PDA

View Full Version : Crazy Question

bigtimedlifter
11-02-2008, 12:27 PM
My name is Jonathan Vick, and I have a question for people on this site that is really good with nutrition. I will start with a story. All my life I was a fat kid and I got into football in seventh grade which I hated back then and I kept playing every year eventually until I got a football scholarship in college. The nucleus of my story is after 9th grade is when I started getting really fat. But I also was introduced to powerlifting! which is a sport to me like no other I couldnt wait till football season was over with to where we could start powerlifting! Anyway I was super strong but I was also super fat. Well I realized after my 9th, 10th, and half of my 11th grade year that I was tired of being a fat ass! So I just took it upon myself to start running everyday just jogging at least 2 miles a day. My diet was 3 meals a day no matter what it was, no snacks in between, and no eating within 3 hours of bedtime. Very basic nutrition plan huh? Anyway I was at my heaviest as a teen, and I was 405 lbs and I got down to 275 lbs my senior year in high school. I also noticed my senior year that I went from a 675 lbs "raw" squat to hardly even moving 500. my bench and deadlift stayed around the same though! After finishing playing college football Im now back into powerlifting and Im am also getting fatter and Im now up to 370, so i gained 100 lbs back! I was needing to know if there is anyway possible that I can lose the weight with what I do now and keep my strength! Im still in college and I have studied this many times and no matter what I search I cant find anything to help me. Also i would like to add that my senior year my family was going through a rough stretch and we never had that much money and therefore there was nothing to do but run. But I have been living on my own and Im now married to a beautiful women named kristen and she does not like to cook, and neither do I! So we eat out alot, so if yall have any tips on how I can keep my strength and just lose about 10 inches off my waist line it will be greatly appreciated! by the way Im a big fan of food, so noone put fad diets out there! I love food, big time!

Yaxley
11-02-2008, 01:19 PM
Dont be lazy, learn how to cook. How old are you? 22 years old? Shame on you! :D Really, if you want to be strong and healthy there is nothing like learning how to cook. I cook everything I eat myself, Im 19, I work and I study, so I dont think you can tell me you dont have the time, just find it! Besides, is very easy and quick if you read lots of recipes :)

daYDreAmErX
11-02-2008, 01:26 PM
Dont be lazy, learn how to cook. How old are you? 22 years old? Shame on you! :D Really, if you want to be strong and healthy there is nothing like learning how to cook. I cook everything I eat myself, Im 19, I work and I study, so I dont think you can tell me you dont have the time, just find it! Besides, is very easy and quick if you read lots of recipes :)

And yet, you're afraid of ice cream.

FunkDaddy
11-02-2008, 01:35 PM
Focus on one goal at a time. Either losing 10 inchs off your waist, or increasing your strength. It's possible to do both at once, but just start with one goal to focus on while you learn the best way to fuel your body's performance.

Stick with a well-balanced diet. Healthy fats, whole grain carbs, good lean proteins and fruits/veggies.

Don't starve yourself. If you are hungry, EAT. But learn the difference between hunger and cravings. Cravings are mental, hunger is physical. Defeat your cravings and control when you CHOOSE to satisfy your cravings.

CodyA
11-02-2008, 01:38 PM
Long story short,moderation(Calorie deficite) is key,and cook your own meals. Eating out alot i dont agree with. there are lots of grams of sugars and trans atty acids in fast foods.And it cost too damn much.not all fast foods are created equal,but more would agree than diagree.you can't target just fat either, It chooses where it goes away for it self.Goes hand in hand with getting smaller and losing strengh.muscle mass is everything,if you were 275 with 10% body fat.Your strengh wouldn't have changed much.

bigtimedlifter
11-02-2008, 02:53 PM
I understand what alot of you are saying. I have lost the weight before! Losing weight is not the issue here! I want to know if it is possible for where Im at right now say if I lose 50 lbs. Is it possible for me to still squat 750, bench 500, and deadlift 750? I mean I know my obsession with powerlifting is pretty bad considering my health right now! But I love the sport in the same instance I have to lose weight if I want to stay alive! Im in a grave and it looks like there is no way of me getting out?

Yaxley
11-02-2008, 03:06 PM
And yet, you're afraid of ice cream.

Im not afraid of ice cream, I just dont like to eat junk foods. I eated them 18 years of my life as a staple and they got me on 120Kg of mostly fat. Excuse me for telling the guy he must eat healthy... I guess I should be telling him to eat pizza all the time. :)

FunkDaddy
11-02-2008, 03:25 PM
But I love the sport in the same instance I have to lose weight if I want to stay alive! Im in a grave and it looks like there is no way of me getting out?

You answered your own question right before asking it.

bigtimedlifter
11-02-2008, 03:29 PM
damn I guess I did!