PDA

View Full Version : $40 of Fast Food over a week's span resulted in fat loss??!

SOCLE
09-09-2008, 09:06 PM
Ok, this is absolutely and utterly mind boggling.... Here is my story:

I have taken a week off from lifting because I strained a muscle in my groin area doing deadlifts last week and I wanted to make sure it wasn't a hernia... So I have REALLY been taking off this week as I hit up Taco Bell, Burger King, & McDonalds numerous times... (all visits were late at night, right before bed!)... According to my credit card activity I spent $43 on fast food within this week... consisting of Gorditas, Whoppers, Big Macs, french fries, cinnamon twists, and gallons of Sprite... the mind boggling part... that has me stumped beyond anything else is my body fat has decreased 2% and my six pack has revealed itself to new heights of definition. HOW ON EARTH IS THIS POSSIBLE- I haven't ran/lifted and I've been eating FAST FOOD... and I've progressed?! Anybody have a theory or hypothesis because I would love to hear ideas. I myself have no f*cking idea.

P.S. Yes I am positive my body fat has gone down, and yes I am positive my six pack has become more defined than ever... I am working in coordination with a certified personal trainer, and I myself might as well be a personal trainer as well. Just want to make that clear for the skeptics. Ok. Thoughts???

juniorfelix
09-09-2008, 09:33 PM
hahahaha man thats ****ing sick! i've been there, done that...the other night i went to a tigs game, had like a mickey, 10 beers and a ****in ton of peanuts and pizza...like the worrst **** ever and i dont think my abs looked better the next day! however, i'm "clean" bulking, started creatine and i MAY have gone a little overboard on the cals (i honestly don't think so tho?) and i've gained 6 pounds...probs water. BF hasn;t gone up too noticaebly, but my abs are barely visible. i think its creatine water weight but im takin CEE, and its sposed to not retain water....hmm.

in all honesty, I think its just that fast food and **** dehydrates you maybe and cuts all your water down. in the long run, i don't think its good but enjoy it while you can. i think that we underesitmate how much our metaboplism increases when you workout on the regular..i'm convinced you NEEd to cheat to make gains. your body needs to process different ****. i didn't cheat from january til april really,had like one beer in spring training, few slices of pizza here and there but no greasy ****, no wings, no fast food, nothin...where'd i make my gains? when my entire diet smartened up (watching cals) but my significatn gains were when i took it easy on myself and took everything in moderation. now i'm learning how ****in' hard it is to build muscle.

Phyziks
09-09-2008, 09:34 PM
Maybe it was due to a carb-up on fast food and your muscles became fuller in the process?

lateralus87
09-09-2008, 09:34 PM
Maybe you ate poor food but still ate at or below maintenance calories. If not, uh, good genetics? Hard to say.

v4lu3s
09-09-2008, 10:01 PM
i have been losing fat while hitting a pizza buffet twice a week lol

MattyH7688
09-09-2008, 10:17 PM
congrats.. u probably consumed 2500 calories a day

MAK060
09-09-2008, 10:28 PM
nothing surprising here, ur glucogen stores are full and ur muscles have more definition and u have more energy feel good tahts all. as for the body fat % the scale si not to be trusted try caliper :)

hooked4life
09-09-2008, 10:33 PM
Ate less than you used? I always find myself better back in the gym after a break

matthor
09-09-2008, 11:23 PM
calories in V calories out?

lol