PDA

View Full Version : If the Cubs lose first round......

qbanboy14
10-01-2008, 07:02 PM
http://d.yimg.com/a/p/sp/getty/1c/fullj.5cd0a461b7d7dc9d119a67c9df59e741/5cd0a461b7d7dc9d119a67c9df59e741-getty-83027943cc068_los_angeles_d.jpg

what you think will happen in Illinois?

discuss...

USAviator
10-01-2008, 07:03 PM
Mass Suicide

Ejjw18
Illinois will see who the better Chicago team is...

ChicagoCubz
Marlins fan.

Nuff said.

capitaboarder
I dunno, tell me in a week.

beer n brats
Daaa Bullsss. Daaa Bearsss.

Negatron617
10-01-2008, 07:04 PM
they are truly cursed and/or just chockers plain and simp

qbanboy14
10-01-2008, 07:06 PM
if that happens im def believing in the curse of the goat.

bbacn123
10-01-2008, 07:19 PM
I dont know but the rest of the country will be laughing their ass off

Ejjw18
10-01-2008, 07:19 PM
I dont know but the rest of the country will be laughing their ass off

hahaha

NYY
10-01-2008, 07:29 PM
what you think will happen in Illinois?

discuss...

They all become White Sox fans if they get into the ALCS??????

Ejjw18
10-01-2008, 07:31 PM

Haha **** no. Maybe a few people who are just "chicago baseball" fans, but no. If the Sox lose, i'm not going to suddenly be rooting for the Cubs.

Ejjw18

Haha **** no. Maybe a few people who are just "chicago baseball" fans, but no. If the Sox lose, i'm not going to suddenly be rooting for the Cubs.

Ejjw18

OrdoAbchao
10-01-2008, 07:33 PM
All of the emo pussies will cry and whine about how they are cursed. Then there will be the "there is always next year" bull**** floating around. This is a normal cycle in chicago. More people will become cubs fans for the pity of the team and hoping to be a part of something "special" even though there is nothing special about a franchise not winning a title in over 100 years. I will say this though. I don't think they will go down in the first round. Zambrano and Harden are pitching the next 2...momentum can switch real quick in this series.

johnny87
10-01-2008, 07:44 PM
All of the emo pussies will cry and whine about how they are cursed. Then there will be the "there is always next year" bull**** floating around. This is a normal cycle in chicago. More people will become cubs fans for the pity of the team and hoping to be a part of something "special" even though there is nothing special about a franchise not winning a title in over 100 years. I will say this though. I don't think they will go down in the first round. Zambrano and Harden are pitching the next 2...momentum can switch real quick in this series.

yeah but the dodgers next 2 starters are pretty good themselves.

capitaboarder
10-01-2008, 07:51 PM

Triple post ftl.

Chicago is the greatest baseball city in the country in 2008....2 teams in the playoffs from the same city? Crazy...

Superfecta
10-01-2008, 07:52 PM

Very close. That's what happened in 2005. The White Sox fan base probably increased x 100. All of a sudden former Cub fans become "Chicago" fans.

capitaboarder
10-01-2008, 07:53 PM

Zambrano + Harden > Any 2 pitcher the Dodgers can start.

johnny87
10-01-2008, 07:53 PM
Triple post ftl.

Chicago is the greatest baseball city in the country in 2008....2 teams in the playoffs from the same city? Crazy...

Los Angeles Angeles(lol) and LA dodgers.

Billingsley and Kuroda are legit.

capitaboarder
10-01-2008, 07:55 PM
Los Angeles Angeles(lol) and LA dodgers.

True story...but I still don't count the Anaheim Angels as an LA team ;)

I think that whole thing was bull****.

bbacn123
10-01-2008, 07:55 PM

exactly. Billingsley is probably the Dodgers best pitcher this year. And Zambrano's previous couple starts havent exactly gone according to plan. If I was a Cubs fan Id probably be pushing the panic button right about now, could be a quick 0-2 hole if Zambrano continues to implode. He needs to get off to a good start, because we all know what happens to him when things dont go his way

ChicagoCubz
10-01-2008, 08:01 PM
exactly. Billingsley is probably the Dodgers best pitcher this year. And Zambrano's previous couple starts havent exactly gone according to plan. If I was a Cubs fan Id probably be pushing the panic button right about now, could be a quick 0-2 hole if Zambrano continues to implode. He needs to get off to a good start, because we all know what happens to him when things dont go his way

Remember what happened last time he came off long rest?

No hitter.

bbacn123
10-01-2008, 08:02 PM

Dont knock Billingsley because you dont know who he is

Remember what happened last time he came off long rest?

No hitter.

This is true. Hey im not counting you guys out so dont take it the wrong way man. But I think even you can agree if he starts off shaky he's gonna be out on the mound talking to himself, something I dont think any Cubs fan wants to start seeing

weakguy
10-01-2008, 08:16 PM
hahaha so you're one of those sox fans who care more if the cubs lose rather than the sox winning. noice

NCK MIZ
10-01-2008, 08:18 PM
Let's go Dodgers!! I want to be able to hold the fact the Cubs have not won in 100 years and counting over there heads forever!

