PDA

View Full Version : The Florida Gators are the best team in College Football

user27629377
11-02-2008, 07:49 PM
Discuss the truth that is the title of this thread.

Team Punishment
11-02-2008, 07:51 PM
Right now... I cant argue with that.

(inb4 Texas Tech)

trojannation
11-02-2008, 07:54 PM
They are going to be the national champions this year.

gogators222
11-02-2008, 08:07 PM
Without a doubt they are playing the best football right now. I just don't want to get ahead of myself... because you never plan turnovers, and they could hurt UF in a future game.

With that said, brb buying SEC Champ game tickets!!!!!!!!

UAGreg
11-02-2008, 09:30 PM
As much as I hate the Gators, they are the best team right now. However, they might not even be playing in the National Championship so it doesn't matter. Penn State running the table (which they will), and if Texas Tech wins out. I'm just assuming that Bama gets blown out in the SEC Championship by Florida btw.

Calhexas
11-02-2008, 09:36 PM
As much as I hate the Gators, they are the best team right now. However, they might not even be playing in the National Championship so it doesn't matter. Penn State running the table (which they will), and if Texas Tech wins out. I'm just assuming that Bama gets blown out in the SEC Championship by Florida btw.

Bama is a better team than UGA. I'm just saying...their D is much better, especially at stopping runs.

Bama also only seems to give up the pass when they think they have the game in the bag.

UF may win, but I don't think it's as certain as everyone is making it out to be. UGA game wasn't a certainty. Stafford just played like ****.

UAGreg
11-02-2008, 09:46 PM
Bama is a better team than UGA. I'm just saying...their D is much better, especially at stopping runs.

Bama also only seems to give up the pass when they think they have the game in the bag.

UF may win, but I don't think it's as certain as everyone is making it out to be. UGA game wasn't a certainty. Stafford just played like ****.

I respect your opinion, but other than Georgia who has Alabama beaten? Georgia is ridiculously overrated (or was), and Clemson has proven that they weren't worthy of their preseason ranking.

laxster
11-02-2008, 09:50 PM
I respect your opinion, but other than Georgia who has Alabama beaten? Georgia is ridiculously overrated (or was), and Clemson has proven that they weren't worthy of their preseason ranking.

they've proven they are consistently a good football team in the SEC and not losing to non ranked teams like ol' miss, while I still think that Florida is the best team in the SEC, the SEC title isn't going to be handed to them, it should be a good game

Calhexas
11-02-2008, 09:56 PM

Ummm...everyone they've played? Including Ole Miss.

I can't remember if UF beat Ole Miss. Can you? :)

Georgia is not overrated. Their QB just failed to show up to the biggest game of their schedule. UGA proved they could play when they beat the piss out of LSU...put up the same number of points as UF. UGA is a great team...they just didn't come to win Saturday.

Clemson is definitely a bust...but that can't be Bama's fault. And anytime you hold a team to no rushing yards...that matters. Even ****ty teams should be able to amount some sort of positive yardage on the ground.

This is my opinion...but just as everyone else is just saying their opinion. UF is great...but we've all seen the difference between when they click, and when they don't. Same for Bama.

If both teams come to play, I'm not sure who would win.

gogators222
11-02-2008, 10:00 PM
There is no way in hell I assume UF is going to beat Bama. That's just dumb. Hopefully, if UF gets the chance, he will find a way to motivate them enough to pull out a victory.

UAGreg
11-02-2008, 10:00 PM
Ummm...everyone they've played? Including Ole Miss.

I can't remember if UF beat Ole Miss. Can you? :)

Georgia is not overrated. Their QB just failed to show up to the biggest game of their schedule. UGA proved they could play when they beat the piss out of LSU...put up the same number of points as UF. UGA is a great team...they just didn't come to win Saturday.

Clemson is definitely a bust...but that can't be Bama's fault. And anytime you hold a team to no rushing yards...that matters. Even ****ty teams should be able to amount some sort of positive yardage on the ground.

This is my opinion...but just as everyone else is just saying their opinion. UF is great...but we've all seen the difference between when they click, and when they don't. Same for Bama.

If both teams come to play, I'm not sure who would win.

I'm just saying the two big games that Georgia has played this year (Bama and UF) they've been absolutely dominated. Coincidence? I think not.

Edit - I realize Bama only beat them by 11, but it was fuking 31-0 at halftime. They scored two tds late in the game.

TanTORNADO
11-02-2008, 10:09 PM
my rebels whoopd that gator ass ..

repos
11-02-2008, 10:59 PM
my rebels whoopd that gator ass ..

they won by 1.............
wait until the SEC championship bama vs fl

Calhexas
11-03-2008, 07:24 AM
they won by 1.............
wait until the SEC championship bama vs fl

If Bama and UF both show up...it will be a game.

