PDA

View Full Version : lifting without gaining size

MAK060
11-03-2008, 03:34 AM
guys what will happen if at certain point i stop increasing the weights and just lift high repps (10-12) and eat my maintainence ? will i lose some muscle or just stop gaining ?

and what if i do not increase the weights but eat above my maintainence ? i will get just fat right, since theres not enough muscle stimulation to promote muscle growth ?

Yaxley
11-03-2008, 06:49 AM
Im no expert here, but I think that if you stop increasing the weights and eat under maintenance you are going to stay pretty much as you look now. If you eat above maintenance and do not increase weight... I think that you are going to be on a bulk state. If you dont want to increase weight at least increase reps. I increase my reps, to 10 to 12 and then to 15, when I can do 4x15 or 4x15-15-12-12 I increase weight. :)

MAK060
11-03-2008, 06:58 AM
thanks for the reply man, but how come if i eat under maintaince i will stay the same ??? am i not supposed to lose weight on caloric deficit. My goal is to achieve six pack, ripped look and that is why i stopped increasing the weights. im just lifting with high repps and doing cardio as much as i can...

MAK060
11-03-2008, 03:52 PM
anyone?

Aindreas
11-03-2008, 03:55 PM
Im no expert here, but I think that if you stop increasing the weights and eat under maintenance you are going to stay pretty much as you look now.

I think you misunderstand the meaning of "maintenance."

Lochirco
11-03-2008, 04:38 PM
thanks for the reply man, but how come if i eat under maintaince i will stay the same ??? am i not supposed to lose weight on caloric deficit. My goal is to achieve six pack, ripped look and that is why i stopped increasing the weights. im just lifting with high repps and doing cardio as much as i can...

First off I think you misunderstood the term "under manintanince". With that being said, what Yaxley means is when you take in consideration your own stats, and put that information towards a certin goal, such as Maintaining my current muscle and weight then I have to consume(Maintenance Phase) "X" amount of calories. If My goal was to build more muscle(Bulking phase), then I would have to consume "Y" amount of calories.

To get back to your goal of building a "six pack".
-You should not have stoped increasing your weights, this is important just for overall muscle stimuli
-Cardio is great for real defined look
-DIET IS 80% of getting to a "Ripped look"
-Make sure your doing enough of the right movements to create the look you want
-Do not overtrain
-Think about alternating one week of high reps light weight vs one week low"er" reps high"er" weight
-Be Patient