PDA

View Full Version : Morning Workout Nutrition

Ms_Doodikins
10-02-2008, 06:36 PM
I wake up at 5am to go workout for about an hour (lifting heavy for 4x8-10) and that early i really dont want a full meal...is a scoop/2 of xtend enough or should i had a protein shake too?

Thanks!

Holyspokes
10-02-2008, 06:38 PM
I'd try to get some carbohydrates in your system, whatever your stomach handles the best.

I workout in the morning as well and find fruit works well for me.

Ms_Doodikins
10-02-2008, 06:40 PM
I'd try to get some carbohydrates in your system, whatever your stomach handles the best.

I workout in the morning as well and find fruit works well for me.

just fruit or a carb/protein meal?

repped

Holyspokes
10-02-2008, 06:55 PM
just fruit or a carb/protein meal?

repped

If you're literally getting up getting ready and then going to the gym I wouldn't include protein, but it's really up to what your stomach can handle. Play around with different things. Try something for 2 days straight then try something else and gauge how you feel during your workouts. One thing doesn't work for everyone.

I don't personally believe that timing is SUPER important, at least as much as most people on here obsess over. As long as you get a good post-workout meal in you'll be good imo.

nrgpump
10-02-2008, 06:59 PM
Banana + protein shake + cup of coffee works for me. Or sometimes i mix blended oats into my shake.
Just make sure you arent too full, or youll feel bloated and tired during your workout