PDA

View Full Version : when cutting (foods)

Walker88
11-02-2008, 07:04 AM
are are the main foods to eat when cutting.. like for meats, chicken, steak, fish. But what is good for carbs.. and how do you know what is good carbs..

Walker88
11-02-2008, 07:05 AM
I have a problem of geting time to cook.. so when i was on my cutting stage before i quit it all... I was just drinking shakes 95& of the time.. the other times i was eatin tuna fish...

kycat2007
11-02-2008, 05:10 PM
oatmeal not sugar kind, brown rice, sweet potatoes(baby food sweet potatoes if needed), whole wheat pasta, just to name a few

meathead666
11-02-2008, 05:11 PM
in.
i'm also interested.

kycat2007
11-02-2008, 05:14 PM
lean steak 8oz
tuna,
salmon,
chicken,
shrimp,
turkey,
eggs,
fish not fried

whey protein

baby spinach,
green beans
aspargus

stay away from sugars!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

sakatumi
11-02-2008, 05:23 PM
Some examples of healthy foods containing complex carbohydrates are:
Spinach
Whole Barley
Grapefruit
Turnip Greens
Buckwheat
Apples
Lettuce
Buckwheat bread
Prunes
Water Cress
Oat bran bread
Apricots, Dried
Zucchini
Oatmeal
Pears
Asparagus
Oat bran cereal
Plums
Artichokes
Museli
Strawberries
Okra
Wild rice
Oranges
Cabbage
Brown rice
Yams
Celery
Multi-grain bread
Carrots
Cucumbers
Pinto beans
Potatoes
Dill Pickles
Yogurt, low fat
Soybeans
Radishes
Skim milk
Lentils
Broccoli
Navy beans
Garbanzo beans
Brussels Sprouts
Cauliflower
Kidney beans
Eggplant
Soy milk
Onions
Tomatoes

Take your pick, plenty there. You can buy a lot in frozen packaged form if you don't have the time to prepare, eg. broccoli, peas, brussel sprouts are the ones I use.
I also eat mushrooms, baby spinach, carrots, chickpeas.

Walker88
11-02-2008, 06:29 PM
yogart.. I was in the store the other day looking at them... it contains alot of sugars... besides the one i bought that has 3g of carbs.. and its gross

Walker88
11-02-2008, 06:32 PM
Im trying to get back into cutting again... My problem before was I was not sure on what kind of things i can eat.. and what are good carbs.. So i ended up failing.. Im looking for a lot of help on this so i can reach my goal.. i got to 220 last time and it seemed like i couldnt loose any more and my body fat was still high.. I was wondering also if i should bulk first to build a heavy muscle mass then cut. My legs and arms fill out good.. but when i cut it leaves my stumach gross looking.

sakatumi
11-02-2008, 09:56 PM
yogart.. I was in the store the other day looking at them... it contains alot of sugars... besides the one i bought that has 3g of carbs.. and its gross

Yogurt is awesome. Get a "light" yogurt there will still be some sugars like 10g per 100 grams, but its not too bad, a 100 gram serving for me is about 97 cals. I get canned peaches and drain all the sugar syrup off and rinse with water and add that into my yogurt. It has now become one of my favourite snacks. Remember, carbs aren't bad for you don't be scared to eat them.

Im trying to get back into cutting again... My problem before was I was not sure on what kind of things i can eat.. and what are good carbs.. So i ended up failing.. Im looking for a lot of help on this so i can reach my goal.. i got to 220 last time and it seemed like i couldnt loose any more and my body fat was still high.. I was wondering also if i should bulk first to build a heavy muscle mass then cut. My legs and arms fill out good.. but when i cut it leaves my stumach gross looking.

You can use this cut as an experiment to learn about nutrition, I am on my first ever cut. Before I started I was 154 pounds at about 17-18% BF, after ~4 weeks of making a meal plan and sticking to it with a good exercise routine I am down to 141 pounds @ ~15.5%. I made the decision to cut down because I have never ever been below 17% BF and I wanted to learn more about nutrition. I now see where I went wrong when I was "bulking" - I wasn't eating enough and my macronutrients weren't great.

On the question if you want to bulk or cut its purely up to what you want to do. There are pro's and con's for both, summer is coming up here in Australia, so I decided to cut and I am happy with my results. After summer I am going to try to put lean muscle mass on whilst staying lowish BF (hopefully I can maintain 11-12% at all times).

Below is image of my meal plan, I stay pretty much within my plan, I alternate meals here and there:
http://img511.imageshack.us/img511/803/mealsdc1.th.jpg (http://img511.imageshack.us/my.php?image=mealsdc1.jpg)http://img517.imageshack.us/img517/3816/meal56np5.th.jpg (http://img517.imageshack.us/my.php?image=meal56np5.jpg)

rtmiii
11-03-2008, 03:54 AM
I have a problem of geting time to cook.. so when i was on my cutting stage before i quit it all... I was just drinking shakes 95& of the time.. the other times i was eatin tuna fish...

This sounds familiar. I cooked around 20 chicken breasts on Friday, but I ended up drinking more shakes over the weekend. Just makes it easier.

kycat2007
11-03-2008, 11:39 AM
[QUOTE=sakatumi;240379371]Yogurt is awesome. Get a "light" yogurt there will still be some sugars like 10g per 100 grams, but its not too bad, a 100 gram serving for me is about 97 cals. I get canned peaches and drain all the sugar syrup off and rinse with water and add that into my yogurt. It has now become one of my favourite snacks. Remember, carbs aren't bad for you don't be scared to eat them.

that 10 grams is almost 2 teaspoons of sugar-8oz skim milk has 12g which is 2.5 teaspoons. I try to stay away from insulin spikes. Eat a serving of lowfat cottage cheese instead that is 1/2 cup and has 4 grams of sugar with about 12g of protein. If you eat two servings which is 1 cup you gat 8grams of sugar and lots more protein than yogurt.