PDA

View Full Version : Help on timing/dosage of stack (BCAA, CM, BA, Glutamine, etc) --- Reps for advice

Kyle.Lgk
09-28-2008, 07:41 PM
I've decided to buy some raw ingredients and I'd like some advice as I'm knew to this method...

My questions regard:

timing - when to take what
dosage - how much
anything else - maybe arginine?

This is what I'm thinking...

Preworkout
BCAAs
Glutamine
Citrulline Malate
Beta Alanine

Intraworkout
1 Scoop PW
1 Scoop Xtend

Postworkout
1.5 Scoops of ON Whey (enough Glutamine & BCAA's?)
1/2 Cup of Ground Oats
1 TB Dextrose (~10g)

AtomAnt70
09-28-2008, 07:48 PM
Timing - take the pre-workout mix about 30 minutes prior to training. Nice looking blend you have.
For the intraworkout, I would just go with the PW and skip Xtend. You'll be getting all you need from that. You could use the Xtend in the pre-workout though for BCAA. Take your PWO within 30 minutes of finishing and I wouldn't add or delete anything from it.

If you use the PW, you won't need much beta-alanine or citrulline malate in your pre-drink, up to one gram. The only thing I would consider adding to the stack is creatine both pre and post workout.

Kyle.Lgk
09-28-2008, 08:20 PM
Repped!

What about adding some of the powders to the post workout shake?... all I have is whey, oats and dex.

Assuming I didn't take any PW or Xtend... how much BA & CM should I take?

Is Arginine worth adding into the Pre?

I already do take Green Mag pre + Creatine Mono Post, I just didn't mention it

Timing - take the pre-workout mix about 30 minutes prior to training. Nice looking blend you have.
For the intraworkout, I would just go with the PW and skip Xtend. You'll be getting all you need from that. You could use the Xtend in the pre-workout though for BCAA. Take your PWO within 30 minutes of finishing and I wouldn't add or delete anything from it.

If you use the PW, you won't need much beta-alanine or citrulline malate in your pre-drink, up to one gram. The only thing I would consider adding to the stack is creatine both pre and post workout.

cbad7676
09-28-2008, 08:28 PM
I've decided to buy some raw ingredients and I'd like some advice as I'm knew to this method...

My questions regard:

timing - when to take what
dosage - how much
anything else - maybe arginine?

This is what I'm thinking...

Preworkout
BCAAs
Glutamine
Citrulline Malate
Beta Alanine

Intraworkout
1 Scoop PW
1 Scoop Xtend

Postworkout
1.5 Scoops of ON Whey (enough Glutamine & BCAA's?)
1/2 Cup of Ground Oats
1 TB Dextrose (~10g)

for PRE i would use a serving of xtend since it has everything in your suggested preworkout except for beta alanine.
INTRA do 2 scoops wraath
POST do what your already doing. its fine. i always add a scoop (5g) of glutamine to my shake. because well... glutamine is the ****

AtomAnt70
09-28-2008, 09:06 PM
Repped!

What about adding some of the powders to the post workout shake?... all I have is whey, oats and dex.

Assuming I didn't take any PW or Xtend... how much BA & CM should I take?

Is Arginine worth adding into the Pre?

I already do take Green Mag pre + Creatine Mono Post, I just didn't mention it
Without any Xtend or PW, I would use about 3-3.5g beta-alanine and 1-1.5g citrulline malate. I've had good experience with arginine before (Gakic) and I had a noticeable gain in strength with it so I suggest trying it and see how much difference it makes.

Kyle.Lgk
09-29-2008, 10:30 AM
Thanks! Reps to both of you...

Anyone else?

blackcatt
09-29-2008, 11:47 AM
Pre: 1 scoop white flood, 1 scoop green mag, 1 scoop PW, 3 grams CM
During: 2-3 scoops PW, or Intrabolic with extra 2-3 grams CM
Post: yours looks fine, maybe add some bulk leucine or bcaa power, about 5-10 grams.

in10city
09-29-2008, 12:24 PM
BA: 4-6 grams per day in divided doses of 2-3 grams. Timing isn't as important as consistent, continual use. Pre- and/or post- exercise are typical times but it doesn't mean you cannot take it at other times.

CM: 3-12 grams per day in divided doses of 3-6 grams, taken pre- exercise and one or more other times (like post-exercise, upon waking, before bed, etc...)

Glutamine: 5-10 grams per dose, typically used surrounding training (before & after), upon waking and before bed depending on the exact reason(s) for use.

