PDA

View Full Version : How much fat & protien on low carb diets? 100 gr./day

Autino
09-18-2008, 12:11 PM
Not talking Keto.
Somthing more like TKD, but with a bit more carbs.
I have been on the TKD, eating carbs only before and after my workout, but my problem is that even if I eat carbs the morning I lift, I still do not have enough energy or stamina to make it a full hour. I get light headed, dizzy and almost confused. Like my blood sugar is dropping like a diabetic.

I find that when I eat carbs the night before, as well as in the morning, I do have the energy to finish, and I don't get all light headed and dizzy.

I think that the carbs I eat at night have plenty of time to convert to glycogen and that is a better energy source for my body compared to fat as an energy source.

My question then is about fat intake.
When taking in more carbs than TDK suggests, and going around 100 grams per day on w/o days only (m,w,f,) does fat need to be as high? Does protien need to be increased?

ANy help is appreaciated

determined4000
09-18-2008, 12:26 PM
Not talking Keto.
Somthing more like TKD, but with a bit more carbs.
I have been on the TKD, eating carbs only before and fater my workout, but my problem is that even if I eat carbs the morning I lift, I still do not have enough energy or stamina to make it a full hour. I get light headed, dizzy and almost confused. Like my blood sugar is dropping like a diabetic.

I find that when I eat carbs the night before, as well as in the morning, I do have the energy to finish, and I don't get all light headed and dizzy.

I think that the carbs I eat at night have plenty of time to convert to glycogen and that is a better energy source for my body compared to fat as an energy source.

My question then is about fat intake.
When taking in more carbs than TDK suggests, and going around 100 grams per day on w/o days only(m,w,f,) does fat need to be as high? Does protien need to be increased?

ANy help is appreaciated

If you feel like crap then is it really worth it? Just gradually increase te carbsa and figure out the minimum you need to not feel like crap if you are trying toavoid them. Healhty carb sources will not cause you to get fat. Most of the time I work out first thing in the morning so I have no problem eating carbs at night because I view it as my pre-workout carbs. If you are worrried about it just make sure they are complex carbs low GIcarbs that take longer to digest.

IronBrendan
09-18-2008, 12:54 PM
As carbs go up, protein and fats go down and vice versa.

So I would decrease both protein and fat in equal proportions.

www.ironbrendan.com

Autino
09-18-2008, 04:41 PM
Anyone else?