Cardinals in 2009!

NCK MIZ
10-01-2008, 08:22 PM

close...they all become fans of "Chicago"... I knew so many Cub fans that were sporting Sox gear right after the Sox won the series...that would be like me sporting Cubs gear if they won the series because they are an NL Central team.

ChicagoCubz
10-01-2008, 08:27 PM
**** the White Sox.

That is all.

weakguy
10-01-2008, 08:34 PM
close...they all become fans of "Chicago"... I knew so many Cub fans that were sporting Sox gear right after the Sox won the series...that would be like me sporting Cubs gear if they won the series because they are an NL Central team.not trying to rag on the sox, but if "so many" cub fans became sox fans why can't you guys sell out a game?

Ejjw18
10-01-2008, 08:37 PM
not trying to rag on the sox, but if "so many" cub fans became sox fans why can't you guys sell out a game?

The game last night was sold out...

weakguy
10-01-2008, 08:45 PM
The game last night was sold out... lol if you didn't sell out a 1 game playoff you might as well burn your franchise down.

OrdoAbchao
10-01-2008, 09:07 PM
We don't have as many fans as the Cubs do, but there is loyal fans and for big games they will sell out.

I have one more problem with the cubs. For example tonight the fans at Wrigley were absolutely terrible. Barely any energy in the place. Even the announcer mentioned something. This was not the normal fan base because for regular season games the fans are rowdy and make noise. The yuppie rich *******s come out for the playoffs because they have the money to buy tickets and your atmosphere now sucks. At least the sox fans are into the game for the most part, but I am nervous for the same thing happening at comiskey. I wish I could go, but I'm not paying $200 for upper deck tickets when I paid $35 for 7th row center field bleachers on saturday.

jcilla26
10-01-2008, 09:12 PM
We don't have as many fans as the Cubs do, but there is loyal fans and for big games they will sell out.

I have one more problem with the cubs. For example tonight the fans at Wrigley were absolutely terrible. Barely any energy in the place. Even the announcer mentioned something. This was not the normal fan base because for regular season games the fans are rowdy and make noise. The yuppie rich *******s come out for the playoffs because they have the money to buy tickets and your atmosphere now sucks. At least the sox fans are into the game for the most part, but I am nervous for the same thing happening at comiskey. I wish I could go, but I'm not paying $200 for upper deck tickets when I paid $35 for 7th row center field bleachers on saturday.

I know right. It seemed like they were watching a chess match. Either way, I'm not going to argue with this Sox/ Cubs crap. LET'S GO SOX!

weakguy
10-01-2008, 09:20 PM
lol did you guys watch the game?

what were they supposed to cheer about? derek lee's DP? dempsters 7 walks? grand slam against them? 3 HRs total against them. be real we had nothing to cheer about.

i do agree that it's not really the same crowd since most rich casual fans are probably filling the place up.

OrdoAbchao
10-01-2008, 09:20 PM
I know right. It seemed like they were watching a chess match. Either way, I'm not going to argue with this Sox/ Cubs crap. LET'S GO SOX!

I'm not really arguing just bringing up a legit point. On pretty much any regular season game the Cubs fans are a lot more intense than sox fans as it is, but tonight was just pathetic.

ChicagoCubz
10-01-2008, 09:39 PM
Half of them were probably only there because the Cubs were in the playoffs anyway.

Propulsion
10-01-2008, 10:12 PM
"I'm just being Manny," Manny said.

ChicagoCubz
10-01-2008, 10:12 PM
"I'm just being Manny," Manny said.

Manny needs to stfu.

It looked to me like Manny was trying to be Tiger Woods. Manny is an *******.

adamci1
10-01-2008, 10:19 PM
Half of them were probably only there because the Cubs were in the playoffs anyway.
I hate bandwagoners...

papi93
10-02-2008, 07:31 AM
I would assume they would turn their attention to Chicago Bears football.

ASWEDE
10-02-2008, 07:42 AM
I'm not really arguing just bringing up a legit point. On pretty much any regular season game the Cubs fans are a lot more intense than sox fans as it is, but tonight was just pathetic.

I agree. The fans didn't show much life. It was pathetic for a playoff game.

OrdoAbchao
10-02-2008, 07:42 AM
what were they supposed to cheer about?

Wow, look at every other stadium. Fans waving towels, standing up and cheering. Pathetic excuse not to cheer because you are losing. Just face it. You have the weakest crowd by far out of the playoof games so far last night.

ASWEDE
10-02-2008, 07:43 AM
I would assume they would turn their attention to Chicago Bears football.

It is a Bears town first.

papi93
10-02-2008, 07:49 AM
It is a Bears town first.

