PDA

View Full Version : wow strong spin

JuanDenver
09-24-2008, 02:09 PM
The liberals are going wild over the economic situation; blaming it on mccain and the reps. Yet, theyre throwing mud at mccain because hes suspended his campain to deal with the said problem. All while obama chooses to ignore the mess for another 50 days so that he can work on his camp. I guess this mess isnt really that big of a deal if obama chooses to shake hands instead right?

thedomooshoo
09-24-2008, 02:12 PM
The liberals are going wild over the economic situation; blaming it on mccain and the reps. Yet, theyre throwing mud at mccain because hes suspended his campain to deal with the said problem. All while obama chooses to ignore the mess for another 50 days so that he can work on his camp. I guess this mess isnt really that big of a deal if obama chooses to shake hands instead right?

yes the republicans are responsible for this collapse. Their pollicies have piled up massive debts, skyrocketed inflation. I dont know if bush is actually even considered republican honestly so maybe thats your point? You cant deny that bush's policies are responsible for this economic **** that we're in now.

JuanDenver
09-24-2008, 02:16 PM
yes the republicans are responsible for this collapse. Their pollicies have piled up massive debts, skyrocketed inflation. I dont know if bush is actually even considered republican honestly so maybe thats your point? You cant deny that bush's policies are responsible for this economic **** that we're in now.

Mccain = Bush! grabble grabble grabble grabble!

enkaroxch
09-24-2008, 02:20 PM

This is exactly the time they need to debate, so we know what is on their minds. This is an emergency and we don't need a President who needs to sit down with a cup of tea and calmly think about all of it.

thedomooshoo
09-24-2008, 02:22 PM
Mccain = Bush! grabble grabble grabble grabble!well mccain supports continued war efforts which just cant be paid for while also supporting massive tax CUTS. This is pretty much as terrible of a policy as it gets because it drives the us into even higher debt + inflation which will fuel the economic meltdown even moreso. As if the future economic situation isnt hopeless already. It wouldnt surprise me to see a 85% crash in the markets with the ammount of "fuel" thats in place now, i just cant immagine tax cuts. I dont know if the us will even exist after all this buttraping is overwith.

JuanDenver
09-24-2008, 02:22 PM
This is exactly the time they need to debate, so we know what is on their minds. This is an emergency and we don't need a President who needs to sit down with a cup of tea and calmly think about all of it.

Is that why obama declined 100 town hall meetings?

enkaroxch
09-24-2008, 02:24 PM
Is that why obama declined 100 town hall meetings?

That wasn't during a time of a possible 700 billion dollar bailout.

JuanDenver
09-24-2008, 02:28 PM
That wasn't during a time of a possible 700 billion dollar bailout.

Then obama would have had a lot more time to attend the town hall meetings. Shoot yourself in the foot much?

enkaroxch
09-24-2008, 02:31 PM
Then obama would have had a lot more time to attend the town hall meetings. Shoot yourself in the foot much?

The debate now is necessary because of this meltdown. three months ago,the people could have gone without the town hall meetings because there was nothing urgent to make quick decisions on.

clayu86
09-24-2008, 02:32 PM

whos been in control of congress for the past 2 years...how has the economy been doing for the past 2 years? Steep decline. How was it before?...republican controlled and on an increase....so who is responsible again? I think you should do some more research my friend.

paolo59
09-24-2008, 02:56 PM
The failure of Fannie Mae and Freddie Mac are chiefly responsible for the present "melt down" in the finance markets. Both were operated by former Clinton administration officials, both entities were more than happy to extend inventive loans to clients who had no credit, or little credit and represented incredible risk. The destabilization of the housing market and the drying up of liquidity within the system is the direct result of socialized, legislative intervention in the free market system. You don't dictate to loan companies who they must lend too, regardless of credit worthiness, or in this case, unworthiness. Red flags were raised as far back as 2003. In 2006 legislation was sponsored by McCain to reign in irresponsible lending practices and outright fraud by Fannie Mae and Freddie Mac. The Dems in Congress, Schumer, Dodd, Frank, all thwarted any efforts, and true to the classic liberal BS line, accused Republicans of trying to limit access and opportunity to the "less advantaged" and minority communities. Yes, they were accused of racism! LMAO What exists today is not the failure of the free market, but rather the result of legislative intervention under the threat of legal action and lawsuits against any entity who didn't tow the Democrat legislated line.

