potatoes, rice, bananas, bread
Fats: nuts (I think cashews are highest cal?), nut butters, avocados, olive and flaxseed oils
Protein: Salmon, Mackerel

A nice PB, banana and honey sandwich is good for a portable high cal snack.
high calarie to me is about 850, this sand is only about 400-500 depending on amount of pb

Cloaked
11-04-2008, 10:36 AM
I think I found a "dirty/cheat" snack that will last me a few weeks:

discounted Hallowe'en Peanut Butter cups!!! (One of my biggest weaknesses)

Once they are gone, back to the "healthier" calories.