PDA

View Full Version : For anyone struggling with Acne

suave9
11-02-2008, 06:09 PM
By eliminating sugar from my diet, and by doing a procedure in the shower that I like to call "shocking, I have effectively eliminated 6 years of acne in under a month.

Anyone interested in details or is this common knowledge?

otrebmu
11-02-2008, 06:16 PM
i concur. i've always eaten decently healthy (no sugar water, for example) but lately i've been eating even healthier. just by eating lower of the glycemic index i've been doing alright. i don't look foods up, i just cut out sugar. whatever sugar i do consume comes from fruit, veggies, nuts, etc.

gethoogin08
11-02-2008, 07:20 PM
well i'd sure be interested to hear this. quit being a tease, post away!

Dnarts
11-02-2008, 07:28 PM
yeah, your worse then a girl. get the pizza off our face with your magic shocking!

suave9
11-03-2008, 05:28 AM
I am not sure HOW it exactly works, I just know it cured what no chemical i've ever tried in 6 years + all sorts of diet changes etc. I started putting 2 and 2 together and have came up with a hypothesis on why it works as well as it does.

This process reguires you do two things.

1. Drink OVER a gallon of water per day through out the day. You must get to the point where you have to piss 10+ times each day EVERY day.

2. Shock your skin in the shower

Shocking is a term I came up with personally. I'm sure theres another term out there, but the first time I tried this I was shocked by the way my skin felt when I got out of the shower. So go figure, shocking.

First, sugar is quite simply a drug. That's all there is to it. You crave it when you haven't had it, you want it because it taste good, and it soothes the senses just like any drug out there.

Sugar is also not digestible, thus your body needs to have a way of getting rid of this waste. Naturally, the way to do it is relieving yourself. However, you don't do this enough through out the day for it to work efficiently.

The only other way for it to get out is through your skin. Just like when your sweat glands deposit salts and other waste when you sweat, and even when you're not sweating it's still depositing oils and such in normal everyday life. I'm assuming that the body does the same for the sugar that a person puts in it. Fair enough?

Now to get to the water part. Water is a natural filter for your system. It keeps you clean. It really helps out the liver. More then anything, it helps your body get rid of it's waste aka sugar.

The idea with drinking water habitually is so that it becomes a lubricant, rather then just a neccessity for life. Think of it in terms of an engine and water as the oil of the engine. Oil keeps the engine running smooth. Same thing here.

This is where a lot of people give up though. It normally takes 3 weeks once you start drinking like I say you should for it to show on your skin. Most people I know have done this for a week and said the h*ll with it "it don't work i'm not seeing any difference"... Yeah well rome wasn't built in a week and i'm sorry but it's going to take more then a week for your body, and more importantly your skin, to be able cleanse itself. Once it starts however, your skin texture will completely and totally change.

Ever seen someones face that just seems to glow. All that oil that they have on their face is just downright nasty. After about 3 weeks, that oily feeling you get on your skin that starts to build-up just completely dissappears. Your skin feels the way it should.

Now, as for shocking. Shocking simply this - your taking a hot shower, just about as hot as you can stand it.... then you decide that a cold shower is better then a warm one and promptly proceed to completely turn the hot water off and turn the cold water all the way up. Now you decide within those next 5 seconds your going to be a man and take it for 30 seconds...

After the 30 seconds are up and you made sure every inch of your skin has been chilled, then you turn the hot water all way back up to the point where you can barely take it for guess what? You knew it! Thirty seconds. After that, it's time to be a man again.

Repeat 5 times.

Get out of shower on a cold note. Don't get out with the hot water being on the last part. We're men now, not children. Immediately dry yourself off and get out and go stand in front of a fan. Yes that's right, you go from what seemed like the artic all the way to anartica now.

You must do the above quickly. Don't allow your skin to adjust to room temperature. If you have scream, then do it, but don't move out of the path of that fan. Jump, cry, I don't care, stay in front of the fan until your skin adjusts to the normal room temperature.

You will not BELIEVE the way your skin will feel after this. It's like dosing your entire body with a full powerful amount of benzoyl peroxide. Some say all that cold water does is that it closes your pores. I've had an anatomy proffessor tell me that's a myth. Pores don't have little "doors" they can open and close with. I don't know, and I don't care.

?????

Profit

suave9
11-03-2008, 05:32 AM
I believe we should make this a forum wide experiment.

I've never heard of anyone even come close to this type of treament.