thedomooshoo
09-24-2008, 02:56 PM
whos been in control of congress for the past 2 years...how has the economy been doing for the past 2 years? Steep decline. How was it before?...republican controlled and on an increase....so who is responsible again? I think you should do some more research my friend.just because i believe bush's policies were responsible for this economic **** doesnt mean i believe the democrats dont have blood on their hands Also. Im actually an independent, so the way i see it is the bush administration ruined this country with its policies, while the incompetent democratic congress didnt stop it. The problem with the usa is really that theres this picture painted of two sides to politics, the problem is both sides are 95% exactly the same.

curtis999
09-24-2008, 03:00 PM
Yet, theyre throwing mud at mccain because hes suspended his campain to deal with the said problem. ?
Can't McCain multitask?!

Too bad you don't get "timeouts" in real life!

stateless
09-24-2008, 03:01 PM

Wake up. I hardly think that Obama is ignoring the probem any more than McCain is. How clever of you to use others of "spin" whilst doing the same yourself.

Of course to an extent the current administration is to blame. They're oh so good at "pre-emptive strikes" when it comes to attacking foreign countries, but their pre-emptve sensibilities seem to leave them when it comes to the economy. Can you not see that blindo??

MediaDeit
09-24-2008, 03:04 PM
The only thing this has proven is that a good majority of politicians on both sides are complete pieces of trash, no one is willing to take responsibility. It is the republicans and democrats and when Pelosi get her panties in a bunch at the mere thought of her ****ing democratic controlled congress taking even one drop of blame she cries foul. The ultimate responsibility is the American people , the large majority of us are incapable of intelligent thought and vote based on a two party system without paying any attention to the issues. What is clear though is the democrats and republicans need to get rid of the trash and i think the person to start with is Pelosi.

raybbaby
09-24-2008, 03:08 PM
whos been in control of congress for the past 2 years...how has the economy been doing for the past 2 years? Steep decline. How was it before?...republican controlled and on an increase....so who is responsible again? I think you should do some more research my friend.

The republican minority is the most obstructionist in the countries hostory, and with the Dems slight majority, they really haven't neen able to move much legislation forward. This is the result of thirty years of "market de-regulation", the republicans favorite thing in the world. McCain is just using htis as an excuse to hide. He knows as well as the rest of the republicans that they're done for this year. Best not to look any worse than they already do. Stop talking, and start paying attention.

nutsy54
09-24-2008, 03:12 PM
The debate now is necessary because of this meltdown. three months ago,the people could have gone without the town hall meetings because there was nothing urgent to make quick decisions on.But if "urgency and quick decisions" are being demanded - That happens on the floor of the Senate, not at a political debate. . .

They can talk at a debate. They can take action in Washington.

clayu86
09-24-2008, 03:13 PM
The republican minority is the most obstructionist in the countries hostory, and with the Dems slight majority, they really haven't neen able to move much legislation forward. This is the result of thirty years of "market de-regulation", the republicans favorite thing in the world. McCain is just using htis as an excuse to hide. He knows as well as the rest of the republicans that they're done for this year. Best not to look any worse than they already do. Stop talking, and start paying attention.

dude regardeless of what you say you can't justify what the democratically controlled congress has done to this economy over the past 2 years. It was when they came under control this all went to ****. Before that we were all doing just fine economically. All they can do is argue and bicker who is right and who should be in control. If they actually did their jobs as congressman we wouldn't be dealing with this **** right now. It is all of congress's fault and they have the power to do something about it but they don't. Democrats are in control of it and it has happened on their watch.

etech
09-24-2008, 03:14 PM
http://www.govtrack.us/congress/bill.xpd?bill=h109-1461
H.R. 1461 [109th]: Federal Housing Finance Reform Act of 2005

Rep. Richard Baker [R-LA]
Cosponsors [as of 2007-01-07]
Rep. Robert Aderholt [R-AL]
Rep. James Barrett [R-SC]
Rep. Roy Blunt [R-MO]
Rep. Geoff Davis [R-KY]
Rep. Tom Feeney [R-FL]
Rep. Michael Fitzpatrick [R-PA]
Rep. Scott Garrett [R-NJ]
Rep. Paul Gillmor [R-OH]
Rep. Jeb Hensarling [R-TX]
Rep. Walter Jones [R-NC]
Rep. Thaddeus McCotter [R-MI]
Rep. Patrick Mchenry [R-NC]
Rep. Michael Oxley [R-OH]
Rep. Ileana Ros-Lehtinen [R-FL]
Rep. Paul Ryan [R-WI]
Rep. Jim Ryun [R-KS]
Rep. Christopher Shays [R-CT]
Rep. Robert Simmons [R-CT]
Rep. Frank Wolf [R-VA]

http://www.govtrack.us/congress/bill.xpd?bill=s109-190
S. 190 [109th]: Federal Housing Enterprise Regulatory Reform Act of 2005

