PDA

View Full Version : snack pre sleep

bbxhobby
11-02-2008, 01:02 AM
Dear friends
I'm building a mass diet. The percentages are 60% carbohydrates, 20% protein (about 1.2 g / Lb), 20% fat. With 2800 kcal. I have 5 meals a day (breakfast, snack, lunch, snack, dinner, snack pre sleep).
My question is: at the snack pre sleep can have carbohydrates?

Thank you all for your answers I give

PS: Sorry for my English but live in Italy

Emma-Leigh
11-02-2008, 01:15 AM
Answer: Yes.

:)

determined4000
11-02-2008, 01:20 AM
Yes. Eating carbs prebed will only cause weight gain if you are eating too many overall calories.

bbxhobby
11-02-2008, 07:18 AM
ok, thanks. I had read that eating carb the evening inhibits gh.

immax01
11-02-2008, 08:21 AM
Dear friends
I'm building a mass diet. The percentages are 60% carbohydrates, 20% protein (about 1.2 g / Lb), 20% fat. With 2800 kcal. I have 5 meals a day (breakfast, snack, lunch, snack, dinner, snack pre sleep).

Depending on how much you weight, 2800 might not be enough kcal. Give us some details. As far as carbs, as the above poster said, only if you are above your caloric daily need, will you gain fat from the carb. Also for a slow digesting protein, either buy casein protein or eat cottage cheese so that your body is digesting some protein for a longer period, otherwise you will go catabolic earlier.

bbxhobby
11-02-2008, 02:43 PM
my height is 71 inch, total weight 165.3 lb and 146 Lb lean mass.

I enclosed a photo

Passion4Pump
11-02-2008, 03:05 PM
Your English is just fine. I don't believe carbs are any worse for you pre-sleep than fat or protein.

Question to everyone reading this thread: Since having a meal with fat tends to slow gastric emptying, how beneficial would it be to have some with my casein before bed? I figure the longer I can delay full absorption the better.

bbxhobby
11-03-2008, 12:59 PM
Ok, thanks. But what you think about the fact that the evening carbohydrates inhibit the production of GH?

Lochirco
11-03-2008, 02:38 PM
Ok, thanks. But what you think about the fact that the evening carbohydrates inhibit the production of GH?

I don't believe so, at least I have never come acrossed any information supporting this. If anyone does come acrossed please post I would like to know more. Also if your starting a bulking cycle, w/o knowing your current stats, I would say your total cals are low.

Lochirco
11-03-2008, 02:43 PM
Your English is just fine. I don't believe carbs are any worse for you pre-sleep than fat or protein.

Question to everyone reading this thread: Since having a meal with fat tends to slow gastric emptying, how beneficial would it be to have some with my casein before bed? I figure the longer I can delay full absorption the better.

This works in theory, however the protien does does not "bond" with any of the fat that you could take in a liquid or even possiably solid form -that is in combination with a "protien powder", with that being said if you want to "Longer acting protien" one should consume a complex carb, in the form of a small meal before bed, take your shake after your meal and this will allow for a slow absorbtion of your protien shake.

Lochirco
11-03-2008, 02:45 PM
Dear friends

Simple ansewer - YES!!!
Although knowing your stats could determine otherwise

bbxhobby
11-04-2008, 01:37 PM
Lochirco thanks.
You said that my calories are low. I wanted to make you a question: say it because you saw my photo or because for my weight requires more calories? Thanks again

Paumen
11-04-2008, 01:42 PM
Why would you have a snack right before you have your longest period without food??? Have a meal.

Lochirco
11-04-2008, 02:48 PM
Lochirco thanks.
You said that my calories are low. I wanted to make you a question: say it because you saw my photo or because for my weight requires more calories? Thanks again

I did not look at your photo untill now, But I made that statment based on your current weight which, I was a little confused, is 163LBS. I suggest 18-20cal/per pound of body mass as a start point, only if your goal is to bulk up, adjust a according to current body stats & comp IE How long you have been working out, Cardio - how much, how long, your age, any health issues, current diet, and so on.

Your starting your first bulking cycle at 2800 cal, try it out and see how that works for you. Your going to have to try out a million different combos of what works and what dosent work for you. Remember what works for one person may not for the next.

FYI - For a proper assessment of your total calories needed for a first time bulking cycle I need a lot more info.

Good Luck and keep asking questions, thats how you learn, just rememeber always check your sources.

bbxhobby
11-05-2008, 01:09 PM
Ok. Thanks to all.
When you have time, you can look at my pictures (that I've attached) to suggestions how many pounds I have to grease?

xXBoStErXx
11-05-2008, 01:11 PM
Why would you have a snack right before you have your longest period without food??? Have a meal.

Ya because everyone loves to have 3 course meal's right before they go to bed. way to go bro.