dropdeadwil
09-09-2008, 05:36 AM
just a collective imaginary friend.....

poopshootfan
09-09-2008, 05:37 AM
no ****

lzer00nel
09-09-2008, 05:38 AM
http://imagecache2.allposters.com/images/pic/54/039_20629~Laverne-Shirley-Posters.jpg

No wonder the worlds so ****ed up

dropdeadwil
09-09-2008, 05:40 AM
no ****

i like you

Ozkar
09-09-2008, 05:43 AM
You're going to hell.

poopshootfan
09-09-2008, 05:45 AM
You're going to hell.

serious?

William McC
09-09-2008, 05:47 AM

lashing out because of an emotional vendetta.

seriously, wtf? You cry about people shoving God in your face, is this any different? grow up.

user89489489438943
09-09-2008, 05:51 AM

http://www.bl.uk/learning/images/front%20page/moon-st.jpg

Ozkar
09-09-2008, 06:27 AM
serious?

Yes.

Patrice_Lumumba
09-09-2008, 06:29 AM

seriously, wtf? You cry about people shoving God in your face, is this any different? grow up.

http://i205.photobucket.com/albums/bb52/The_Playlist/justin_timberlake_04.jpg

dropdeadwil
09-09-2008, 06:39 AM

I think your bein a little over protective of God, after all he is God he should be able to defend himself..... oh wait....where is he?

pleasesomeone
09-09-2008, 06:40 AM

well, he made a thread about it on the internet. Invisible man freaks, traditionally speaking, have taken different approaches. Such as hangings, rapings, stonings, and flying planes into buildings.

8_Nutsack_8
09-09-2008, 06:41 AM
well, he made a thread about it on the internet. Invisible man freaks, traditionally speaking, have taken different approaches. Such as hangings, rapings, stonings, and flying planes into buildings.

lolololololol

lol

pwned

dropdeadwil
09-09-2008, 06:42 AM
Religion is at the root of a suprising amount of wars.

pleasesomeone
09-09-2008, 06:47 AM
Religion is at the root of a suprising amount of wars.

that's actually kind of a myth, in that religion is used as an excuse for most wars that the upper class(in capitalist systems such as the US) or dictators wage for property and wealth. They just feed the religious reasoning to the masses/peasants/militaries as a means to have a fighting force.

Regardless, they couldn't have happened without religion being the force of movement, but they generally weren't really about religion per say, as advertsied.

dropdeadwil
09-09-2008, 06:50 AM
Terrorists are religious..... they shout "God is great" before they detonate the bomb that is strapped to them.

pleasesomeone
09-09-2008, 07:15 AM
Terrorists are religious..... they shout "God is great" before they detonate the bomb that is strapped to them.

yup

Grug
09-09-2008, 07:33 AM
Did someone in this thread just liken God to Justin Timberlake?

Tsudo
09-09-2008, 07:36 AM
YAY ANOTHER ANTI-RELIGION THREAD...finally!! I was waiting for this.

:)

Strong disregard for human evil.

pleasesomeone
09-09-2008, 07:37 AM

evil is a buzzword used by dumb people. Doesn't even mean anything.

Tsudo
09-09-2008, 07:40 AM

Ok, so without using any other buzzwords that are meaningless, what do you call the acts of dahmer, gacy, bundy, et al?

swiftness_02
09-09-2008, 07:40 AM

strong idiot

Tsudo
09-09-2008, 07:42 AM
strong idiot

explain oh red one.

Kirby28
09-09-2008, 07:43 AM
What if He was just a slob like one of us?

pleasesomeone
09-09-2008, 07:44 AM
Ok, so without using any other buzzwords that are meaningless, what do you call the acts of dahmer, gacy, bundy, et al?

fcked up. Horrifying. Depressing. Unthinkable tragedy. etc.

I don't understand your objective here?

RussellsMuscles
09-09-2008, 07:44 AM
that's actually kind of a myth, in that religion is used as an excuse for most wars that the upper class(in capitalist systems such as the US) or dictators wage for property and wealth. They just feed the religious reasoning to the masses/peasants/militaries as a means to have a fighting force.

Regardless, they couldn't have happened without religion being the force of movement, but they generally weren't really about religion per say, as advertsied.

well no **** though, religion is a tool used to control/direct people to do what you want them to do, it can be war, it can be "charity" or it can be televangelists, it really doesn't matter because religion can easily be used to take advantage of people. I suspect though that lots of these people who are religious and get taken advantage of would either way with or without because they are weak minded from the start.