Sen. Charles Hagel [R-NE]
Cosponsors [as of 2007-01-08]
Sen. Elizabeth Dole [R-NC]
Sen. John McCain [R-AZ]
Sen. John Sununu [R-NH]

http://www.govtrack.us/congress/bill.xpd?bill=h109-1461&tab=reports
The Administration has long called for legislation to create a stronger, more effective regulatory regime to improve oversight of Fannie Mae, Freddie Mac,
and the Federal Home Loan Banks.

http://www.govtrack.us/congress/bill.xpd?bill=h109-1461
Oct 31, 2005: Received in the Senate and Read twice and referred to the Committee on Banking, Housing, and Urban Affairs.

http://banking.senate.gov/public/index.cfm?FuseAction=Information.Membership
Christopher J. Dodd Chairman (D-CT)

http://www.opensecrets.org/news/2008/09/update-fannie-mae-and-freddie.html

...........................Grand Total Total from Total from
.................................................P ACs Individuals

#1 Dodd, Christopher J $165,400 $48,500 $116,900

That was the last chance. The democrats stopped it and the reason appears to be clear as to why.

raybbaby
09-24-2008, 03:15 PM
The failure of Fannie Mae and Freddie Mac are chiefly responsible for the present "melt down" in the finance markets. Both were operated by former Clinton administration officials, both entities were more than happy to extend inventive loans to clients who had no credit, or little credit and represented incredible risk. The destabilization of the housing market and the drying up of liquidity within the system is the direct result of socialized, legislative intervention in the free market system. You don't dictate to loan companies who they must lend too, regardless of credit worthiness, or in this case, unworthiness. Red flags were raised as far back as 2003. In 2006 legislation was sponsored by McCain to reign in irresponsible lending practices and outright fraud by Fannie Mae and Freddie Mac. The Dems in Congress, Schumer, Dodd, Frank, all thwarted any efforts, and true to the classic liberal BS line, accused Republicans of trying to limit access and opportunity to the "less advantaged" and minority communities. Yes, they were accused of racism! LMAO What exists today is not the failure of the free market, but rather the result of legislative intervention under the threat of legal action and lawsuits against any entity who didn't tow the Democrat legislated line.

WOW, just Wow on this, it's not just ignorant, it's willfully mis-informed. Here's one question for ya, what was the name of McCains bill? I dunno who's been lying to you, but you oughta be a bit more wary. Next thing you'll know you're spitting lies that someone else told you. McCain has been a lifelong supporter of de-regulation.

ripper6

Exactly. It is congress that taxes and spends, not the Executive branch. The Executive branch can only ask for legislation to spend or propose a budget. It is the separation of powers that puts the taxing/spending under the Legislative branch's constitutional authority.

ALSO, all the various committee chairs and oversight committees are run by the DEMOCRATS in congress, since they have the majority. Where were they for the last two years as this crisis was comming to a head? Where are they with their proposals to remedy the situation? It is THEIR JOB, the buck stops with them.

clayu86
The only thing this has proven is that a good majority of politicians on both sides are complete pieces of trash, no one is willing to take responsibility. It is the republicans and democrats and when Pelosi get her panties in a bunch at the mere thought of her ****ing democratic controlled congress taking even one drop of blame she cries foul. The ultimate responsibility is the American people , the large majority of us are incapable of intelligent thought and vote based on a two party system without paying any attention to the issues. What is clear though is the democrats and republicans need to get rid of the trash and i think the person to start with is Pelosi.

amen about pelosi.

etech
09-24-2008, 03:17 PM
WOW, just Wow on this, it's not just ignorant, it's willfully mis-informed. Here's one question for ya, what was the name of McCains bill? I dunno who's been lying to you, but you oughta be a bit more wary. Next thing you'll know you're spitting lies that someone else told you. McCain has been a lifelong supporter of de-regulation.

http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showpost.php?p=223444171&postcount=19

Would you call that an oops on your part?

raybbaby
09-24-2008, 03:19 PM
dude regardeless of what you say you can't justify what the democratically controlled congress has done to this economy over the past 2 years. It was when they came under control this all went to ****. Before that we were all doing just fine economically. All they can do is argue and bicker who is right and who should be in control. If they actually did their jobs as congressman we wouldn't be dealing with this **** right now. It is all of congress's fault and they have the power to do something about it but they don't. Democrats are in control of it and it has happened on their watch.