Dan Hampton is fu*king awesome on his after game analysis. No homer BS nonsense. If they royally sucked, he tells it like it is.

weakguy
10-02-2008, 08:02 AM
Wow, look at every other stadium. Fans waving towels, standing up and cheering. Pathetic excuse not to cheer because you are losing. Just face it. You have the weakest crowd by far out of the playoof games so far last night. you're an idiot. when there was something to cheer about in the first 4 or so innings they were on their feet cheering. after the grand slam, we repeated shot ourselves in the foot, what are they supposed to cheer about? YYEAYYYEA WERE DOWN 4-2, YEYEAA WERE DOWN 6-2 WOOOO WERE DOWN 7-2!!! GO CUBS WOOOO.

adamci1
10-02-2008, 08:12 AM
you're an idiot. when there was something to cheer about in the first 4 or so innings they were on their feet cheering. after the grand slam, we repeated shot ourselves in the foot, what are they supposed to cheer about? YYEAYYYEA WERE DOWN 4-2, YEYEAA WERE DOWN 6-2 WOOOO WERE DOWN 7-2!!! GO CUBS WOOOO.
agreed with this. Plus it was frickin cold at Wrigley so that prolly didn't help either

ASWEDE
10-02-2008, 08:20 AM
you're an idiot. when there was something to cheer about in the first 4 or so innings they were on their feet cheering. after the grand slam, we repeated shot ourselves in the foot, what are they supposed to cheer about? YYEAYYYEA WERE DOWN 4-2, YEYEAA WERE DOWN 6-2 WOOOO WERE DOWN 7-2!!! GO CUBS WOOOO.

agreed with this. Plus it was frickin cold at Wrigley so that prolly didn't help either

Normally I'd agree with you guys but they were quiet even early on when the game was close, at least for Wrigley standards. Cold, wet, windy or behind get up and yell at somebody today. Wish I could be there. I do find it funny a Sox fan criticism of fan behavior. Any of you guys score tickets?

Slu
10-02-2008, 08:45 AM

What makes you think Zambrano will be good considering his last outing ended pretty poorly

ChicagoCubz
10-02-2008, 08:46 AM
What makes you think Zambrano will be good considering his last outing ended pretty poorly

Last time he came off long rest he pitched a no hitter. He'll be fine tonight.

Do you ever have anything positive to say?

ASWEDE
10-02-2008, 08:55 AM
Last time he came off long rest he pitched a no hitter. He'll be fine tonight.

Do you ever have anything positive to say?

Slu is taking out his frustrations on the Cub fans today.

GPx
10-02-2008, 08:57 AM
The game last night was sold out...

lol the only game that you guys filled out all year were the games against the Cubs and the "playoff" game a couple nights ago.

Slu
10-02-2008, 09:08 AM
I jsut didnt agree with the last post...im tired of cubs fans(not all BB.com ppl) braggin about their All star lineup and going out and getting beat in game 1 by a Dodger team

ChicagoCubz
10-02-2008, 09:09 AM
I jsut didnt agree with the last post...im tired of cubs fans(not all BB.com ppl) braggin about their All star lineup and going out and getting beat in game 1 by a Dodger team

:rolleyes:

broboma2012
10-02-2008, 09:18 AM
lol the only game that you guys filled out all year were the games against the Cubs and the "playoff" game a couple nights ago.

Wrong

OrdoAbchao
10-02-2008, 10:46 AM

Ok, I'm an idiot even though I'm not the only one talking about it. I heard it all over sports radio today. Santo even mentioned something about it. The fact is...the fans were not into it even when you were ahead 2-0. Quit being a whining bitch when you go down 4-2. Cubs have PLENTY of come back wins this year and enough power in the line-up to easily overcome. The first thing my gf (huge cubs fan knows more about them then most guys)mentioned to me that the fans sucked bad.

wrong...ive been to like 3 sellouts this year and none of them were against the cubs or a "playoff" game

ChicagoCubz
10-02-2008, 10:51 AM
Ok, I'm an idiot even though I'm not the only one talking about it. I heard it all over sports radio today. Santo even mentioned something about it. The fact is...the fans were not into it even when you were ahead 2-0. Quit being a whining bitch when you go down 4-2. Cubs have PLENTY of come back wins this year and enough power in the line-up to easily overcome. The first thing my gf (huge cubs fan knows more about them then most guys)mentioned to me that the fans sucked bad.

Agree with both. They didn't have much to cheer about, but when they did they didn't get very loud.

Chalk it up to a mixture of bandwagoners, old rich people, and the fact that we've seen this so many times we're expecting the worst.

TheDude824
10-02-2008, 01:09 PM
They are playing a good team. I wouldnt say losing to the Dodgers is part of a "curse".

They are used to losing. I dont want to know what would happen if they actually did something for once. The earth might implode.

qbanboy14
10-02-2008, 07:15 PM
lol wut

qbanboy14
10-04-2008, 10:12 PM
here for the meltdown

NYY
10-04-2008, 10:13 PM
Cubs Fail

http://i.ehow.com/images/ehows/steps/consciouschokingadultstep1_L.jpg

R-bean
10-04-2008, 10:18 PM
The cubs meltdown is proof the bailout is not working! Paulsen wanted for treason!