Tsudo
09-09-2008, 07:46 AM
fcked up. Horrifying. Depressing. Unthinkable tragedy. etc.

I don't understand your objective here?

Just not understanding the, "evil (word) is meaningless".

pleasesomeone
09-09-2008, 07:48 AM
well no **** though, religion is a tool used to control/direct people to do what you want them to do, it can be war, it can be "charity" or it can be televangelists, it really doesn't matter because religion can easily be used to take advantage of people. I suspect though that lots of these people who are religious and get taken advantage of would either way with or without because they are weak minded from the start.

I don?t feel that way. 2008, western educated faithheads? Yeah, weak minded, infantile, and pathetic; preferring fairy tales to truth for reasons of comfort is flatly immoral, agreed. But for millenniums we didn?t have the scientific/historical/archeological information we have now, so it was actually pretty reasonable to be religious a few hundred years ago

Tsudo
09-09-2008, 07:51 AM
I don?t feel that way. 2008, western educated faithheads? Yeah, weak minded, infantile, and pathetic; preferring fairy tales to truth for reasons of comfort is flatly immoral, agreed. But for millenniums we didn?t have the scientific/historical/archeological information we have now, so it was actually pretty reasonable to be religious a few hundred years ago

still is today. Although I would agree it's unreasonable to perform acts of war or hatred in the name of said religion.

RussellsMuscles
09-09-2008, 07:51 AM

there were always people "smart" enough to see past the bull****, i agree it would be easier to slip in to the belief system but there were always those who just would pretend to keep the "public" happy and know that it was all a bunch of crap.

pleasesomeone
09-09-2008, 07:52 AM
still is today. Although I would agree it's unreasonable to perform acts of war or hatred in the name of said religion.

if you're uneducated, semi retarded/autistic, then sure, it is.

Tsudo
09-09-2008, 07:53 AM
if you're uneducated, semi retarded/autistic, then sure, it is.

...so sad.

pleasesomeone
09-09-2008, 07:53 AM
there were always people "smart" enough to see past the bull****, i agree it would be easier to slip in to the belief system but there were always those who just would pretend to keep the "public" happy and know that it was all a bunch of crap.

yup, and I have no beef with those people. It's not like today; you spoke out a few hundreds years ago virtually anywhere in europe, you're a dead man.

I'd convert to islam and go for the illiterate businessman spoke to ark angel whom told him the way of the world via Muhammad story too if it meant my ass

pleasesomeone
09-09-2008, 07:54 AM
...so sad.

agreed, you really have to be.

What religion are you?

William McC
09-09-2008, 07:55 AM

ohhhhh here we go again.

get a brain you silly boy.

Tsudo
09-09-2008, 07:56 AM
agreed, you really have to be.

What religion are you?

I'm a Protestant/methodist.

pleasesomeone
09-09-2008, 07:56 AM
ohhhhh here we go again.

get a brain you silly boy.

???????????

you're one of those guys who prayed to jesus when president bush spoke of the "evil doers," aren't you?

Viddy
09-09-2008, 07:59 AM
Its funny how so many people today wear crosses around their necks n' ****. Yet when you ask them what a cross is? They're ****ing clueless. I always tell them they are wearing a torture device around their neck. It just shows how little they know in the first place.

snapdad
Organized religion is a sham and a crutch for weak-minded people who need strength in numbers.

pleasesomeone
I'm a Protestant/methodist.

sorry to hear it.

Hopefully one day you access higher quality educational tools. Best of luck man.

William McC
09-09-2008, 08:00 AM
???????????

you're one of those guys who prayed to jesus when president bush spoke of the "evil doers," aren't you?

um...no?

I said that because your little argument (if you can call it that ) is philosophically unsound. You dont know what your talking about, you just like to think your smart.

=)

so, yeah.

pleasesomeone
09-09-2008, 08:02 AM

um...no?

I said that because your little argument (if you can call it that ) is philosophically unsound. You dont know what your talking about, you just like to think your smart.

=)

so, yeah.

Philosophically unsound? That literally is a conundrum. lol. I understand what you're attempting(poorly)to articulate, but even that is sort of infantile and ridiculous. I said "evil" is kind of a vague buzzword. That's all. Not a triumphant statement against anything in particular. I just think the word is over used and that there are better, more descriptive words that can always replace it.

Tsudo
09-09-2008, 08:02 AM
sorry to hear it.

Hopefully one day you access higher quality educational tools. Best of luck man.

Such arrogance, man.

