PDA

View Full Version : Effects of Lexapro and Clonazepam on muscle growth?

Esquire1982
09-27-2008, 09:17 PM
My doc suggested Lexapro and Clonazepam for me (low doses). I've used the search feature and read previous forums, understand the side effects and other users' experiences, but the one thing nobody talks about is how these drugs hurt your muscles. So my question is will taking either of these drugs impede my muscle growth or break down muscle? Is there any thing else I should know about these drugs and their affects on my muscles and bones?
Thanks!!

gethoogin08
09-27-2008, 09:22 PM
not that i have any medical knowledge, but i would bet the deep sleep you get from clonazepam would be beneficial to gh levels, and recovery all around.

Esquire1982
09-27-2008, 10:05 PM
not that i have any medical knowledge, but i would bet the deep sleep you get from clonazepam would be beneficial to gh levels, and recovery all around.

interesting point, didn't think about that.

anyone else have any more to add?

gethoogin08
09-27-2008, 10:44 PM
one more thing... NOTHING has **** on clonazepam in terms of turning your mouth into a human garbage disposal. not black hole, not pot... give me one cloni, i will DESTROY whatever you put in front of me. makes everything taste good, too!!! what a great bulking aid!

RippedAnimal
09-27-2008, 10:50 PM
I am on clonazepam and welbutrin and i have taken many different supplements and never had any bad reaction or setback from mixing them. i also checked with my dr before i had used any major ones besides the basics, so i suggest you do that to be safe

TheChumpion
09-27-2008, 10:55 PM
I've never been on Clonazepam before so I don't know about it...
But I know that Lexapro will help increase your serotonin levels. Basically you'll start sleeping better and be less aggressive/depressed

So it's a good thing. As far as muscle growth goes I don't think that they will affect you. Eat, lift, sleep. =D

Colin O'Malley
09-27-2008, 11:29 PM
No worries on either but I'd be very wary of using clonazepam anymore than sporadically (and low dosage at that).

Regular dosing is proven to cause short and long term memory loss,check Pubmed.com for studies on this.

Esquire1982
09-28-2008, 11:11 AM
good stuff. i like that, eat-sleep-work-workout. get back to basics, you know. maybe it will be a good thing then.
thanks everyone for advice. all were repped. (reps on recharge to niceguyeddie)

syddo
02-05-2015, 10:12 AM

Hi.. I just want to point out that clonazepam does not give you the REM sleep stage. You skip the deep sleep stage when you are using clonazepam.

drewmigliazzo
02-05-2015, 11:01 AM
Hi.. I just want to point out that clonazepam does not give you the REM sleep stage. You skip the deep sleep stage when you are using clonazepam.

Id like to point out this is 7 years old.

Brawndo89
02-05-2015, 12:11 PM
Id like to point out this is 7 years old.

Strong first post huh?

bowskie69
02-05-2015, 12:35 PM
I have been on clonazepam for several years now. I've done extensive research and these are the positive bb'ing-related aspects for using this benzo:

-it's chloro-nitro bonded thus increasing NO and acts well as a vaso-dialator
-prevents prolactin production in men
-promotes deep REM sleep thus increasing GH levels
-reduces anxiety which in-turn diminishes cortisol levels;anxiolytic properties also account for precise focus
-acts as a muscle relaxer helping recovery to speed up and feel less uncomfortable....

I'm sure I left something out, I'll update this post as I remember.

Giant_Killer
02-05-2015, 12:38 PM
http://i1226.photobucket.com/albums/ee415/NathielSurefire/ThreadNecromancer.jpg