PDA

View Full Version : When to go?

xmorfius
01-25-2002, 09:07 PM
Alright, I'm overweight, but still strong...I want to lose alot of my fat...I'm about 30% body fat...

Would it be okay for me to run in the morning on an empty stomach? I realize this is catabolic, but won't your body burn fat stores before protein (muscle?) If someone can straighten me out about this, please do...

GoodForHisAge
01-25-2002, 09:25 PM
If you're fat, then it is a good time to run...
Forget about the catabolic state in the morning if you're fat, only when you're cut, and an athlete, you'll have to intake an extra amount of protein...
Peace

drew
01-27-2002, 11:09 AM
How long have you lifted weights? Do you? At 30% I doubt it or you just started.

if you are fat, then cardio isn't your best bet, but weightlifting is (or both).

Let us know some more details.

And BTW, I have a "fat but strong" friend who has 50lbs of gut on me and 1 inch on each arm that I don't, I can hang with all his weights on almost everyone of his exercises.

JMP8164
01-28-2002, 11:55 AM
I just started going to the Gym about 3 months ago and was also way over weight. I have seen significant changes in the last three months. I would recomend resistance training first thing in the morning and right afterwards running, or what ever cardio you prefer. The important thing with cardio is to reach the target heart rate and stay there throughout the session. Combine this with a good thermogenic (I use Xenadryne) and proper eathing and you should see good changes within 1 month. I also take Cell-Tech, L-Glutamine, Nitro-Tech, and Z-mass an hour before bed on an empty stomach. This will promote muscle building without adding fat.... I try to remember that what is important is how I look and feel and not what the scale says.

Good luck, I'm sure you will accomplish your goals!

JayBro
01-28-2002, 02:24 PM
I also take Cell-Tech, L-Glutamine, Nitro-Tech, and Z-mass an hour before bed on an empty stomach.

And you sleep ok?