PDA

View Full Version : FBI investigating ACORN's connection to widespread cases of voter fraud

ElMariachi
10-16-2008, 11:16 AM
Its about damn time.

The FBI is investigating whether the community activist group ACORN helped foster voter registration fraud around the nation before the presidential election.

A senior law enforcement official confirmed the investigation to The Associated Press on Thursday. A second senior law enforcement official says the FBI was looking at results of recent raids on ACORN offices in several states for any evidence of a coordinated national scam.

Both officials spoke on condition of anonymity because regulatons forbid discussing ongoing investigations particularly so close to an election.

ACORN . . . says it has registered 1.3 million young people, minorities and poor and working-class voters?most of whom tend to be Democrats.

saaltydog
10-16-2008, 11:17 AM
Why exactly did Obama give them $800,000? I don't think he has fully explained this.

Polish_Sausage
10-16-2008, 11:17 AM
Amerrricaaa

F VCK YAH ! !

B.O.L.A.
10-16-2008, 11:20 AM
There's a difference between voter fraud and voter registration fraud.

Voter fraud: fraudulently voting
Voter registration fraud: fraudulently registering

The victim of voter fraud is the democratic process. The victim of registration fraud is no one, except in ACORN's case because they pay for registrations. So they themselves are the victim of their employees.

B.O.L.A.
10-16-2008, 11:24 AM
Why exactly did Obama give them $800,000? I don't think he has fully explained this.

To register lower class people and minorities, who happen to be democrat-leaning voters. So the registration fraud issue means that his money has been wasted by ACORN employees registering Mickey Mouse registrants. If anything, the fraudulent registrations by ACORN employees are beneficial to the GOP because it wastes ACORN's money.

grup910
10-16-2008, 11:28 AM
They should probably investigate the actual cases of voter fraud by the republican party in Florida and Ohio in 2000 and 2004, respectively, before wasting time and money on a few kids trying to cheat the REGISTRATION system for a few extra dollars.

Besides, this has nothing whatsoever to do with the Obama campaign. mccain spoke at an Acorn rally himself, so he must be as implicated with Acorn as anyone else, if you want to play that weak game. :rolleyes:

Devian
10-16-2008, 11:29 AM
Just in time for more Mariachi reaching and hoping things will turn ugly for Obama!

ACORN hasn't SUPPORTED this registration fraud. They hired people who were PAID TO REGISTER PEOPLE and those people, brought on by the pressure of meeting quotas, just started making things up to keep their job. There weren't going to be massive VOTING fraud, even if those registrations passed, nobody would actually go to the polls to vote as a dead guy or coffee shop.

I do the same thing in my retail job. We are under enourmus pressure to sell X amount of discount cards, and sometimes, I just make them up if I haven't met my quota by the end of the week. I don't actually USE those discount cards, I just want to keep my job. This ACORN thing is exactly that.

saaltydog
10-16-2008, 11:30 AM
To register lower class people and minorities, who happen to be democrat-leaning voters. So the registration fraud issue means that his money has been wasted by ACORN employees registering Mickey Mouse registrants. If anything, the fraudulent registrations by ACORN employees are beneficial to the GOP because it wastes ACORN's money.

It goes beyond making up fake names. One guy was registered to vote 73 times. Not only that but is a Non Profit Organization that isn't allowed to endorse a candidate. They have endorsed Obama and there is video of workers of Acorn admitting they are registering people to vote FOR Obama and not to just register. ACORN is a shady organization and it's just another association of Obama's that proves he pals around with corrupt/shady people.

iVapPVz0VG8

ElMariachi
10-16-2008, 11:36 AM
It goes beyond making up fake names. One guy was registered to vote 73 times. Not only that but is a Non Profit Organization that isn't allowed to endorse a candidate. They have endorsed Obama and there is video of workers of Acorn admitting they are registering people to vote FOR Obama and not to just register. ACORN is a shady organization and it's just another association of Obama's that proves he pals around with corrupt/shady people.

iVapPVz0VG8

They need to go and frog-walk some of these ACORN folks who have allowed this fraud to be perpetrated, again and again, year after year.

saaltydog
10-16-2008, 11:41 AM
They need to go and frog-walk some of these ACORN folks who have allowed this fraud to be perpetrated, again and again, year after year.

Supposidely it is widely known that they have done this is the past. Nowhere near this level though. It's just another association that Obama plays dumb about.

Devian
10-16-2008, 11:43 AM
Supposidely it is widely known that they have done this is the past. Nowhere near this level though. It's just another association that Obama plays dumb about.

Because Obama is the one doing this fraud RIGHT? :rolleyes:

Keep reaching, but Obama has broken no laws, been involved in no unethical scandals and has never done anything that should disqualify him to be POTUS.

McCain/Palin however....that's a completely other story. Those two are filled with unethical scandals throughout their careers.

