PDA

View Full Version : bloated and gassy

ezrollin
10-04-2008, 04:17 PM
My nution is not the best, I take metamucil fiber but yet I still feel bloated and pass gas all the time (doesnt stink). When I'm all bloated and gassy I feel like I might need to poop but I cant or if I do its like the size of a quarter. Should I try some stool softener(overkill?) or get rid of something in my diet?

in10city
10-04-2008, 04:23 PM
My nution is not the best, I take metamucil fiber but yet I still feel bloated and pass gas all the time (doesnt stink). When I'm all bloated and gassy I feel like I might need to poop but I cant or if I do its like the size of a quarter. Should I try some stool softener(overkill?) or get rid of something in my diet?
Without knowing your diet, how can changes be suggested ? ;)

Maybe you're consuming too much fiber (define it?) coupled with inadequate hydration?

ezrollin
10-04-2008, 04:52 PM
I am honored for you being the one to answer my post.
I knew you would say that (about my diet).
I get enough water.

I get extremely bloated with starchy foods like chinese rice ( so does everyone? )

Mr.Runner
10-04-2008, 04:55 PM
Too much fiber probably isn't the problem. I've noticed that fiber supplements can cause problems in some people, though.

Are you eating a lot of dairy?

liv2bfit
10-04-2008, 04:55 PM
I get enough water.

I get extremely bloated with starchy foods like chinese rice ( so does everyone? )

you still didnt list anything in your diet so help can not be given

in10city
10-04-2008, 05:10 PM
I get enough water.

lol... I didn't want to inadvertantly suggest that you eliminate the sardines and anchovies that you are eating :D

You could go through a process of elimination and start there. Maybe Beano (or something similar) might help you.

Bedwards
10-04-2008, 06:29 PM
I've found since I added probiotics in the morning and enzymes with every meal, my bloating has reduced SIGNIFICANTLY. I'm amazed.

ezrollin
10-04-2008, 06:46 PM
I've taken off brand beanos.. I'll take like 5 pills and dont tell a difference. Maybe I'm just stubborn? lol

My diet is typical crap diet (its totally random everyday).

burger, brown rice, lots of oats, Cytogainer shake (300 cals) I also add low grade creatine and metamucil, chicken, tacos, brocolli, lettuce, milk, OJ

Its totally random thats why I dont list it

chuckisnutz
10-04-2008, 09:09 PM
I definitely also have noticed a benefit from probiotics (GUT HEALTH) and enzymes (AMINOGEN).

Less farts, less bloating, ****ting more regularly and solidly (but not unpleasantly so). Apparently you get more bang for your buck for your protein out of it though, you can digest and absorb more.

saabraffi
10-05-2008, 12:39 AM
I've found since I added probiotics in the morning and enzymes with every meal, my bloating has reduced SIGNIFICANTLY. I'm amazed.

i did the same and It has really made difference for me. I also added papaya/pineaple extract as well

Sixpack
10-05-2008, 02:35 AM
Gut Health FTW