PDA

View Full Version : Muck Fiami!

MFarrar74
09-30-2008, 07:11 AM
Noles are gonna roll this week, first win over the canes in Dolphins stadium.. should be fun. FSU>UM.

papi93
09-30-2008, 07:12 AM
Is this Bobby Bowden's final year?

MFarrar74
09-30-2008, 07:13 AM
i think he will hold on until Joe Pa is gone, he really wants the most wins, even if he would never admit it.

papi93
09-30-2008, 07:15 AM
Penn State has great team this year so I would expect Bowden to return then.

MFarrar74
09-30-2008, 07:17 AM
Penn State has great team this year so I would expect Bowden to return then.

yeah, its a rough senario, i dont think penn state will lose more than 1 or 2 this year. I hope we are that good, but i doubt we will be.. id say 2 more years for bobby.

johnny87
09-30-2008, 07:23 AM
i dunno Ponder is ****ing horrible. How many years does FSU have elite defenses, great WR, and elite RB's all just to be pissed away by some of the worst QB play in college football before they will finally make a change?

MFarrar74
09-30-2008, 07:27 AM
i dunno Ponder is ****ing horrible. How many years does FSU have elite defenses, great WR, and elite RB's all just to be pissed away by some of the worst QB play in college football before they will finally make a change?

well, we did make a change.. personaly i might have started weatherford this year, hes a senior with a lot of wins under his belt.. i guess they see something good in ponder. i dont know, ive blamed coaching for a long time but with jimbo as the QB coach i expected player devolpment to come along a lot faster.

johnny87
09-30-2008, 07:31 AM
well, we did make a change.. personaly i might have started weatherford this year, hes a senior with a lot of wins under his belt.. i guess they see something good in ponder. i dont know, ive blamed coaching for a long time but with jimbo as the QB coach i expected player devolpment to come along a lot faster.

i would just play richardson. he is fast, atleast he could make a couple big scrambles.

MFarrar74
09-30-2008, 07:44 AM
i would just play richardson. he is fast, atleast he could make a couple big scrambles.

he might be the better option, he seems to throw about the same as ponder. they both make stupid mistakes, at least richardson can break a 50 yard run at any moment.

Cramerica
09-30-2008, 08:00 AM

Ponder is pretty fast too...for a white guy.

Our O-line gave him zero time against Wake, so hopefully they'll help out the QB and Smith against Miami.

I think Jimbo was looking for a big play maker instead of going with a safe pick in Weatherford. Drew only threw 3 INT's all of last year but he never makes big plays and can't scramble for ****. Plus, Jimbo may be looking to mold Ponder early. It's unusual to see FSU not start a senior QB, though.

Richardson and Manuel should be pretty big options to go with if Ponder doesn't work out. But I'm sick and tired of seeing FSU trade out two or three QB's every game because one can't do much. We've been doing that ever since Rix left...not that Rix was any good.

RWHJR3
09-30-2008, 10:35 AM
Miami > Noles

Cramerica
09-30-2008, 11:47 AM
Miami > Noles

I don't know about that...I really don't.

Both teams are kind of up and down and still rebuilding to get back to glory. I though Miami was getting back to the old days faster than FSU, and they still may be, after seeing them play UF.

Now I kind of question UF's abilities, though I think they will improve after their loss to Ole Miss. Miami's performance last week wasn't as complimentary, though FSU's offensive performance against Wake (and then Wake losing to Navy) was worse.

Either way, it should be a heated rivalry game as always.

JamesGatz83
09-30-2008, 12:41 PM
I don't know about that...I really don't.

Both teams are kind of up and down and still rebuilding to get back to glory. I though Miami was getting back to the old days faster than FSU, and they still may be, after seeing them play UF.

Now I kind of question UF's abilities, though I think they will improve after their loss to Ole Miss. Miami's performance last week wasn't as complimentary, though FSU's offensive performance against Wake (and then Wake losing to Navy) was worse.

Either way, it should be a heated rivalry game as always.

1. UF trounced Miami.
2. Miami was 5-7 last season. Why does everyone think they're further along in their return to prominence than FSU?

Horns3
09-30-2008, 12:42 PM
bowden and paterno don't really coach at all.....they're just there lol...watching over there players....much like a supervisor...not like a head coach..

Cramerica
09-30-2008, 12:52 PM
1. UF trounced Miami.
2. Miami was 5-7 last season. Why does everyone think they're further along in their return to prominence than FSU?

1. UM kept the game within around 3 points for a huge part of the game. They started to lose it in the 4th quarter. Obviously the 4th quarter matters just as much, but Miami kept it very close the majority of the game. Considering UF was supposed to walk all over Miami, most would say Miami did a pretty damn good job. A lot of people I talked to here in Florida were pretty impressed with Miami considering how young they are. Shannon is getting some great recruits as well.

2. FSU is loaded with talent and the defense is as consistent as always. Recruiting is still strong. But the program is still in turmoil and resembles a mess. If the program can improve and less players can stay out of trouble (unlikely) FSU will improve dramatically. Though they still have a chance at the ACC this year. I'll have to see how they fair against UM as well as a couple of other ACC teams.

johnny87
09-30-2008, 04:59 PM
Ponder is pretty fast too...for a white guy.

Our O-line gave him zero time against Wake, so hopefully they'll help out the QB and Smith against Miami.

