PDA

View Full Version : What can I make with ground beef and potatoes?

Anticrombie315
11-01-2008, 06:10 PM
I am trying to decide what to have for 2nd dinner tonight. I have ground beef cooked up with some seasonings, and I have a craving for potatoes. Its either potatoes, or spaghetti, which I've eaten every day for the last month. I'm trying to switch it up. I can run to the store if need be.

SDC77
11-01-2008, 06:25 PM
Throw in some cheese and you have Sheppards Pie. Perfect.

patelucr
11-01-2008, 06:28 PM
soup.

thebasil
11-01-2008, 06:46 PM
I am trying to decide what to have for 2nd dinner tonight. I have ground beef cooked up with some seasonings, and I have a craving for potatoes. Its either potatoes, or spaghetti, which I've eaten every day for the last month. I'm trying to switch it up. I can run to the store if need be.

Go to the store. Buy some tortillas. Buy some sour cream (they have low fat kinds if you need), salsa, taco sauce, etc, and make a bombass burrito.

PROBLEM SOLVED

Ms_Doodikins
11-01-2008, 06:47 PM

exactly what i was going to say :)

CookBrah
11-01-2008, 06:58 PM
hmm, theres a whole gape load of things you can do with meat and potatos..

-you could boil the potatoes whole..drain,
-put back in the pot, off the heat to dry them.
-sprinkle salt and pepper over them and tumble and toss them around with a wooden spoon lightly breaking them up
-drizzle some olive oil over it and you have a carbed up base with some healthy fats

You could Sautee some veg in olive oil(mushroom, garlic, onion, broc****, snow peas,chilli flakes, cumin, mustard powder etc work really well together), then throw your cooked beef into the pan full of veg for a few seconds to reheat and juicen up, and toss

pour over your potatoes and you have a caveman meal :D

Nicksmommy52
11-01-2008, 07:36 PM

Mmm.. sounds good!

Anticrombie315
11-01-2008, 08:51 PM
So I think I'm going to boil a potato, cut it up, and mix it in a skillet with the ground beef and throw some pepperjack cheese on it. Mmmmm.

mygame11
11-01-2008, 09:44 PM
how about a meatloaf and potatoes (baked in with it) Sounds like a pretty good meal!

Hamburger steaks and potatoes are pretty good too....

dinger8
11-01-2008, 10:27 PM
exactly!

JDD3637
11-01-2008, 10:30 PM
Here's what I would have made.

Cut up some potatoes into cubes and put them in boiling water for 3-4 minutes.

Heat up a skillet and add a little oil.

Add potatoes to skillet, cook until they are crispy-add more oil if you need to

Add salt and pepper to the potatoes

Add beef to warm it up

Squirt some ketchup on top.

Yum

Anticrombie315
11-01-2008, 11:00 PM
Here's what I would have made.

Cut up some potatoes into cubes and put them in boiling water for 3-4 minutes.

Heat up a skillet and add a little oil.

Add potatoes to skillet, cook until they are crispy-add more oil if you need to

Add salt and pepper to the potatoes

Add beef to warm it up

Squirt some ketchup on top.

Yum

Hmmm.

I ended up boiling the potato (should have cut it up first), threw raw beef in a skillet to cook (forgot I finished the already cooked stuff), then put in the potatoes and tore up some cheese slices (not enough, the rest of it was moldy). And threw on some hot sauce. Should have used ketchup. It was a pretty good meal, aside from taking long as hell to boil the potato.

deeds
11-01-2008, 11:03 PM
baked potato!!!

http://www.bbcgoodfood.com/recipes/1254/images/1254_MEDIUM.jpg

http://bp1.blogger.com/_ovFDqtyLfEs/R2lBUHFSvVI/AAAAAAAAAy4/lntGI1JUns4/s320/Baked+Potatoes+with+Cheesy+Mince+Meat.jpg