PDA

View Full Version : Enough bulking now how do I trim the fat?

southernstyle
10-05-2008, 07:00 PM
Hey fellas,

I have been bulking for about 1 year now and would like to trim that fat off to see whats really there. I am afraid of loosing any muscle so I really need some expert advise. I currently get around 3,500 clarories A day weighing in at 210 and 5'9". If I dropped to 2000 and did cardio will that do it, or will that put my muscle mass at risk?

Thanks in advance,
-SouthernStyle-

Iron_Sweetie
10-05-2008, 07:09 PM
Hey fellas,

I have been bulking for about 1 year now and would like to trim that fat off to see whats really there. I am afraid of loosing any muscle so I really need some expert advise. I currently get around 3,500 clarories A day weighing in at 210 and 5'9". If I dropped to 2000 and did cardio will that do it, or will that put my muscle mass at risk?

Thanks in advance,
-SouthernStyle-

Find out your maintenance calories are and then reduce the number by a few hundred calories to start. keep your protein high.

I hear steady state cardio is best if you don't want to lose muscle mass. BCCA's during the workout will help preserve muscle too.

edit: not an expert by any means, but thats what Im doing and it seems to be working.

southernstyle
10-05-2008, 07:45 PM
Thanks for the reply I.S., I really have not payed much attention to fat gain because I know from years of working out my muscles grow when I eat and it was inevitable for me to gain A little fat. The taget area will be the abdomin as I can see myself looking somewhat like an off season ronnie coleman as my belly is pooched out but hard. I need to trim the fat to see the striations.

I work every muscle group until failure but have not set foot on A treadmill in A year or better. My ultimate goal is 245 and 10%B.F. I dont know where to go to get A B.F. test done but that seems to be the next logical step.

It just seems like something nutrition wise it out of place because I have busted my butt in the gym for years now and gained alot of muscle, but that one area (the belly) still has A layer of fat on it. It's like the muscles are making by belly poke out but I cant see the individual muscles...

I'm gonna keep my protein up there, cut down on the calories/fat and start doing cardio, If anyone has any suddgestion, PLEASE let me know!

God Bless
-SouthernStyle-