We were doing just fine economically? Really? With a record debt and an ever expanding budget deficit? Record high gas prices, inflation and stagnant wages? Yeah, just fine. What specifically did the Dems do that made this occur? If they actually did their jobs as congress people, this entire administration would be in jail.

KhanPaulsen
09-24-2008, 03:21 PM

Raybbaby is the same guy that believes MSNBC is a right-leaning station. In short, he's delusional.

clayu86
09-24-2008, 03:22 PM
We were doing just fine economically? Really? With a record debt and an ever expanding budget deficit? Record high gas prices, inflation and stagnant wages? Yeah, just fine. What specifically did the Dems do that made this occur? If they actually did their jobs as congress people, this entire administration would be in jail.

Pleease...now your being legalistic. Be rational here. Our economy was on an incline. There will always be national debt. The fact is the economy has been heading downward at the fastest rate yet since democrats took control. There is no questioning where the responsibility lies. They have the power. Also, the gas prices hit a record high with the dems in control.

enkaroxch
09-24-2008, 03:24 PM
Pleease...now your being legalistic. Be rational here. Our economy was on an incline. There will always be national debt. The fact is the economy has been heading downward at the fastest rate yet since democrats took control. There is no questioning where the responsibility lies. They have the power.

They don't have the power because the they don't have enough votes to make sure anything they pass is veto proof or fili buster proof.

raybbaby
09-24-2008, 03:25 PM

Nope, just cuz someone calls something reform, doesn't mean it isn't writing lawlessness into the law. With this many republicans onboard, you can know it's crooked legislation, and the bill itself will have to be examined. The republicans hate protecting the populous, and exist to enrich the corporations and banks.

clayu86
09-24-2008, 03:25 PM
They don't have the power because the they don't have enough votes to make sure anything they pass is veto proof or fili buster proof.

yet they are the majority...hmmmm they pass bills....hmmm

Menosis
09-24-2008, 03:26 PM

Of course McCain wants out of the debate and to suspend the campaign. He's getting his ass wooped by the economic crisis. OF COURSE that wouldn't be why McCain is spinning this right?

And this whole crap is all the fault of a failed Republican economic philosphy. from 2000-2006 you had the majority in congress and the presidency. You started with a ****ing surplus budget. This is what happens when Republicans get free reign to do what they want. Big business and the top 5% of the country benefits and the small guy gets his ass handed to him. Trickle down economics my ass.

And no one is ignoring the crisis. Suspending the campaigns is a silly idea offered by McCain because anything having to do with the economy is a severe weak point for him. Ya when Im in a fight and about to be knocked out, Id think the fight should be suspended too.

Oh and special thanks to Phill Graham McCains chief economic advisor who is responsible for all the deregulation that lead to this mess. Good Job.

etech
09-24-2008, 03:30 PM
Nope, just cuz someone calls something reform, doesn't mean it isn't writing lawlessness into the law. With this many republicans onboard, you can know it's crooked legislation, and the bill itself will have to be examined. The republicans hate protecting the populous, and exist to enrich the corporations and banks.

I supplied the links, read the bills and what the sponsors said about them and why they were submitted.

If you are not a complete partisan hack you will retract your above statements.

