PDA

View Full Version : Is it normal to feel fatter on a cut? -_-

LCbeast90
10-16-2008, 02:35 PM
I just started a cut for a week and after my cardio, I feel great. But during the day before hitting the gym I feel fatter... it's a very annoying feeling, feels like I'm doing something wrong. Also after my first day of cutting(HIIT) I dropped half an inch on my waist and lost a pound, ate 500 below maintenance, is this normal?

KingOfChaos
10-16-2008, 02:50 PM
I just started a cut for a week and after my cardio, I feel great. But during the day before hitting the gym I feel fatter... it's a very annoying feeling, feels like I'm doing something wrong. Also after my first day of cutting(HIIT) I dropped half an inch on my waist and lost a pound, ate 500 below maintenance, is this normal?

Yes, it is normal. The reason being that your body is burning off carbs and glycogen levels are dropping. Glycogen = water weight. Your body has no use for that excess water if it doesn't have the sugar-based fueled for it to hold.

Also, the 'feeling fatter' will happen, especially if you've been lifting. The reason being is a subconcious recognition of loss definition due to the fact that you're losing the glycogen stored in your muscles that make your body look more full and defined. It happens to all of us. In fact, there is a saying wih dieting that 'you look worse before you look better' if you're not already extremely overweight in the first place. You just have to get past that to succeed.

LCbeast90
10-16-2008, 02:58 PM
Yes, it is normal. The reason being that your body is burning off carbs and glycogen levels are dropping. Glycogen = water weight. Your body has no use for that excess water if it doesn't have the sugar-based fueled for it to hold.

Also, the 'feeling fatter' will happen, especially if you've been lifting. The reason being is a subconcious recognition of loss definition due to the fact that you're losing the glycogen stored in your muscles that make your body look more full and defined. It happens to all of us. In fact, there is a saying wih dieting that 'you look worse before you look better' if you're not already extremely overweight in the first place. You just have to get past that to succeed.

wow, thanks and repped