UF beat the pants off of UGA...but Bama showed that when they click, they too are as dominating as it gets.

31-0 in 2 quarters. Not even UF has done that.

user27629377
11-03-2008, 07:54 AM
If Bama and UF both show up...it will be a game.

UF beat the pants off of UGA...but Bama showed that when they click, they too are as dominating as it gets.

31-0 in 2 quarters. Not even UF has done that.

Actually, UF led Kentucky 35-0 before the half, jus sayin.

Calhexas
11-03-2008, 08:00 AM

Ah true...but KY was so depleted because of injuries I expected as such.

They lost their offensive weapons, and some of their secondary. They are no UGA/LSU.

=T Bone=
11-03-2008, 10:40 AM
They are the best right now Imo. But when I put some horse laxative in floridas Gatorade during the Seccg they wont be ****.

pengh
11-03-2008, 10:56 AM
NEED A 4 TEAM PLAYOFF! Gators are the best team no doubt USC #2

jkeithc82
11-03-2008, 11:02 AM

They didn't lead Ole Miss in the end. Bama did though.

jus sayin. :D

bill257
11-03-2008, 11:06 AM
Can't wait till bama whips Florida in the SEC championship game. Everyone is getting carried away by teams that like to run up the score. Great defense always trumps great offenses. Bama is going to shut down the gators and hopefully a soft Big XII team in the title game.

user27629377
11-03-2008, 11:07 AM
They didn't lead Ole Miss in the end. Bama did though.

jus sayin. :D

True. Bama had close calls with Ole Miss and Kentucky though. I remember hearing about UF's loss to Auburn for weeks back in 06, thankfully that loss ended up not mattering, I'm hoping this one doesn't either :)

Can't wait till bama whips Florida in the SEC championship game. Everyone is getting carried away by teams that like to run up the score. Great defense always trumps great offenses. Bama is going to shut down the gators and hopefully a soft Big XII team in the title game.

Anyone who thinks ANY team, this goes for Bama and Florida, is going to completely shut down one of the Big 12 contenders is fooling themselves.

jkeithc82
11-03-2008, 11:08 AM
True. Bama had close calls with Ole Miss and Kentucky though. I remember hearing about UF's loss to Auburn for weeks back in 06, thankfully that loss ended up not mattering, I'm hoping this one doesn't either :)

I can see it now. But for Alabama, Florida would be National Champions.

:p

user27629377
11-03-2008, 11:12 AM
I can see it now. But for Alabama, Florida would be National Champions.

:p

I would never argue that haha, especially because one of those teams is going to keep the other from the NC game (more than likely)

joelz54_99
11-03-2008, 11:13 AM
Bull****s

Ole Miss

Calhexas
11-03-2008, 11:19 AM

Auburn was ranked I believe.

And when Bama met them, Ole Miss had just beat UF, and Kentucky was undefeated and not riddled with injuries.

Anyone who thinks ANY team, this goes for Bama and Florida, is going to completely shut down one of the Big 12 contenders is fooling themselves.

Completely shut down...probably not. But I think it's a great possibility an SEC team would top a Big12 team in the NC should it come to it. There will be no shutout though.

user27629377
11-03-2008, 11:24 AM
I don't know why you keep using the excuse about Kentucky being riddled with injuries, as had they not been, they would have been some great team or something.

Calhexas
11-03-2008, 11:52 AM
I don't know why you keep using the excuse about Kentucky being riddled with injuries, as had they not been, they would have been some great team or something.

They would've been able to score, and they would've been able to prevent offensive production better.

I'm not saying they would have won, but there is no way the KY team at the beginning of the season would have let up 65pts...or failed to score double digits.

user27629377
11-09-2008, 08:22 AM
Truth.

user27629377
11-30-2008, 07:45 PM
I'm going to go ahead and agree with the OP of this thread.

Bowtiejeep
11-30-2008, 11:02 PM
I'm going to go ahead and agree with the OP of this thread.

I'm going to go ahead and roll tide with OP of this thread.

user27629377
12-01-2008, 04:57 AM
I'm going to go ahead and roll tide with OP of this thread.

lol! reps for making me laugh.

user27629377
01-08-2009, 09:08 PM
High score? What does that mean? Did I break it?

koreanizm
01-08-2009, 09:27 PM
Gator nation! They shouldve played USC for the title but ill take a nat'l title!

Propulsion
01-09-2009, 02:22 AM
Can't make that claim unless there is a playoff system.

JIGSAW
01-09-2009, 05:46 AM
this is fulll of truth

user27629377
01-09-2009, 08:41 AM
Can't make that claim unless there is a playoff system.

I'm pretty sure I just did