Kyle.Lgk
09-30-2008, 09:33 PM
Regarding the BCAA's... I've been reading some posts that claim they cause anxiety, irritability, fatigue, etc... People even went as far as to ONLY take whey PWO because of this...

anyone else have an opinion on this?

I'm thinking of scratchin the BCAA's and limiting Whey to 1 scoop PWO

AtomAnt70
09-30-2008, 09:54 PM
I've never had any problem like that and I've seen far more people have a positive response to BCAA than negative. You'll only know how you react to them after you try it, so go ahead and I would be surprised if you had any problems.

Heatlh_Guru
09-30-2008, 10:25 PM
BA: 4-6 grams per day in divided doses of 2-3 grams. Timing isn't as important as consistent, continual use. Pre- and/or post- exercise are typical times but it doesn't mean you cannot take it at other times.

CM: 3-12 grams per day in divided doses of 3-6 grams, taken pre- exercise and one or more other times (like post-exercise, upon waking, before bed, etc...)

Glutamine: 5-10 grams per dose, typically used surrounding training (before & after), upon waking and before bed depending on the exact reason(s) for use.

Would it be just as effective if not more advantageous to take all of the BA, CM, and G intraworkout, or is in divided doses key?

1formula
09-30-2008, 10:36 PM
Ive been taking a tea spoon of BCAA powder with my PWO shake.. so is it better to take it 30mins before with protein ?

Kyle.Lgk
09-30-2008, 10:54 PM
Hows this look...

Preworkout - 3g BA + 3g CM + 5g Glut + 5g Creatine (Green Mag)

Intraworkout - 2 Scoops of Xtend + 5g of additional BCAAs + 10g Dextrose

Postworkout - 1.5 scoops of whey + 50g WMS + 5g Glut + 5g Creatine Mono

*I'll take another 3g of BA & 3g of CM upon waking

*I'm not gonna bother with the Purple Wraath since I already have CM & BA

ponshoe
09-30-2008, 11:18 PM
Hows this look...

Preworkout - 3g BA + 3g CM + 5g Glut + 5g Creatine (Green Mag)

Intraworkout - 2 Scoops of Xtend + 5g of additional BCAAs + 10g Dextrose

Postworkout - 1.5 scoops of whey + 50g WMS + 5g Glut + 5g Creatine Mono

*I'll take another 3g of BA & 3g of CM upon waking

*I'm not gonna bother with the Purple Wraath since I already have CM & BA

That looks pretty well set IMO. Anyway, no need to take 10g creatine, just stick to the 5g of GreenMAG PREworkout.

billfinkbiner
10-01-2008, 12:07 AM
Regarding the BCAA's... I've been reading some posts that claim they cause anxiety, irritability, fatigue, etc... People even went as far as to ONLY take whey PWO because of this...

I have never experienced any of these sides from using Xtend. After my workouts I feel relaxed, euphoric, and if it's after leg day, damn horny.

Loomy
10-01-2008, 01:34 AM
free bcaa is absorbed almost instantly. whey takes time to digest.

if you want the bcaa to enter the blood stream at the same time as the whey protein (which you do), then you need to take the bcaa 30-60 minutes after drinking the whey.

Kyle.Lgk
10-01-2008, 04:37 PM
woah, 3g of BA is too much at once... It felt like I just popped 3 niacin! Does this sensation generally fade after so many uses, or should I just spread out my doses?

in10city
10-01-2008, 04:44 PM
woah, 3g of BA is too much at once... It felt like I just popped 3 niacin! Does this sensation generally fade after so many uses, or should I just spread out my doses?
It usually diminishes, but for the lucky ones it doesn't. You can try taking it with some carbs or just take a little less and take it more frequently.

Kyle.Lgk
10-01-2008, 05:11 PM
K, so I got...

6g BA - 2g upon waking / 2g Pre-workout / 2g Intra-workout
9g CM - 3g upon waking / 3g pre-workout / 3g Intra-workout
14g BCAA - 2.5g pre-workout / 9g Intra-workout (Xtend) / 2.5g Post-workout
20g Glutamine - 5g Pre-workout / 5g Intra-workout / 5g Post-workout / 5g Before bed
5g Creatine - Preworkout from GM / Alternate Days with PWO from C-Mono

Also...

10g of Dextrose in my intraworkout shake
35g of Glycomaize (WMS) in my PWO Shake
50g of Whey (2 Scoops) in my PWO Shake

Sorry to keep posting new formulas, I'm new to this and wanna be optimal about it...

reps for feedback :)

cbad7676
10-01-2008, 07:03 PM
K, so I got...

