PDA

View Full Version : Universal Shock therapy and Smash, What's the difference?

jerkamania
09-28-2008, 11:07 PM
Alright, for all those who know this 2 supplements, I really need your help. After all I've read, I can't seem to find a huge difference between Shock Therapy and Smash from Universal supps. They are both pre-workout, energy boosters, and they both contain nitric acid. Some even suggest taking both of the supps, which I don't see any reasons or meaning doing so. That's all I need to ask, Thanks guys!

P.S : Don't mean to be rude but please answer only if u are certain. Thanks

longsnapper50
09-28-2008, 11:32 PM
please post up both profiles. i would but i do not know who smash is made by

GymRatz
09-28-2008, 11:37 PM
smash is by axis labs.its a new stuff but definately better then no-explode.i dont know about formula wise but it really works.shock therapy is good but doesnt last for long..im on 3 tubs of axis labs smash already.you'll get hooked!

longsnapper50
09-28-2008, 11:40 PM
smash

495 Grams Atomic Punch
Serving Size1Scoop(16.5g)
Servings Per Container30
Amount Per Serving % DV*
Calories 24
Calories From Fat 0
Total Carbohydrates 6g 2%
Sugar 0g 0%
Strength Infusion (Proprietary Blend) 3g †
Creatine Ethyl Ester
Tricreatine Malate
Pump-Endurance Infusion (Proprietary Blend) 4g †
Di-Arginine Malate
Arginine Alpha-Ketoglutarate
L-Citrulline Malate
L-Norvaline
Energy Infusion (Proprietary Blend) 1.2g †
Glucuronolactone
Caffeine
Tyrosine

shock therapy
Calories 36
Total Carbohydrates 9g 3%*
Dietary Fiber 2g 8%*
Sugars 0g **
Vitamin C(as Ascorbic Acid) 200mg 333%
Niacin(as Niacinamide) 10mg 50%
Vitamin B6(as Pyridoxine HCL) 8mg 400%
Vitamin B12(as Cyanocobalamin) 100mcg 1,667%
Selenium(as Sodium Selenate) 70mcg 100%
Sodium(as Sodium Bicarbonate And Trisodium Phosphate) 117mg 5%*
Potassium(as Potassium Phosphate) 59mg 2%
Shock Therapy™ Proprietary Formula 20g
NO Super Pump Complex
Arginine AKG **
Citrulline Malate **
Carnosine **
Muscle Volumizing Complex
Tricreatine Matrix (TCM) (Creatine Gluconate, Creatine Orotate, Creatine AKG) **
Betaine Anhydrous **
Beta Alanine **
Nicotinamide Adenine Dinucleotide **
Energy & Nootropic Complex
L-Taurine **
Choline Bitartrate **
S-Methylxanthine Complex™ (Caffeine, Theobromine, Theophylline) **
L-Tyrosine **
Yerba Mate **
Evodiamine (Standardized Evodia Rutaecarpa Extract) **
Vinpocetine **
Antioxidant Complex
Green Tea Extract (Standardized For 60% EGCG) **
R-ALA (R-Alpha Lipoic Acid) **
NAC (N-Acetyl Cysteine) **
Grapeseed Extract (Standardized For 95% Polyphenols) **
Electrolyte & PH Delivery Complex
Glucose Polymers **
Inulin **
Sodium Bicarbonate **
Potassium Phosphate **
Magnesium Phosphate **
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet
** Daily Value (DV) not established

well smash is 3g creatine.

4g pump cmplex

and stims.

shock therapy is

vitamins

pump complex

volumising complex

energy and Nootropic complex

antioxidant and electrolyte complex.

both are prob blends and you really cant tell how much of each ingredient you are getting with both products, especially shock therapy. with shock you are getting more ingredients but with a 20g blend for all those ingredients it is hard to tell if they are dosed effectively. you can guess the dosing allott better with smash. so a comparison is hard to do. i say try out one and then the other and make your decision from there. just try out the cheaper on first. and if you really like it stick with it.

shock has allot of great ingredients that smash does not have, but if not dosed effectively they will not do much. from a quick look shock defiantly outshines smash when comparing ingredients. but upon inspection i say they will probably yield similar results. because getting proper dosing of all those ingredients in shock at a 20g dose might not be a reality. tho smash could also have this problem also. this is on of the reasons i really dont take anything with a huge prob blend. because they are allmose always under dosed and you dont know how much you are getting.

but i still say just pick one and try it out. then try the other if you want. because you can analyze profiles all day but what real counts in the end is how well it works for you in the gym.

GymRatz
09-28-2008, 11:53 PM
so its best to just give it a try and compare both

jerkamania
09-29-2008, 12:52 AM
Thanks a lot guys for the help! So I am guessing they're are both more or less the same in enchanting performance right? I will just try 1 and then the other and see how it goes! Thanks again!

P.S: Oh yea GymRatz, do u happen to work at the curve(the mall) ?

longsnapper50
09-29-2008, 12:56 AM
Thanks a lot guys for the help! So I am guessing they're are both more or less the same in enchanting performance right? I will just try 1 and then the other and see how it goes! Thanks again!

P.S: Oh yea GymRatz, do u happen to work at the curve(the mall) ?

depends. i really have a hard time comparing because of the prop blends. but what it will come down to is how well each works for you. shock could work better for you and to someone else smash would yield better results. that is why i said you can analyze profiles all day but what it comes down to is how well it works for YOU in the gym.

so i say pick on and run with it. then if you want try the other or the many others out there.

B-McD
09-29-2008, 12:57 AM
I just finished a tub of SMASH and wasn't impressed at all. The fruit punch tastes like cough syrup and the energy was mediocre at best.

longsnapper50
09-29-2008, 01:02 AM
Energy Infusion (Proprietary Blend) 1.2g †
Glucuronolactone
Caffeine
Tyrosine

this right here throws me off, most will not see the desired stim effects with this dosing.

i say give shock a ry first. if you dont like it look into maybe expand, white flood, superpump, bulk aakg and caffein ext.

or just my opinion skip out on the pre wo stuff and stick with the basics. i never saw a great increase in muscle mass or strength when taking products like these. but some do and swear by them so that just goes to show you everyones different.