Especially with the RIDICULOUS results that I have seen.

CookBrah
11-03-2008, 06:15 AM
ill try the shocker,(lol)..Ive read about a method like this in the past, so I know there is some validity to it. I believe the hot water softens up the skin and releases oil, where as the cold water tightens up the skin etc..

i dont have a fan in the house though, so ill have to just dry myself with a towel.

DJohnson
11-03-2008, 07:38 AM
Doing a very low carb diet I've found that for me, high blood sugar spikes = acne. Alcohol too.

This likely because both dry out the skin, which in some people causes a release of too much sebum which clogs pores. I find that moisturizing during carb-ups and when drinking helps, but it's not perfect. By the time my carb up comes I have clear skin and then after it's over I have a few pimples again. Arrrgh.

I've always taken in 1-2 gallons/day, probably helps.

Lol @ shocking! I think it sounds too unpleasant for me to do on a daily basis. I have read though that taking a 30 second ice shower after your shower is over will raise your metabolism for the rest of the day, I believe there was even a study to back this. If it works go for it!

matth87
11-03-2008, 08:16 AM
could be some true to it because when you wash your face with salacidic acid products they do say to use warm water

supernoober
11-08-2008, 05:53 PM
sounds like a pretty sick strategy. But it might be a bit impractical and tedious to do the shock thing. The low-sugar diet and water drinking is definately good though. Also drink 2 teaspoons of ORGANIC apple cider vinegar diluted in water twice a day. It cleans out your system and keeps your body alkaline instead of acidic.

icery
11-08-2008, 06:00 PM
high carbs absolutely can cause acne, and for me sebaceous cysts especially. from what i've read and as djohnson said, its something to do with insulin. i can remember a few times having cysts on my face and then eating pizza followed by some other junk. the next day the cyst or cysts would either get bigger/or be refilled with more puss/fluid whatever. overall my complexion turns to ****, and i start getting dandruff and hair turns gray. dieting with lower carbs completely turns it around

Dr. Horse
11-08-2008, 06:09 PM
Sugar is also not digestible, thus your body needs to have a way of getting rid of this waste. Naturally, the way to do it is relieving yourself. However, you don't do this enough through out the day for it to work efficiently.

Truly bizarre. Who fed you this tripe?

LehighLuke
11-08-2008, 06:48 PM
Dude, I have struggled with acne on my back and shoulders for years, and it SUCKS!

I want to try your shocking deal, but only if you are serious. If you are just making this $hit up, then its a pretty sick joke.

But I'll try anything. (Currently don't eat sugar, and I always drink a ton of water)

prplhaz
11-08-2008, 09:35 PM
Cold treatments are definitely effective. Whether it's spot treatments using ice or simply keeping benzoyl peroxide in the fridge, it does seem to help. Suave's shock treatment sounds like a good experiment for others. Thank the Lord I am now too old to need or consider trying it!

Passion4Pump
11-08-2008, 11:22 PM
Sugar is also not digestible

How can anyone take this guy seriously?

Paumen
11-08-2008, 11:30 PM
I get mad acne on my shoulders.

Jaws08
11-08-2008, 11:58 PM
Typical bulk diets high in carbs with force feeding of excessive calories is a recipie for acne

There is a simple solution for acne. Low calorie low carb/ketogenic diet.

USNMA
11-09-2008, 12:11 AM
if your really desperate....hit ur face with pepper spray...it got rid of mine in miliaray police school

Quin-serison
11-09-2008, 02:38 AM
actually, I don't think its the sugar its self caursing the ance, nore a high amount of carbs. The problem is, for some people allready pre-disposed is fat production now I can remember exactly what goes on but there is a whole chemical process involved and its the extra hormones in your system from that which aggrevates acne, because its hormones which flares up acne. So spiking sugar, excess carb = acne. But, sugar first thing in the morning or after workout should mostly be used so wouldnt be so much of a problem, and the key with over all diet would be to not ever go on a extreme bulk but a modest one. Just my two cents anyway.

LehighLuke
11-09-2008, 11:53 AM
How can anyone take this guy seriously?

Good point.

I tried it last night. I guess I'm just a huge pussy because I got the water super hot, got acclimated, and then went dead cold. About 1.5 seconds later I couldn't stand it...it felt like I was going to die.

I don't know, its just too extreme to do on purpose.