6g BA - 2g upon waking / 2g Pre-workout / 2g Intra-workout
9g CM - 3g upon waking / 3g pre-workout / 3g Intra-workout
14g BCAA - 2.5g pre-workout / 9g Intra-workout (Xtend) / 2.5g Post-workout
20g Glutamine - 5g Pre-workout / 5g Intra-workout / 5g Post-workout / 5g Before bed
5g Creatine - Preworkout from GM / Alternate Days with PWO from C-Mono

Also...

10g of Dextrose in my intraworkout shake
35g of Glycomaize (WMS) in my PWO Shake
50g of Whey (2 Scoops) in my PWO Shake

Sorry to keep posting new formulas, I'm new to this and wanna be optimal about it...

reps for feedback :)

looks pretty solid. you probably wont need the BCAA's post workout. and i would do 5G of dextrose instead of 10 because your getting another 35G of quick carbs from the glycomaize so a total of 40G carbs (35 from WMS 5 from Dextrose) and 50G whey. what kind of whey are u using? are you using isolates, concentrates, peptides, etc?

li0n
10-01-2008, 10:57 PM

I use my ON WHEY all the time in my food.

Typically 2 scoops before work out. 1/2 scoops after. And then 2 in my cereal pb cc dish.

That's 30g BCAA, 24g glutamine.

10lb bags for the win.

Kyle.Lgk
10-02-2008, 07:56 AM
looks pretty solid. you probably wont need the BCAA's post workout. and i would do 5G of dextrose instead of 10 because your getting another 35G of quick carbs from the glycomaize so a total of 40G carbs (35 from WMS 5 from Dextrose) and 50G whey. what kind of whey are u using? are you using isolates, concentrates, peptides, etc?

I use ON Whey (and I actually usually only do 1.5 scoops) which reads: Protein Blend (Whey Protein Isolate, Whey Protein Concentrate, Whey Peptides)

It also has 5.5g of BCAA in it, but I was lead to believe you don't get the same benefit from the BCAA's as when you take them alone

So I could just do 1 scoop pre and 1 scoop intra with the 2 scoops of xtend.

I figured my shake ought to have 50g Carbs in it, but having the dex intra workout will help keep my endurance + increase the effectiveness of all the sups in the drink. Is my logic flawed? I'm bulking so too many carbs is hardly a concern.

AllGenetix
10-02-2008, 09:04 AM
IMO, you could supplement with Core ABC which has the Beta-Alanine, Citrulline Malate, and BCAA's in it! I would take one scoop preWO and sip on one scoop during your workout. This will provide sufficient Beta-Alanine and CM dosages as well as plenty of BCAA's. Your PWO looks fine with the oats and ON Whey. It would just seem simple and effective to combine all of the BA, CM, BCAA's and Glutamine into one product (Core ABC!). Check it out, see if the ingredient profile is what you're looking for and give it a shot!

Kyle.Lgk
10-02-2008, 12:48 PM
IMO, you could supplement with Core ABC which has the Beta-Alanine, Citrulline Malate, and BCAA's in it! I would take one scoop preWO and sip on one scoop during your workout. This will provide sufficient Beta-Alanine and CM dosages as well as plenty of BCAA's. Your PWO looks fine with the oats and ON Whey. It would just seem simple and effective to combine all of the BA, CM, BCAA's and Glutamine into one product (Core ABC!). Check it out, see if the ingredient profile is what you're looking for and give it a shot!

lol thanks salesman!

You know, at first I thought ABC was expensive, but now that I look at the facts:

Core ABC ($50) Contains:

BCAA = 500g ($20 in raw form)
Glut = 125g ($5 in raw form)
BA = 125g ($10 in raw form)
CM = 125g ($10 in raw form)

Total = $45 worth of product!

So really, for an extra $5 I get the convenience of not having to constantly mix it all together plus the flavoring!

I'm really regretting my last purchases... oh well, once I run out I'll switch to your product!

BTW, I don't put oats in my shake, I switched to WMS ;)

AllGenetix
10-02-2008, 01:32 PM
lol thanks salesman!

You know, at first I thought ABC was expensive, but now that I look at the facts:

Core ABC ($50) Contains:

BCAA = 500g ($20 in raw form)
Glut = 125g ($5 in raw form)
BA = 125g ($10 in raw form)
CM = 125g ($10 in raw form)

Total = $45 worth of product!

So really, for an extra $5 I get the convenience of not having to constantly mix it all together plus the flavoring!

I'm really regretting my last purchases... oh well, once I run out I'll switch to your product!

BTW, I don't put oats in my shake, I switched to WMS ;)

ya when you break it down like that its pretty clear that ABC wins out. the flavoring is easily $5 worth not to mention the convenience of a pre-made mixture.