PDA

View Full Version : Low carb diet with simple sugar pwo shake

Tomek
11-03-2008, 05:35 AM
Started my low carb moderate fat high protein diet this month.. (with weekly re-feeds)

All my carbs (if any) are fibrous greens (making full use of fibre) in large servings..

However I have decided to use simple sugars pwo (46g from powerade) to aid in recovery ...

Im 200 pounds looking to get down to 180-185 pounds... Im hitting good macros as far as diet goes.

Will the simple sugars hinder my results or fool around with my insulin levels on this low carb diet? Is using simple sugars on low carb diet's beneficial?

As you can tell Im a noob when it comes to low carb nutrition. (Im intaking an ample amount of EFA in my diet cutting them for my pw shake and meal)

Appreciate any valid points..

dinger8
11-03-2008, 08:17 AM
high lnsulin levels are going to blunt fat burning since lifting weights allows you to burn more fat through out the day ithink sugar after workouts is not usefull, if your trying to cut. but iam no expert by anymeans, any body agree

dinger8
11-03-2008, 10:19 AM
bump

namtrag
11-03-2008, 10:20 AM
IMO, and I am not saying I know anything at all, it's not low carb if you eat carbs

Some say the PWO carbs don't count.

My advice is to try it and see if you stay in ketosis. If you do, don't worry about it.

For me, I am forsaking PWO carbs for now anyway!

Tomek
11-04-2008, 12:27 AM
Problem is, I don't have the time frame to experiment..

Il just stick with the low carb and allow a re-feed on leg day..

Il see what happens and report back