http://www.govtrack.us/congress/bill.xpd?bill=s109-190&tab=summary
1/26/2005--Introduced.
Federal Housing Enterprise Regulatory Reform Act of 2005 - Amends the Federal Housing Enterprises Financial Safety and Soundness Act of 1992 to establish: (1) in lieu of the Office of Federal Housing Enterprise Oversight of the Department of Housing and Urban Development (HUD), an independent Federal Housing Enterprise Regulatory Agency which shall have authority over the Federal Home Loan Bank Finance Corporation, the Federal Home Loan Banks, the Federal National Mortgage Association (Fannie Mae), and the Federal Home Loan Mortgage Corporation (Freddie Mac); and (2) the Federal Housing Enterprise Board.
Sets forth operating, administrative, and regulatory provisions of the Agency, including provisions respecting: (1) assessment authority; (2) authority to limit nonmission-related assets; (3) minimum and critical capital levels; (4) risk-based capital test; (5) capital classifications and undercapitalized enterprises; (6) enforcement actions and penalties; (7) golden parachutes; and (8) reporting.
Amends the Federal Home Loan Bank Act to establish the Federal Home Loan Bank Finance Corporation. Transfers the functions of the Office of Finance of the Federal Home Loan Banks to such Corporation.
Excludes the Federal Home Loan Banks from certain securities reporting requirements.
Abolishes the Federal Housing Finance Board.

raybbaby
09-24-2008, 03:30 PM
Pleease...now your being legalistic. Be rational here. Our economy was on an incline. There will always be national debt. The fact is the economy has been heading downward at the fastest rate yet since democrats took control. There is no questioning where the responsibility lies. They have the power. Also, the gas prices hit a record high with the dems in control.

What the F$&k does our economy was on an incline even mean? Oh, yeah, nothing. What at the time of their losing the majority, were record high gas prices. There will always be a national debt? Wow, you really are a rewpublican, but not really a conservative to be sure. Had this bum of a president just followed what Clinton was doing, we'd now have a surplus. Take some comfort in the fact that your candidate is now trying to cut and run from the debates.

illriginalized
09-24-2008, 03:31 PM
Right now people are blaming anything and everything on the economic problems. This has nothing to do with dems and republicans. It has to do with pieces of crap who purposely manipulated the free market and stole from the American people.

enkaroxch
09-24-2008, 03:33 PM
yet they are the majority...hmmmm they pass bills....hmmm

Cut the bull****. If they pass any bill the Republicans or President doesn't like, the bill doesn't get turned into law. One that comes up off the top of my head was a bill that gave free health care to children and Bush vetoed it.

raybbaby
09-24-2008, 03:36 PM
I supplied the links, read the bills and what the sponsors said about them and why they were submitted.

http://www.govtrack.us/congress/bill.xpd?bill=s109-190&tab=summary
1/26/2005--Introduced.
Federal Housing Enterprise Regulatory Reform Act of 2005 - Amends the Federal Housing Enterprises Financial Safety and Soundness Act of 1992 to establish: (1) in lieu of the Office of Federal Housing Enterprise Oversight of the Department of Housing and Urban Development (HUD), an independent Federal Housing Enterprise Regulatory Agency which shall have authority over the Federal Home Loan Bank Finance Corporation, the Federal Home Loan Banks, the Federal National Mortgage Association (Fannie Mae), and the Federal Home Loan Mortgage Corporation (Freddie Mac); and (2) the Federal Housing Enterprise Board.
Sets forth operating, administrative, and regulatory provisions of the Agency, including provisions respecting: (1) assessment authority; (2) authority to limit nonmission-related assets; (3) minimum and critical capital levels; (4) risk-based capital test; (5) capital classifications and undercapitalized enterprises; (6) enforcement actions and penalties; (7) golden parachutes; and (8) reporting.
Amends the Federal Home Loan Bank Act to establish the Federal Home Loan Bank Finance Corporation. Transfers the functions of the Office of Finance of the Federal Home Loan Banks to such Corporation.
Excludes the Federal Home Loan Banks from certain securities reporting requirements.
Abolishes the Federal Housing Finance Board.

So they bi-passed HUD and set up their own "regulatory" commission? How does this not point the finger directly at themselves? Or did this bill fail to pass? It's like I'm telling you, the republicans can and have set up and staffed tonsof regulatory bodies wiht people wh are out and out hostile to the supposed mission of these bodies. Grrrr.....

etech
09-24-2008, 03:40 PM
http://www.govtrack.us/congress/record.xpd?id=109-s20060525-16&bill=s109-190

Sen. John McCain [R-AZ]: Mr. President, this week Fannie Mae's regulator reported that the company's quarterly reports of profit growth over the past few years were "illusions deliberately and systematically created" by the company's senior management, which resulted in a $10.6 billion accounting scandal.

The Office of Federal Housing Enterprise Oversight's report goes on to say that Fannie Mae employees deliberately and intentionally manipulated financial reports to hit earnings targets in order to trigger bonuses for senior executives. In the case of Franklin Raines, Fannie Mae's former chief executive officer, OFHEO's report shows that over half of Mr. Raines' compensation for the 6 years through 2003 was directly tied to meeting earnings targets. The report of financial misconduct at Fannie Mae echoes the deeply troubling $5 billion profit restatement at Freddie Mac.