ElMariachi
10-16-2008, 11:45 AM

Keep reaching, but Obama has broken no laws, been involved in no unethical scandals and has never done anything that should disqualify him to be POTUS.

McCain/Palin however....that's a completely other story. Those two are filled with unethical scandals throughout their careers.

You mad that Obama donated $800,000 to a group that is attempting to perpetrate the most widespread case of national voter fraud in US history????

saaltydog
10-16-2008, 11:45 AM

Since Obama wasn't doing the fraud himself and he paid another organization to do it for him it's all good? Yeah ok buddy.

Devian
10-16-2008, 11:49 AM
You mad that Obama donated $800,000 to a group that is attempting to perpetrate the most widespread case of national voter fraud in US history????

You mad McCain was the benefit of many financial and personal things during the Keating scandal? You mad McCain crashed mulitple aircraft during his pilot days but was never stripped of his wings because of his father and grandfather? You mad McCain was rejected from a Naval school because of his bad merits but was later "re-evaluated" by his father's close friend and the initial decision was overturned? You mad McCain saved himself when a chain reaction of bombs went off on his ship and over 100 sailors died, and while everyone was running TOWARDS the chaos to help, McCain was running AWAY.

You mad Palin used her pull as governor to have a man fired simply because he wouldn't fire her brother-in-law? You mad Palin's husband was a member of a group who wanted to seperate the state of Alaska from the Union?

YOU MAD MCCAIN IS LOSING THIS ELECTION!?!?!?!?

caj
10-16-2008, 11:49 AM
Someone at work was saying that the FBI was also investigating credit card charges that are appearing on statements as Obama donations to his campaign that the owner of the card never knew about or approved.

Don't know if it's true or not, but Obama needs to look into some of the people and organizations that are running his campaign. This is getting crazy.

Devian
10-16-2008, 11:50 AM
Since Obama wasn't doing the fraud himself and he paid another organization to do it for him it's all good? Yeah ok buddy.

Yeah, because Obama donated money and said "Hey, make sure you comit registration fraud?

Ok. You guys really need to quit grasping at straws. I know McCain's loss in this election is eating you up inside, but you just have to get over it, and pick a better candidate in 2012.

saaltydog
10-16-2008, 11:51 AM
You mad McCain was the benefit of many financial and personal things during the Keating scandal? You mad McCain crashed mulitple aircraft during his pilot days but was never stripped of his wings because of his father and grandfather? You mad McCain was rejected from a Naval school because of his bad merits but was later "re-evaluated" by his father's close friend and the initial decision was overturned? You mad McCain saved himself when a chain reaction of bombs went off on his ship and over 100 sailors died, and while everyone was running TOWARDS the chaos to help, McCain was running AWAY.

You mad Palin used her pull as governor to have a man fired simply because he wouldn't fire her brother-in-law? You mad Palin's husband was a member of a group who wanted to seperate the state of Alaska from the Union?

YOU MAD MCCAIN IS LOSING THIS ELECTION!?!?!?!?

I guess when you are losing an argument you just change the subject. If you have a problem with any of those things you mentioned make a seperate thread.

saaltydog
10-16-2008, 11:54 AM
Yeah, because Obama donated money and said "Hey, make sure you comit registration fraud?

Ok. You guys really need to quit grasping at straws. I know McCain's loss in this election is eating you up inside, but you just have to get over it, and pick a better candidate in 2012.

It was widely known that ACORN has done this in the past. Obama was a lawyer for ACORN and has worked with ACORN in the past. Are you telling me everyone else who knows about ACORN knows they do this but Obama who has worked for them doesn't know? I guess thats his excuse for all his associations I didn't know it was going on. Wow what a great President he will make. He can't even distinguish between who is a bad and who is good.

TheStender
10-16-2008, 11:54 AM

I don't know about anyone elese, but I know my being upset over "McCain's loss" is the reason why I don't agree with fraud.

saaltydog
10-16-2008, 11:55 AM
I don't know about anyone elese, but I know my being upset over "McCain's loss" is the reason why I don't agree with fraud.

Actually according to Obama no one cares about fraud. Why don't you actually talk about issues that matter (ie Economy). Anything else is off limits.

ElMariachi
10-16-2008, 11:55 AM
I guess when you are losing an argument you just change the subject. If you have a problem with any of those things you mentioned make a seperate thread.

Absolutely, Obama supported massive voter fraud and he can't handle it. It is priceless.

TheStender
10-16-2008, 11:59 AM
Actually according to Obama no one cares about fraud. Why don't you actually talk about issues that matter (ie Economy). Anything else is off limits.

Eh, I'm going to go be upset over murders now, but only because of "McCain's loss." If he was ahead in the polls, I wouldn't care.

B.O.L.A.
10-16-2008, 12:03 PM
Keep grasping.

http://www.barsupply.com/images/drinking-straws.jpg