SDC77
11-09-2008, 11:56 AM
by doing a procedure in the shower that I like to call "shocking"

http://img45.imageshack.us/img45/7919/roflcopter9gr.png

Whatever works I guess!

Marcus8880
11-09-2008, 11:57 AM
Less sugar, less yeast and better digestion... Better digestion, toxin free, more effcaint immune system, less inflammtion, less acne...

/thread

SDC77
11-09-2008, 11:59 AM
Is there any scientific evidence whatsoever that implicates carbohydrates as a causative factor in acne? Sounds like **** to me, I'd love to read studies.

Marcus8880
11-09-2008, 12:03 PM
Is there any scientific evidence whatsoever that implicates carbohydrates as a causative factor in acne? Sounds like **** to me, I'd love to read studies.

Look at what i wrote bro, its more so common science knowledge... Read about food sensitivites and skin problems.. Or gastroentstinal problems and skin problems being connect. Diet definitly affects most cases of acne.

FitzChivalry
11-09-2008, 12:16 PM
I went low carb and my acne got worse.

JDabomb
11-09-2008, 12:17 PM
When you have hot water/steam pouring on or around your body, your pores open up, and hence able to clean them out, get all that grit and dirt, (sugar if you want to call it), then the cold water closes them back up. Ever get cold and you get goosebumps?? that's your body reacting to the cold and trying to keep your body temp where it's supposed to be. Obviously after 3 weeks of cleaning your skin consistently you will see results. I'm sure you're scrubbing all areas also, helping get rid of all that grit and dirt, no?

Marcus8880
11-09-2008, 12:17 PM
I went low carb and my acne got worse.

You might of been eating somethign that was harder on your digestion causing more inflammtoin maybe?

SDC77
11-09-2008, 01:02 PM
Look at what i wrote bro, its more so common science knowledge... Read about food sensitivites and skin problems.. Or gastroentstinal problems and skin problems being connect. Diet definitly affects most cases of acne.

Now that we have this established...... is there any scientific evidence that prove carbohydrates to be a causative factor in acne?

Marcus8880
11-09-2008, 01:14 PM
Now that we have this established...... is there any scientific evidence that prove carbohydrates to be a causative factor in acne?

http://www3.interscience.wiley.com/journal/119486805/abstract?CRETRY=1&SRETRY=0

Raised IgG levels are due to bad digestion, some attritubing to high sugar intakes and bad bacteria growths.

Jaws08
11-09-2008, 01:20 PM
Empircal evidence is enough. People eating primitive diets lower in carbs and calories are invariably completely free of acne, but as soon as these people adopt a typical western diet acne appears overnight.

Marcus8880
11-09-2008, 01:24 PM
Empircal evidence is enough. People eating primitive diets lower in carbs and calories are invariably completely free of acne, but as soon as these people adopt a typical western diet acne appears overnight.

Reps to this guy for noticing the diet and culture differences in acne

icery
11-09-2008, 01:36 PM

http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/17448569
http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/17616769
http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/18178063

icery
11-09-2008, 02:21 PM
http://www.thepaleodiet.com/articles/Final%20Acne%20Article.pdf

bp16
11-09-2008, 02:32 PM

Insulin spikes, which can be caused either by high-GI carbs, or just a lot of carbs of any GI, can lead to the promotion of IGF-1, a hormone that is linked with acne. Poor digestion can also be a factor, but I am not sure how carbs would fit into that.

bp16
11-09-2008, 02:32 PM
http://www.thepaleodiet.com/articles/Final%20Acne%20Article.pdf

Ah yeah that is a good summary of it.

Passion4Pump
11-09-2008, 02:37 PM
I guess I'm just a huge pussy because I got the water super hot, got acclimated, and then went dead cold. About 1.5 seconds later I couldn't stand it...it felt like I was going to die.

We're men now, not children.

You're not a pussy for wanting to enjoy your shower... you're a child

SDC77
11-09-2008, 04:43 PM

Blah blah blah blah-f*ckin'-blah. More Paleo Diet pseudo science ****. I want peer reviewed scientific evidence that carbohydrates cause acne.

Marcus your link isn't working.

takeroids
11-09-2008, 05:30 PM
gettin rid of acne is easy i had it...dont eat anything fried dont at least two litres of water and sweat(sweating opens up the pores and takes the dirt out with it)
thats it simple no "shocking" needed

bp16
11-09-2008, 06:32 PM
Blah blah blah blah-f*ckin'-blah. More Paleo Diet pseudo science ****. I want peer reviewed scientific evidence that carbohydrates cause acne.

