PDA

View Full Version : eat when hungry or when i need to eat?

garbazio
11-02-2008, 11:56 AM
which is better? to eat when im hungry or manage it by spaced out meals?

creddington
11-02-2008, 11:56 AM
Depends on you goals.

xXBoStErXx
11-02-2008, 12:08 PM
I make sure to every 2-4 hours to avoid hunger, and to stay "anabolic" lol.

XX1
11-02-2008, 12:08 PM
also, depends on your appetite. If i ate when i was hungry and ate what I wanted to eat....Id weigh 400lbs with 45% BF lol

Passion4Pump
11-02-2008, 12:10 PM
both

snorkelman
11-02-2008, 12:12 PM
i think you have gotten great advice already. if bulking, then you may need to force yourself to eat on a schedule even if not hungry. if trying to lose fat, you may be helped in your quest if you schedule your meals so that you eat every so often (I do it every 3 hours, with a floating range being 2-4 hours) and I make sure to eat within that range so that i don't get famished, which can cause me to overeat later on if i had skipped a meal.

my body is used to eating certain portions every 3 hours and it has become like a clock so that I am never hungry except for about 10-15 minutes before the 3 hour time mark.

JC707
11-02-2008, 12:15 PM
I feel like you got a lot of shotty answers so I'll do my best...

Eating when you are hungry is a subjective term. A lot of times we believe we're hungry because we're bored and/or restless. We aren't truly Hungry. Find an activity and see if you're still hungry once your mind is occupied.

Other times when we believe we're hungry we're really just thirsty, perhaps on our way to dehydration. Drink water and give it 15 minutes and see where you're at.

I don't believe you should be hungry if you're eating the right meals throughout the day. Obviously your work out routine is going to dictate what you eat and when you eat but I think the above is a decent rule of thumb.

DeathByBacker
11-02-2008, 12:21 PM
Other times when we believe we're hungry we're really just thirsty, perhaps on our way to dehydration. Drink water and give it 15 minutes and see where you're at.
That's what I was going to say.

Drink water throughout the day and you won't feel the need to eat as often.

anonymous
11-02-2008, 01:39 PM
Well, if you eat when you need to your body won't be hungry.