The OFHEO report also states that Fannie Mae used its political power to lobby Congress in an effort to interfere with the regulator's examination of the company's accounting problems. This report comes some weeks after Freddie Mac paid a record $3.8 million fine in a settlement with the Federal Election Commission and restated lobbying disclosure reports from 2004 to 2005. These are entities that have demonstrated over and over again that they are deeply in need of reform.

For years I have been concerned about the regulatory structure that governs Fannie Mae and Freddie Mac--known as Government-sponsored entities or GSEs--and the sheer magnitude of these companies and the role they play in the housing market. OFHEO's report this week does nothing to ease these concerns. In fact, the report does quite the contrary. OFHEO's report solidifies my view that the GSEs need to be reformed without delay.

I join as a cosponsor of the Federal Housing Enterprise Regulatory Reform Act of 2005, S. 190, to underscore my support for quick passage of GSE regulatory reform legislation. If Congress does not act, American taxpayers will continue to be exposed to the enormous risk that Fannie Mae and Freddie Mac pose to the housing market, the overall financial system, and the economy as a whole.

I urge my colleagues to support swift action on this GSE reform legislation.

Too bad the democrats killed it.

Miz-Zou
09-24-2008, 03:42 PM
Another Quality Thread by BakedBeans.

clayu86
09-24-2008, 03:51 PM
What the F$&k does our economy was on an incline even mean? Oh, yeah, nothing. What at the time of their losing the majority, were record high gas prices. There will always be a national debt? Wow, you really are a rewpublican, but not really a conservative to be sure. Had this bum of a president just followed what Clinton was doing, we'd now have a surplus. Take some comfort in the fact that your candidate is now trying to cut and run from the debates.

which was done under a republican controlled congress during Clinton years....lol

clayu86
09-24-2008, 03:53 PM
Cut the bull****. If they pass any bill the Republicans or President doesn't like, the bill doesn't get turned into law. One that comes up off the top of my head was a bill that gave free health care to children and Bush vetoed it.

So just do the liberal thing and hand things over on a silver platter like a socialist government. Yeh, don't make people work for a living to get their goods and health care coverage. That will help the economy.

jafomofo
09-24-2008, 04:06 PM

yeah because he has been out of the loop for a while, he's not on any of the relevant committees dealing with the issue actively.

what is he gonna do? hang out and think hard?

he and obama should just stay focused, voice their support of dissent for congress' work and vote accordingly.

Ephedra
09-24-2008, 04:13 PM
LOL @ people thinking McCain will actually work on the problem. He himself admitted he isn't an economic guru so most likely he is just trying to buy time.

Watch out Warren Buffett and Paul Krugman- John McCain is here!!! LOL

Strong irony on saying Obama is trying to spin it.

clayu86
09-24-2008, 04:15 PM
LOL @ people thinking McCain will actually work on the problem. He himself admitted he isn't an economic guru so most likely he is just trying to buy time.

Watch out Warren Buffett and Paul Krugman- John McCain is here!!! LOL

Strong irony on saying Obama is trying to spin it.

I keep hearing this...but where is your evidence for him saying that?

jafomofo
09-24-2008, 04:17 PM

are you using the hagle bill to defend republicans? didn't that guy just come out and say palin had no business being veep and mccain had lost all credibility while praising obama?

oh yeah he did. i agree that hagle made a good call on fannie/freddie. i agree that mccain affixed his name to hagle's bill as co-sponsor and i agree that he is right again on his most recent callouts. :)

clayu86
09-24-2008, 04:17 PM
yeah because he has been out of the loop for a while, he's not on any of the relevant committees dealing with the issue actively.

what is he gonna do? hang out and think hard?

he and obama should just stay focused, voice their support of dissent for congress' work and vote accordingly.

