PDA

View Full Version : Pakistani, US troops exchange fire!!!!

Rocky-Balboa
09-25-2008, 09:05 PM
Pakistani and US troops exchanged fire along the Pakistani-Afghan border Thursday after two US military helicopters came under fire, a US military spokesman said.

Rear Admiral Gregory Smith said Pakistani soldiers at a border checkpoint were observed firing on two US OH-58 Kiowa helicopters covering a patrol of Afghan and US troops about a mile and a half inside Afghanistan.

?The ground forces then fired into the hillside nearby that checkpoint, gained their attention, which worked,? Smith told AFP by telephone.

?Unfortunately, though, the Pak unit decided to shoot down a hillside at our ground forces. Our ground forces returned fire.?

Smith, a spokesman for the US Central Command, said no one on either side was hit in the exchange, which occurred in late afternoon, and the helicopters never fired any rounds.

?The whole thing lasted about five minutes,? he said. ?It all ended quickly.?

The Pakistani military said its troops had fired warning shots at two helicopters which were ?well within Pakistani territory.?

But Smith and Pentagon officials said the helicopters were in Afghan air space.

Epictetus IV
09-25-2008, 09:06 PM
who cares

MA5Bergey
09-25-2008, 09:06 PM
This will not end well.

For Pakistan, I mean.

XxCoxX
09-25-2008, 09:09 PM
this could cause a big riff between us and them....
the only thing to watch is who they have in power.....why do you ask....they are a NUCLEAR power....
wouldn't want for one of those little bombs to get out.

sugicalmike
09-25-2008, 09:12 PM
the only thing to watch is who they have in power.....why do you ask....they are a NUCLEAR power....

The rift could get bigger?

I kid, I kid...

I agree.... there's potential for great trouble here, and unfortunately, little **** like this could spark it. The new "administration" over there is not as friendly as Musharraf was, because unfortunately for us, they seem to be more of their own people.... which does not bode well for anyone neighboring Pakistan.

Wompinblazer
09-25-2008, 09:30 PM

Bro, we got India on our side. All the jobs we farmed out to them. They owe us bigtime, and they are bitter enemies with the Pakis

%%%%
09-25-2008, 09:52 PM
Smith, a spokesman for the US Central Command, said no one on either side was hit in the exchange

^^That right there is good to know.

However, I wonder...

Just what would happen if Pakistan fired at us, and killed one of our troops. What do you guys think would happen then?

This is actually the first time Pakistan fired at the US, and neither side denies it too. The past 2 weeks, we keep hearing "Pakistan fired warning shots" on the news. But Pakistan and US denied it. It isn't like that in this case.

George Carlinian
09-25-2008, 09:56 PM
Everywhere the US supported Al Qaedas fight against Christians...this has happened. Sudan, Chechnya, Kosovo, Artsakh, why should it not happen where Al Qaeda fights muslims?

Lucky_ROA
09-25-2008, 10:01 PM
Bro, we got India on our side. All the jobs we farmed out to them. They owe us bigtime, and they are bitter enemies with the Pakis

LOL are you dumb ???? Senior CIA officials have written official reports saying India might be the one doing proxy attacks in Afghanistan and in Pakistan.

Because INDIA is a super power in the region. and no super powers on earth like other countries making a presence in their region.

India is pretty much against United States, they declined giving U.S the bases for attacks on Afghanistan.

How the hell does that makes them on U.Ss side ?