PDA

View Full Version : How can anyone vote for Bob Barr

Brother_Trucker
10-28-2008, 07:08 PM
Third party guy here myself (holla) but anyhow

Barr sponging off Ron Paul than ****ting all over him was classic.

Barr saying he voted for the Patriot Act so that he would have special power to make sure it wasn't abused was pretty hilarious.

Barr having fifteen different immigration policies was awesome.

Barr personally telling me he favored a national retail sales tax, then me saying I opposed it, then him saying he didn't like the fair tax, then me saying that's great, then him telling me he was going to release a big plan combining national retail sales tax and spending cuts, then him never doing that was great.

Barr playing the John Kerry "I swear I was stupid!" card regarding the Iraq War, and actually claiming he didn't really think Bush would use authorization for war, to..you know..go to war was sweet, though not as grand as him bitching about intelligence failures forcing his hand just a week after saying the intelligence was inclusive.

I could keep going.

Barr is full of ****. He's a fraud.

SDC77
10-28-2008, 07:09 PM
Barr sucks ass. I voted Libertarian in 2004 when Badnarik ran.

Duckenheimer
10-28-2008, 07:13 PM
Barr's proposed policies IMO come across as just about the soundest of all candidates. But his record and behaviour during this campaign are not promising. ;)

NorthMass
10-28-2008, 07:20 PM
Barr is an ass

djwolford
10-28-2008, 07:23 PM
I really wanted to like Barr. I tried really hard to support him.

Unfortunately, you guys are correct.

Pay_Me
10-28-2008, 07:26 PM
I'm choosing the lesser of 3 evils :(

I figure at least Libertarian with all of the publicity, even though RP himself endorsed Constitution party, could gather some of vote.

Plus I'm in NJ. Wonder where we'll be voting.

72cutlass
10-28-2008, 07:30 PM
i dont like him per se' but im voting libertarian in hopes of getting the party money next go around. Even if he did win he will still be an improvement

nutsy54
10-28-2008, 07:33 PM
Sole reason: To get a 3rd Party to the 5% mark, and open up federal election funding in the future.

NorthMass
10-28-2008, 07:42 PM
Sole reason: To get a 3rd Party to the 5% mark, and open up federal election funding in the future.

The problem with this is the Libertarian party wouldn't accept the funds, because the funds are paid by the taxpayers without their consent, which goes against the party platform.

It would help immensely with ballot access however.

Brother_Trucker
10-28-2008, 08:05 PM
I'd go Baldwin over Barr.

Paul should have ran as a libertarian.