PDA

View Full Version : 4400 Calories per day.. this is getting ridiculous

Drift66
10-12-2008, 07:28 PM
Hey guys,

I've began working out again since successfully bulking 20lbs last year. I'm in my first few weeks of a new bulking routine and have been carefully monitering my diet.

I've been consuming a study 4400 Calories per day, and I've in fact LOST 3lbs since beginning this diet. Is this a case of me just needing to bump up my caloric intake even further? or is there another variable I should consider?

I'm 24 years old and now weigh in @ 173.5 lbs, I follow a 3-day split similar to Rippetoes program (a lot of compount movements) etc... Futhermore, I eat a good balance of protein/carbs/fat and vegi's 8 times a day, after close observation I realize I was only getting 2.5L of water per day, this week I've bumped it up to 3.5 L. Perhaps this will help?

Thanks for your help guys ;)

FormulaSP
10-12-2008, 07:30 PM
Cardio?

Drift66
10-12-2008, 07:33 PM
Nope no Cardio, I do a ton of walking around all day @ college/work, but thats about it.

Simmo0508
10-12-2008, 07:36 PM
Answered your own question.

A lot of people who struggle with gaining weight tend to have active or physically demanding jobs, or walk around all day like you mentioned. Constantly burning calories etc.

Up your food even more, and lessen your activity outside of the gym would be the best thing you could do at this stage. Give that a go for a while and see how ya travel.

Drift66
10-12-2008, 07:43 PM
Answered your own question.

A lot of people who struggle with gaining weight tend to have active or physically demanding jobs, or walk around all day like you mentioned. Constantly burning calories etc.

Up your food even more, and lessen your activity outside of the gym would be the best thing you could do at this stage. Give that a go for a while and see how ya travel.

Yea that must be it, since this is my first year in College which tends to have me walking quite a bit.

More calories it is! Thanks for your help

Simmo0508
10-12-2008, 08:02 PM
I was exactly the same man. I even quit one of my old stock control jobs back when i was a late teen lol I wanted to focus on my weight gain at the time, so i got a cushy office job. I was like working in -25degree conditions, in one of those freezer rooms. So ****.

Helped massively when i cut all the walking out of my days. You might be lucky and not have to increase your calories either. Just test it all out first.

FormulaSP
10-12-2008, 08:03 PM
There we go. :)

Xhale12
10-12-2008, 08:04 PM
Im not counting cals anymore but I would guess Im taking in around 5k and I still have trouble gaining.

Every person is different. If you aren't seeing gains, eat more. Try more calorie dense food.