PDA

View Full Version : Joe Biden to play bigger role in Obama campaign

ElMariachi
09-13-2008, 07:53 PM
MANCHESTER, N.H. (AP) - Remember Joe Biden? Barack Obama's running mate is the VP candidate we haven't been hearing so much about, but he's about to take on a more prominent role.

Campaign officials say Biden's focus will not be on his GOP counterpart, Sarah Palin, but on his old friend from Congress John McCain.

Advisers say Biden's argument will be that he knows McCain well enough to say that even though he's right on character, he's wrong on the issues and would be a dangerous choice for president in these times.

The Delaware senator is scheduled to give two major speeches framing the race in advance of the presidential debates. He'll address domestic policy Monday in Michigan, and talk about national security later in the month in Baltimore.

And Biden will be helping validate Obama with Jewish voters, Hillary Clinton's backers, union members and other middle-class and working-class voters.

Oh Thank God!

http://images.icanhascheezburger.com/completestore/2008/9/13/128658329416496182.jpg

tenthirtytwo
09-13-2008, 07:54 PM
That picture is fantastic.

etech
09-13-2008, 08:08 PM
Sounds like another flip flop coming.

http://article.nationalreview.com/?q=NGRhNzJlMWY5NjdiNzhjMTRkYjMzNjYwOGJmYzNjMTY=

On McCain:
Biden, on a post-debate appearance on MSNBC, October 30, 2007: “The only guy on the other side who’s qualified is John McCain.”

Biden appearing on The Daily Show, August 2, 2005: “John McCain is a personal friend, a great friend, and I would be honored to run with or against John McCain, because I think the country would be better off, be well off no matter who...”

On Meet the Press, November 27, 2005: “I’ve been calling for more troops for over two years, along with John McCain and others subsequent to my saying that.”

Bnk
09-13-2008, 09:11 PM
That's fantastic news for the McCain campaign. The more often they hand the mic over to Biden the better.

paolo59
09-14-2008, 01:36 AM
Joseph? What ever happened to his multi-colored coat?

F24
09-14-2008, 01:52 AM
I think we need to start a Biden Gaffe thread.

Once Biden starts to really campaign for Obama, I predict that there will be an average of one major Biden gaffe per day.

The guy's like Jim Carry's character in Liar Liar - he just can't shut himself up when he says something stupid. I bet he has amygdalar atrophy or something.