PDA

View Full Version : Fao Nyc

gethoogin08
11-01-2008, 12:48 AM
Anyone know of or go to The Pump Energy Food? I visited this weekend, discovered this place, and absolutely loved it!. It;s fast food, the way I cook at home!

I totally just made a knock-off version of their chicken salad. Their menu says they don't use mayo (I think it was low fat plain yogurt, I'm pretty sure), but I used a little (lite mayo).

Here's the recipe I used (tastes a little better than theirs, IMO):

4 oz low fat plain yogurt
1TBL lite mayo
3 poached chicken breasts, shredded
1/2 C celery, 1/4" dice
1/4 C green onions, sliced
1/4 C craisins, rough chopped
Salt and pepper to taste

I would also consider adding slivered almonds, possibly finely diced granny smoth apples or pears. Maybe 1 tsp curry powder if you get down like that.

gethoogin08
11-01-2008, 08:17 PM
come on, nobody?

Neopragmatist
11-01-2008, 08:31 PM
I like Thai chicken salad...

http://i34.tinypic.com/14xmrr6.jpg

riotmute
11-01-2008, 09:08 PM
I havent been because I've read a lot of bad reviews online but I've totally ripped off their menu many times. If you print out their menu it's like a guide to grocery shopping and making healthy meals. So, you think it's worth a visit? Which location did you check out?

gethoogin08
11-01-2008, 09:43 PM
Worth a visit??? For the same price as a falafel, you can get a clean, healthy meal! you gotta love that place, they don't have a soda fountain, they have a crystal light fountain!

seriously though, i visited the one near 39th and sixth. it has a much more limited menu than the union square location near my friend's place (who also swears by The Pump). it's definitely worth a visit!

my only criticism (not really a criticism) is that i have to add a ton of salt to whatever i get, as they hardly use any sodium.