PDA

View Full Version : Both candidates love America

Organichu
09-11-2008, 02:35 PM
No arguing, please. I saw this picture and it made me smile a little bit:

http://graphics8.nytimes.com/images/2008/09/11/us/11campaign2-600.jpg

(9/11 service)

They have drastically different ideas on how to get us there but both candidates want a better America and want to help the American people prosper.

I think we sometimes lose track of this and get caught up in the mob mentality of partisanship. I think today of all days we can rise above that and recognize some more profound things.

BTW I notice Michelle Obama's absence... maybe this is Senator Obama's method of showing support for gay marriage. :D

potatoe
09-11-2008, 03:32 PM
No love for this thread huh? Not suprised with the amount of anger in the Misc/RP.

Organichu
09-11-2008, 03:36 PM
They're too busy posting about Senator Obama being a Muslim and Senator McCain forgetting to pay his property taxes.

It's okay, though. I still love the R/P. :)

potatoe
09-11-2008, 03:41 PM
They're too busy posting about Senator Obama being a Muslim and Senator McCain forgetting to pay his property taxes.

It's okay, though. I still love the R/P. :)

In before a vid of Obama's pastor saying, "God damn America".

AntonioWright
09-11-2008, 03:42 PM

(9/11 service)

They have drastically different ideas on how to get us there but both candidates want a better America and want to help the American people prosper.

I think we sometimes lose track of this and get caught up in the mob mentality of partisanship. I think today of all days we can rise above that and recognize some more profound things.

BTW I notice Michelle Obama's absence... maybe this is Senator Obama's method of showing support for gay marriage. :D

Well said! IMHO, whatever road they choose to make, the destination of a better America is the goal. I wish others would see this.

pleasesomeone
09-11-2008, 03:43 PM
Yeah, good stuff.

I secretly love and respect McCain, too.

no homo.

DBallerz
09-11-2008, 04:55 PM
lol, yes Obama deff wants a better America /sarcasim. Couple of years ago he was just fully affiliated with a church that cursed America out and all that it is about. The day after 9/11 happend, the Reverand was probably saying how the USA deserved it. That picture is just a political stunt. McCain is the real patriot, and he is the one who will get my vote this November.

(my neg suit is on)

Organichu
09-11-2008, 05:00 PM
sigh

DBallerz
09-11-2008, 05:00 PM
sigh

:-)

Garnett
09-11-2008, 05:10 PM
Very good posts, OP.

I have a ton of respect for both candidates. I may agree w/ 1 candidate more then another, but I'm glad there are some reasonable people around who can see the forrest for the trees.

Incidently, I would've never guessed you're only 20.

jnani
09-11-2008, 05:20 PM
Incidently, I would've never guessed you're only 20.

I agree that it is quite amazing that someone his age can show so much maturity and is capable of stating his opinions as eloquently and respectfully as he does.

Organichu
09-11-2008, 05:21 PM
What can I say, I do my best.

( <3 )

MISTERDUDE
09-11-2008, 05:22 PM
(9/11 service)

Lol at the last comment. (its obviously a joke - Obama-ites keep your panties on).

I agree 100%. In the past I have wondered about the, oh, lets just say the 'patriotic fervor' of Democrats - but I don't with Obama. I think he's the real deal, even if his policies and my politics don't match up. But he, he graduated from Columbia and Harvard - he might know a thing or two ;)

N01SYtZ
09-11-2008, 05:32 PM
If one of them didnt go he would look like he hated America, therefore its just for publicity.

Organichu
09-11-2008, 05:35 PM
If one of them didnt go he would look like he hated America, therefore its just for publicity.

The service isn't 'proof' that they love America. The photograph from the memorial just stood out because they're together in the same picture and the topic (9/11) evinces strong emotions for me.

The proof is elsewhere and abundant. People can decide whether it's worth observing, I suppose.

slackdaddy
09-11-2008, 05:47 PM
Remember, these guys know each other from the senate. I don't believe that it's a stretch to think that they don't mind being there together though they rarely agree at work.

Garnett
09-11-2008, 05:58 PM
Remember, these guys know each other from the senate. I don't believe that it's a stretch to think that they don't mind being there together though they rarely agree at work.

That's a very good point. Look at R/P for example. We're all on a bodybuilding site. I would tend to believe many if not most of us workout. I'm sure many of us can interact/chat/converse about a multitude of issues outside of politics and agree and be respectful. It's just sort of the nature of the beast that we forget those aspects and get dragged down.

Obama and McCain are both patriotic citizens imo. I maybe a democrat, but there's no way I'd ever question the love a man like McCain has for his country.

Sorry for the off topic thing btw.

J-Bol
09-11-2008, 06:27 PM
I believe they both want a better America, too. But, one has ideas that have continuously failed throughout history and the other has ideas that once built up the greatest nation on earth. I'll side with history on this one.

J2BIGG
09-14-2008, 01:55 AM
Great thread Organichu! Hope you recover soon (if that one thread about you being hospitalized was true)

paolo59
09-14-2008, 02:03 AM
Wasn't Obama looking at himself in a hand held mirror during the whole ceremony? LMAO

Mtguy8787
09-14-2008, 03:47 AM

(9/11 service)

The road to ruin is often paved with good intentions.

bigt405
09-14-2008, 03:51 AM
arent u jewish u f@ggot op?

Now that was truly an uplifting and inspiring post.

AKR
09-14-2008, 07:15 AM
arent u jewish u f@ggot op?

Aren't you about to get banned for being a racist scum bag?

body_builder_ma
09-28-2009, 10:05 AM
Oh my God

Survival to God alone

reyalp
09-28-2009, 10:18 AM
Oh my God

Survival to God alone
strong bump