PDA

View Full Version : How do you make a good bowl of Grits?

DTrulez616
10-05-2008, 02:55 PM
I just bought Quick Grits to just try and I dont really like them plain. What are some good ways to prepare them to make them delicious?

RandallH19891
10-05-2008, 03:04 PM
Cheese. And when you eat them, try repeating phrases like "Yeah, buddy!" and "Light Weight!"

DTrulez616
10-05-2008, 03:06 PM
Cheese. And when you eat them, try repeating phrases like "Yeah, buddy!" and "Light Weight!"

Lol, that the reason why I wanted to try them because Ronnie eats them with Breakfast every morning.

RandallH19891
10-05-2008, 03:13 PM
Yeah, after I saw "Relentless" I replaced my oatmeal with grits for a couple of weeks just for ****s and giggles.

southernstyle
10-05-2008, 06:39 PM
I just bought Quick Grits to just try and I dont really like them plain. What are some good ways to prepare them to make them delicious?

DT,
Try 2 packs with 2 cups of water, nuke for 4 minutes. Now thats the kind that comes in the box of like 10 packages. If your using the caned stuff the formula is 1 part grits to 2 parts water. Remeber that grits (like pasta) will soak flavor up when cooking, so try A pinch of salt and 1 tablespoon of butter added to the bowl b4 nuking. when done they should be just like orzo or cous-cous. Ronnie uses A artificial butter, mrs. dash I believe. I'm so dang tickled to see A yankee tryin grits I tell you what! My son lives in tonawanda (upstate) and I hate for him to miss out on his southern heratage.

You could ask my bro ronnie himself if you'd like, he's A damn nice guy really down to earth. bigron_coleman@yahoo.com. He got me to stop drinking and turned my life around!

God Bless
-SouthernStyle-

hooked4life
10-05-2008, 06:50 PM
now that, ladies and gentleman, is a reply. I'm going get some grits next time I'm at the store.

Khronos
10-05-2008, 07:01 PM
Butter and Sugar.

Aindreas
10-05-2008, 08:04 PM
Make them with milk, melt a stupid amount of sharp cheddar in, sprinkle on some black pepper.

Plain grits are meh, but just a little bit of something and they're freaking delicious. I made some polenta out of yellow corn grits (MUCH better and cheaper than quick grits imo), and ate them as a side with some lamb and gravy for lunch today. They're one of those really bland foods you can do anything with.