Is the campaign their job??? Their job of employment by the USA as senators is what comes first. This campaign comes second.

clayu86
09-24-2008, 04:19 PM
are you using the hagle bill to defend republicans? didn't that guy just come out and say palin had no business being veep and mccain had lost all credibility while praising obama?

oh yeah he did. i agree that hagle made a good call on fannie/freddie. i agree that mccain affixed his name to hagle's bill as co-sponsor and i agree that he is right again on his most recent callouts. :)

Do your research on the economy since democrats took control...whos a fool? Yeh...wow. Oh yeh, real mature of you to neg when you havent done the research and just because my opinion doesn't match yours. Can you say homosexual spelled h-o-m-o-s-e-x-u-a-l. My gaydar is going off.

enkaroxch
09-24-2008, 04:27 PM
So just do the liberal thing and hand things over on a silver platter like a socialist government. Yeh, don't make people work for a living to get their goods and health care coverage. That will help the economy.

What you just said has nothing to do with my post or the argument we were discussing. Your subject changing skills suck. I've seen Republicans do way better than that.

etech
09-24-2008, 04:28 PM

I was using both of the REPUBLICAN bills that the DEMOCRATS blocked to show how hypocritical the democrats are.

clayu86
09-24-2008, 04:31 PM
What you just said has nothing to do with my post or the argument we were discussing. Your subject changing skills suck. I've seen Republicans do way better than that.

It had everything to do...do you have brain damage???

HatesFat
09-24-2008, 04:41 PM

It's not possible to do both?

And don't you have, oh I dunno, say an elected government to deal with, you know, stuff that happens in the country? yeah, those elected governments come in pretty handy.

It's super important for Americans to know their candidates and all due haste should be applied to the election process, but it doesn't have to be at the expense of the candidates' political duties, and vice versa.

jafomofo
09-25-2008, 01:48 PM
Is the campaign their job??? Their job of employment by the USA as senators is what comes first. This campaign comes second.

mccain hasn't been at the senate since april so you tell me.

paolo59
09-25-2008, 02:34 PM

Deregulation? It is not deregulation that has spawned this pathetic mess, it is inventive financing at the hands of your liberal buddies in the Congress. Follow the money trail and it leads straight back to Washington. Countrywide, Fannie Mae, Freddie Mac, all were the political play toys of any number of Democrat congressmen and senators. All were under the direction of former Clinton advisors, staff members, and high ranking officials. All enjoyed a very cozy relationship with chief Democrat lawmakers. Deregulation? The American stock market and financial system is the most regulated on the planet! The bursting of the housing bubble was inevitable. That so many were caught in loans that they could never begin to afford to repay is the direct result of Congressional legislation.

nutsy54
09-25-2008, 02:43 PM
mccain hasn't been at the senate since april so you tell me.The fact that he chose to return to Washington to do his job, rather than continue campaigning during what Senator Obama himself has called "The worst financial crisis since the Great Depression" says a lot.

But personally, I believe anyone with serious plans to run for President should relinquish whatever government office they hold. Stop getting paid to campaign, stop getting paid to not do your job, and actually show some confidence in your goal, and willingness to accept great defeat if you don't achieve great victory.

jafomofo
09-25-2008, 02:53 PM
The fact that he chose to return to Washington to do his job, rather than continue campaigning during what Senator Obama himself has called "The worst financial crisis since the Great Depression" says a lot.

what does it say? it says he is self aggrandizing and nothing more

he's not on any relevant committees that were dealing with the issue, even his republican counterparts said there was little for him to do there but be a distraction and eventually vote on what was put forward.

so you tell me what was he going back to do exactly?

nutsy54
09-25-2008, 03:03 PM
what does it say? it says he is self aggrandizing and nothing more

he's not on any relevant committees that were dealing with the issue, even his republican counterparts said there was little for him to do there but be a distraction and eventually vote on what was put forward.

so you tell me what was he going back to do exactly?McCain is, by tradition, now the top leader in the Republican party after George Bush. By the same token, Obama is the top leader for the Democrats.

Where else should they be at such a pivotal and unique legislative time in our history? It's been termed the worst financial crisis since the Great Depression. We must 'act within days or face economic disaster'. Nearly a Trillion Dollars in new debt is at stake. Massive new bureaucracy will be created to manage this all.

One man wants to be involved as a leader, the other wants to further his political career.

Hell, Obama actually said "if I can be helpful, I am prepared to be [in dc] anytime". There you have it. The man who wants to be President in a few months, the man who wants to Lead this nation, doesn't think he has anything to offer while the largest spending bill in this country's history is created through crash legislation. Then again, he did make a great campaign speech outlining everything he believes should be in the new bill. Once again - a lot of words, with no action to back them up, because that action occurs in DC.

What does that say?