PDA

View Full Version : How can anyone enjoy college football?

B_Nelley35
09-27-2008, 06:56 AM
I LOVE the NFL, but I find no interest in college football because of the stupid BCS. It's a travesty. USC lost, and because of this their Title bowl chances are extremely low. Teams have bad games, it doesn't mean they are worse than others. How can you have have a computer system tell you that one team is better than another. Just look at the Giants last superbowl. If the NFL had a BCS they would have been ranked like 8th best. What a joke college football is.

/Rant.

DoubtErased
09-27-2008, 07:06 AM
I LOVE the NFL, but I find no interest in college football because of the stupid BCS. It's a travesty. USC lost, and because of this their Title bowl chances are extremely low. Teams have bad games, it doesn't mean they are worse than others. How can you have have a computer system tell you that one team is better than another. Just look at the Giants last superbowl. If the NFL had a BCS they would have been ranked like 8th best. What a joke college football is.

/Rant.

The BSC is crap but not for the reason you stated above. Everybody has a bad game yes but thats what makes college football so exciting, its basically like watching the NFL playoffs week by week basically if your team loses their title hopes are lost(usually). Plus it shows that teams have to be excellent week in and week out and not show any weaknesses. In the NFL you can barely squeak into the playoffs and just have 4 great games and win the superbowl(Giants).

Ben6485
09-27-2008, 07:10 AM
I love college football....way better than NFL
Even though I love NFL

FSUDawgFan
09-27-2008, 07:35 AM
I like the NFL, but love college football. I think theres more excitement in the stadiums and the fans have more passion.

I do think the BCS is problematic, but doesn't ruin it for me.

Tommy2010
09-27-2008, 08:30 AM
Because of the EXTREME level of offenses in the Big 12, a team like Texas or Oklahoma could each have three losses this season..but could be the best TEAMS.

Chase Daniel at Missouri and Graham Harrell at Texas Tech could lead their teams to undefeated seasons (One of them anyways), but still be on the OUTSIDE looking in!

Take an undefeated BYU team that raped UCLA, or an undefeated UCONN team that bounced back against Louisville, you have have a cluster-**** at the top.

Between Florida, Georgia, LSU, Alabama...one of those SEC teams will likely finish unbeaten.

If there are more than TWO undefeated teams, the system is broken.

papi93
09-27-2008, 08:33 AM
College football overtimes are > then the NFL's. I'm still an NFL fan first but they need to change their current overtime system. A coin flip shouldn't determine who wins the majority of the time.

why so ez?
09-27-2008, 09:50 AM
that is actually the one great thing about the bcs system in my opinion. i think every little game should have a HUGE impact. you need to play all out for every game. you slip up once you deserve to drop down a lot. games and upsets would be a hundred times less entertaining if top teams were allowed to lose a few and still make it to a playoff system.

SoCool
09-27-2008, 10:20 AM
Are you serious!? College players on average are 20x more passionate than NFL guys. CFB does need at least +1 game but, every game is a playoff. Also, unless you have direct TV or satellite, you see 3-5 games on Sunday. On Saturdays I can see like 10 games! NCAA FTW!

bmy-
09-27-2008, 10:29 AM
Unlike the NFL.. in college every game matters. None of that sitting your starters bull**** so they're ready for playoffs.

-Popeye-
09-27-2008, 10:29 AM
im the opposite... I cant stand the NFL. Mostly a bunch of spoiled, overpayed, players... it seems like they always are injured or finding some reasons not to play or play at 100%

jack90
09-27-2008, 10:34 AM
ive lost interest due to the BCS as well. The BCS games were pretty bad last year. And by pretty bad, i mean ****ing ass rapings.

UGA vs Hawaii(just lol)

USC vs Illinois(Having the 2nd best team in a conference move up to take the big 10's auto bid is stupid cause the big 10 is ****ing horrible)

LSU vs OSU (sweet jesus this was embarrasing)

capitaboarder
09-27-2008, 11:12 AM
ive lost interest due to the BCS as well. The BCS games were pretty bad last year. And by pretty bad, i mean ****ing ass rapings.

UGA vs Hawaii(just lol)

USC vs Illinois(Having the 2nd best team in a conference move up to take the big 10's auto bid is stupid cause the big 10 is ****ing horrible)

LSU vs OSU (sweet jesus these teams shouldn't have been in the NC game)

EFT.

GPx
09-27-2008, 12:24 PM
I'm with the OP, not a fan of college football but love the NFL.

Minhsanity
09-27-2008, 12:30 PM
Love both.. but college football just has more passion and tradition. The majority of college football players aren't going to see NFL contracts, so they play for pride.

But I think more so, it's because play calling in CFB is more radical and you see a lot of razzle dazzle plays.

Negatron617
09-27-2008, 12:32 PM
to me if it isnt professional its just second tier
might as well get into high school sports cuz some of those kids will eventually be pros
i'll still watch if its a good game or if its BC

bmy-
09-27-2008, 12:37 PM
EFT.

LSU had the best resume after those freakish losses in the last week. Which team last year was going to beat a healthy LSU team?

niospecv
09-27-2008, 12:56 PM
College Football > NFL

undertowg
09-27-2008, 12:58 PM
i'm with OP

Jmh80
09-27-2008, 12:59 PM
Because a team like Ole Miss can go on the road and beat the 4th ranked Gators.

Parity, brah.

snakehips31
09-27-2008, 01:00 PM
NFL, by far, buries college football. Any sport that allows computers and sports writers,who probably never played a down of football in their lives, to decide who plays for the championship is pure stupidity. There is one game that means something and thats the BCS championship. The other bowl games are nothing more then exhibitions. While college players play for the love of the game, the universities are all about money. Also, I hate the fact that if a team loses in week 3 they can comeback and play in the national championship, while another team lost in week 9 and they are done for.Bottom line, until they get a playoff system it will never measure up to the NFL.

bmy-
09-27-2008, 01:00 PM
LOL bad call on that 4th and 1. TY florida way to help out LSU!

Jmh80
09-27-2008, 01:02 PM
Last time I talked with Kevin Greene (Rams, 49ers, Auburn Tiger) he's adamant that college football is flat out fun and the NFL is just high technical and more dry in emotion.

All depends on what you are looking for. I watch both but love CFB more. Greene agrees on that front.

Jmh80
09-27-2008, 01:02 PM
LOL bad call on that 4th and 1. TY florida way to help out LSU!

Well - it will hurt your schedule when you play them in 2 weeks (maybe 3) that they won't be undefeated.

SoCool
09-27-2008, 01:09 PM
Well - it will hurt your schedule when you play them in 2 weeks (maybe 3) that they won't be undefeated.

SEC schedule is still brutal. They won't be undefeated but, they'll still be a top 10.