PDA

View Full Version : Calorie Intake, fat burning

khmerpoh
09-15-2008, 10:54 AM
Hey everybody im having a question on calorie intake and fat burning. I do heavy cardio/lift 5-6 days a week. I eat very healthy, nuts, fruits, vegetables, lean meats, take in shakes and stuff, small more frequent meals. My question is in how many calories should I take in? General rule is 2000 to maintain. But you need to burn more calories than u eat to burn fat to lose weight. But at same time for energy, build muscle, you need to eat a lot more calories, more than 2000 calories to gain muscle and burn fat. What should I do?

mpi
09-15-2008, 11:13 AM
Hey everybody im having a question on calorie intake and fat burning. I do heavy cardio/lift 5-6 days a week. I eat very healthy, nuts, fruits, vegetables, lean meats, take in shakes and stuff, small more frequent meals. My question is in how many calories should I take in? General rule is 2000 to maintain. But you need to burn more calories than u eat to burn fat to lose weight. But at same time for energy, build muscle, you need to eat a lot more calories, more than 2000 calories to gain muscle and burn fat. What should I do?

Use this easy calculator: http://www.freedieting.com/tools/calorie_calculator.htm#

It's not 100% full-proof but it's much closer then other calculators. Harris-Benedict seems closest to what works for me, and make sure you don't overestimate your workouts. I mean 50 minutes on a tread isn't bad, but it's not really intense. I only consider a lifting day intense and that's only because of the heavy compound lifts.

DVSoul
09-15-2008, 11:42 AM
Hmmm...sounds like the classic dilema of "which to do"...Gain muscle or Lose fat. There is much debate on whether one before the other...or both at the same time. IMO i would focus on (1st)getting the chub off....keep it off, while i clean bulk (2nd). Sounds like your eating the right foods. Find out what cals you need to maintain, and start lowering them by about 500. Do it slow (not like me...who like a ass dropped them too low, too fast and nothing happen. Im fixing that now) Best luck!

cute_asian_girl
09-15-2008, 12:10 PM
That calculator is so COOL! Thanks!

khmerpoh
09-15-2008, 02:07 PM
Thanks the reply guys! The calculator sure helped a lot and made things easier. I maen im not chubby but anymeans, i lost a lot, im just needing to lose last bit of chub. I got as big and much muscles as I want. I just want to burn fat and get abs like anybody else. thats about my only goal at this point is.