Marcus your link isn't working.

Did you read the full paleo link? It talks about androgens, glycemic index/load and its connection to IGF-1, omega3:omega6 ratios, all of which are significant factors. It even talks about how ridiculous the previous studies were that concluded diet and acne have no connection. The article is pretty spot on, actually. The pubmed links talk about low glycemic index foods, also. That is pretty much the most conclusive scientific evidence we have yet.
And for anecdotal evidence, a common side effect of the atkins diet is a clearing of skin.

krogtaar
11-09-2008, 06:55 PM
FYI people...everything OP said is BS. he got the results of carbs:sugar and water part right by chance...but he's making up a bunch of pseudo-scientific sounding crap that he knows nothing about. don't believe these morons

Passion4Pump
11-09-2008, 07:12 PM
FYI people...everything OP said is BS. he got the results of carbs:sugar and water part right by chance...but he's making up a bunch of pseudo-scientific sounding crap that he knows nothing about. don't believe these morons

Unfortunately, even with your arrival, sane people are still outnumbered in this thread.

bp16
11-09-2008, 08:45 PM
FYI people...everything OP said is BS. he got the results of carbs:sugar by chance...

Wrong.

Unfortunately, even with your arrival, sane people are still outnumbered in this thread.

No, disregarding a sugar/carb connection to acne is by no means sane.

otrebmu
11-09-2008, 09:01 PM

a diet with minimal sugar and adequate water are the main points

angelgarcia
11-09-2008, 09:12 PM
I have eliminated all sugar from my diet (im on keto) and I still have acne.

icery
11-09-2008, 09:20 PM
no you clowns.. it isn't sugar necessarily, eating 25g of sugar vs. 90g of oatmeal of whatever is going to have the latter being more detrimental if the carbs are what are making you break out

otrebmu
11-09-2008, 09:31 PM
you're probably aren't, but make sure you're not having any trans fats.

also, i do my own variation of HIIT once a week. just walk and then jog to warm up. sprint 1 minute and jog/walk until i get my breath back. repeat 4-6 times. this pseudo/bro-science can't hurt.

Passion4Pump
11-09-2008, 09:38 PM
Wrong.

No, disregarding a sugar/carb connection to acne is by no means sane.

I never disregarded anything. I did, however, regard the OP's fallacies as very detrimental to his credibility..."Sugar is indigestible"... What?!? How is that NOT pseudo-scientific?

bp16
11-09-2008, 09:46 PM
I never disregarded anything. I did, however, regard the OP's fallacies as very detrimental to his credibility..."Sugar is indigestible"... What?!? How is that NOT pseudo-scientific?

Oh yah, that... that's pretty much made up.

ralxz
11-09-2008, 11:32 PM
www.acne.org Daniel Kern products
keeping my downright explosive acne nonexistant...i owe my social life to it

genepool
11-09-2008, 11:39 PM
sounds like a pretty sick strategy. But it might be a bit impractical and tedious to do the shock thing. The low-sugar diet and water drinking is definately good though. Also drink 2 teaspoons of ORGANIC apple cider vinegar diluted in water twice a day. It cleans out your system and keeps your body alkaline instead of acidic.

body is ALWAYS alkaline chief. look up acid base balance. Normal pH is 7.3-7.45 roughly. Food has little to no impact on body pH.

3eb23
11-09-2008, 11:48 PM
the shocking thing works cause it closes your pores. warm water opens your pores up in the shower and thats when you clean your face. the cold water closes and makes your pores smaller, thus making acne less visible.

suave9
11-10-2008, 06:41 AM
Guys do me a favor.... forget it.

I made it CLEAR. I said i'm not sure how this works, HOWEVER, I have a hypothesis on why I THINK it works.

I never did any research behind it because I quite frankly don't care enough about it to spend that sort of time just helping some people out with absolutely no gain to myself.

To everyone that said it's stupid and it doesn't work. YES I WANT YOU TO BELIEVE THAT! You're probably the same people that thought the world was flat in past lives.

For the people that corrected me on the sugar without being a misc @sshole, ty. I should have put "i have heard that sugar is.." rather then just stating it.

Lmao at the guy that negged me for saying it's all non-sense.

I'm sick of this "bodybuilding" forum. Should be a sub-section beside it saying "complete with social retards and just straight up arrogant know-it-alls."

^ my last post on this forum ever.

Good day.