PDA

View Full Version : Trying to get this diet dialed...HELP!

iluviron
09-23-2008, 10:23 AM
Ok, so I have been lifting fairly steadily for about two years and not getting the results I should. I know it is mainly from my poor diet. I have decided to really clean it up for good because I am just wasting my time in the gym if not. I am 6'1" 203 lbs. @ about 15%-18% bf (estimate don't have caliper yet) but should be close. Since winter is approaching, I am going to go for a clean bulk. I know I should be cutting at my current bf ration but i don't mind a little fat over the winter months. Also, I would assume with the cleaner diet, I will probably even loose a little bf while putting on muscle. My main question is how much should I be eating to grow? I know that is a fairly vague question and there are many opinions on the subject but I need to at least get in the ballpark. Also, I am confused on carb intake... should I cut it out after 5 or 6 pm and load up PreWO and PWO or is it ok to eat them all day?

Here is an example of my current diet...what's wrong with it?

7am PreWO: banana, whey

9am PWO: 1 cup oats, low fat yogurt, handful almonds, whey

12am: 4 cups homemade turkey chili (lean ground turkey, kidney beans, canned diced tomatoes, onion, carrots) or turkey sandwich and apple

3pm: handful of almonds, whey

6pm: can o tuna

8pm: chicken breast w/ spinach or other leafy greens

I did notice after cutting carbs at night, I am very lethargic in the am preWO which is def. not good! Is this just my body adjusting or is it the lack of carbs at night?

TIA for the help fellas.

grmokbel
09-23-2008, 10:42 AM
why cut the carb intake after 5 or 6 pm? thats just stupid IMO

if you eat food before you go to bed your not going to get fat or anything, and carbs aren't; going to make you essplode in your sleep k?

how many calories are you getting daily?

do you do any cardio?(some people do cardio while bulking, i do it twice a week just to stay in shape with running you know)

and do you know what your macros are?

YOUR BULKING, CARBS ARE FRIENDS(for me atleast, they give me the energy i need to train hard)

iluviron
09-23-2008, 02:29 PM
I have heard carbs at night will just add fat since not being used for energy. I load them during the day but was just curious about cutting them in the eve...