I think Jimbo was looking for a big play maker instead of going with a safe pick in Weatherford. Drew only threw 3 INT's all of last year but he never makes big plays and can't scramble for ****. Plus, Jimbo may be looking to mold Ponder early. It's unusual to see FSU not start a senior QB, though.

Richardson and Manuel should be pretty big options to go with if Ponder doesn't work out. But I'm sick and tired of seeing FSU trade out two or three QB's every game because one can't do much. We've been doing that ever since Rix left...not that Rix was any good.

I was at the wake game and Ponder looked pretty garbage throwign the ball even when he had time.

I think FSU just need to hope the other teams cant stop the run if they want to win.

gogators222
09-30-2008, 05:09 PM
They both suck, but this year I think Miami sucks less.

I think Miami's D will shut down FSU.

Calhexas
09-30-2008, 06:24 PM
Is this Bobby Bowden's final year?

He quit coaching a long time ago. Now all he does is stand there and collect a ridiculous paycheck.

I've been to all games this season...and while I realize I may eat my words...I don't see FSU "beating the crap" out of UM.

suave9
09-30-2008, 09:26 PM
They both suck, but this year I think Miami sucks less.

I think Miami's D will shut down FSU.

florida isn't much better.

that is if they even are haha.

gogators222
09-30-2008, 09:40 PM
florida isn't much better.

that is if they even are haha.

UF has beat FSU 4 years in a row buddy, and not to mention the score was 45-12 last year...

mesayseo
09-30-2008, 10:32 PM
UF's season is done they arent gonna beat Alabama in the SEC championship.

FSU needs to force Bowden into retirement and clean house on the coaching staff.

Miami is only 2 years away from being very competitive. Think about all the talent they pull in from miami. Dade county has some of the most athletic players at the HS level. Miami does look to be on the rise and i think shannon is a good coach.

in this game i see miami beating FSU by a 10 pts or so. it will be a bad game to watch with lots of mistakes, penalties, and turnovers.

however if Anton Smith can really run like he did this past weekend they have a good shot at proving me wrong.

Rockwilder
09-30-2008, 10:37 PM
Bobby don't coach no more, he doesn't even wear the headset. Seriously FSU needs to develop a QB. Antoine played good against CU but CU has a slow defense, he usually goes down on first contact. PP hasn't really done anything this year neither has Carr. I like the defense tho, especially Bradham. I heard that knuckle head Marcus Ball is trying to transfer to the scUM... Spence is a beast tho, and Marve is playing decent.

Rockwilder
09-30-2008, 10:39 PM
FSU needs to force Bowden into retirement and clean house on the coaching staff.

They just did this.

mesayseo
09-30-2008, 10:41 PM
lol i know but they brought in people who used to coach there right? (educate me if im wrong)

Rockwilder
09-30-2008, 10:51 PM
lol i know but they brought in people who used to coach there right? (educate me if im wrong)

Yah they brought in Trickett as the O-line coach from WVU
Andrews who was the HC for NCState
and Jimbo
It was suppose to be an all star cast so to speak. But the offense still sucks, but atleast its better than having Jeff Bowden and his jump ball to Greg Carr offense.

johnny87
09-30-2008, 10:57 PM
Yah they brought in Trickett as the O-line coach from WVU
Andrews who was the HC for NCState
and Jimbo
It was suppose to be an all star cast so to speak. But the offense still sucks, but atleast its better than having Jeff Bowden and his jump ball to Greg Carr offense.

not really. I think Jimbo is way overhyped. not impressed at all.

Rockwilder
09-30-2008, 11:00 PM

I said it was SUPPOSED to be the all star cast and the Offense is better than the Jeff Bowden offense.. Whats not really?

johnny87
09-30-2008, 11:02 PM
I said it was SUPPOSED to be the all star cast and the Offense is better than the Jeff Bowden offense.. Whats not really?

how is the offense any better than under bowden?

They are still scoring like 3 points in big games. Doesnt seem like much of an improvement.

Rockwilder
09-30-2008, 11:07 PM
how is the offense any better than under bowden?

They are still scoring like 3 points in big games. Doesnt seem like much of an improvement.

Cuz every play under Bowden was a jump ball to Greg Carr? They played Jeff Bowden like against Wake but Wake's D is damn good, against CU I would say they moved the ball decently. Actually the game against Bama last year was pretty good too. I personally don't remember one good game under Jeff Bowden but I didnt have Channelsurfing.com back then.

Calhexas
09-30-2008, 11:09 PM

Well after this season's performances I'd have to agree. They've beat two glorified high schools and a second tier Div 1 program.

Hardly impressive.

johnny87
09-30-2008, 11:13 PM
Cuz every play under Bowden was a jump ball to Greg Carr? They played Jeff Bowden like against Wake but Wake's D is damn good, against CU I would say they moved the ball decently. Actually the game against Bama last year was pretty good too. I personally don't remember one good game under Jeff Bowden but I didnt have Channelsurfing.com back then.

the jump balls would work occasionally and lead to some actual moving down the field via a pass. Now, These passes to no one dont do jack ****. Even in the CU game, the passing game was atrocious.

Rockwilder
09-30-2008, 11:18 PM
the jump balls would work occasionally and lead to some actual moving down the field via a pass. Now, These passes to no one dont do jack ****. Even in the CU game, the passing game was atrocious.

No I will never admit that Jeff Bowden did anything good. Anywho In my post i did say that the O sucked and Im not hyping Jimbo's up im just stating that its better than having Jeff Bowden.