I've always heard it as the Theists are the pompous ones. Exception to every rule, I guess.

William McC
09-09-2008, 08:03 AM
Its funny how so many people today wear crosses around their necks n' ****. Yet when you ask them what a cross is? They're ****ing clueless. I always tell them they are wearing a torture device around their neck. It just shows how little they know in the first place.

Many Christians wear crosses around there necks as a symbol. Christ died on a cross, and so that the very base of Christianity.

n' sh*t

William McC
09-09-2008, 08:04 AM
Philosophically unsound? That literally is a conundrum. lol. I understand what you're attempting(poorly)to articulate, but even that is sort of infantile and ridiculous. I said "evil" is kind of a vague buzzword. That's all. Not a triumphant statement against anything in particular. I just think the word is over used and that there are better, more descriptive words that can always replace it.

such as?

nice use of big words by the way

William McC
09-09-2008, 08:05 AM
Organized religion is a sham and a crutch for weak-minded people who need strength in numbers.

ah, so you are just so much smarter then the rest of the world.

i got cha

; )

pleasesomeone
09-09-2008, 08:05 AM
Such arrogance, man.

I've always heard it as the Theists are the pompous ones. Exception to every rule, I guess.

nah, really not arrogant. But when you lack such a basic understanding of history, archeological, science etc as to claim religious faith, it's very saddening to anyone who takes intellectual progression as a species seriously.

What you don't understand is that claiming such a faith in 2008 is the intellectual equivalent of denying historical facts took place, and then justifying it by saying "this is what I believe."

Not arrogant, just saddened everything I hear these horror stories. Not necessarily sad for you, as ignorance is often bliss for the individual. But enough ignorance, and you get president bush elected, then re elected.

RussellsMuscles
09-09-2008, 08:06 AM
such as?

evil is a **** ass word, it describes the opposite of someones beliefs, to me evil is a televangelist "healing" people for money but to those "healed" people they are a saint sent from god himself. I find psychics evil but other do not.

pleasesomeone
09-09-2008, 08:07 AM
such as?

such as what?

ah, so you are just so much smarter then the rest of the world.

i got cha

; )

good argument.

"the facts are well documented. Everyone has access to texts that create a very clear picture of what didn't happen, and great promise to what probably did happen, although that is not solved on the whole"

Reponse: "You're arrogant."

William McC
09-09-2008, 08:08 AM
evil is a **** ass word, it describes the opposite of someones beliefs, to me evil is a televangelist "healing" people for money but to those "healed" people they are a saint sent from god himself. I find psychics evil but other do not.

very good,
but what is it about the televangelist that you hate? what are they doing? is it because there are lying? what?

CallMeRafer
09-09-2008, 08:09 AM
Please no negs! I'm not flaming just saying what I believe.

Usually people don't believe in God because they don't have physical proof, God wouldn't answer their prayers, and they think how can there be a God if he allows such pain and misery. I challenge someone to study the bible on these subjects and you will find out it answers all of them. People who deny God are usually turned off by how they are made in a church, tv, or wherever. Where in reality, it's just a relationship between you and him, and your just living out his will and reaching out to others.

William McC
09-09-2008, 08:09 AM
such as what?

good argument.

"the facts are well documented. Everyone has access to texts that create a very clear picture of what didn't happen, and great promise to what probably did happen, although that is not solved on the whole"

Reponse: "You're arrogant."

ugh

what are you trying to say bud? make a point.

Tsudo
09-09-2008, 08:10 AM
nah, really not arrogant. But when you lack such a basic understanding of history, archeological, science etc as to claim religious faith, it's very saddening to anyone who takes intellectual progression as a species seriously.

What you don't understand is that claiming such a faith in 2008 is the intellectual equivalent of denying historical facts took place, and then justifying it by saying "this is what I believe."

Not arrogant, just saddened everything I hear these horror stories. Not necessarily sad for you, as ignorance is often bliss for the individual. But enough ignorance, and you get president bush elected, then re elected.
Lol I know what you mean. But I'm not "blindly following the blind". I've looked into both sides of the argument. It's more of a personal choice based on personal experiences.

Since I am the one who used it, you are absolutely correct. I don't believe rape, murder, hangings, and the others mentioned to be "good natured" or "moral/ethical". So really, what was the problem with the word in THAT particular instance?

RussellsMuscles
09-09-2008, 08:11 AM
very good,
but what is it about the televangelist that you hate? what are they doing? is it because there are lying? what?

well that was an example but definitely a strong belief for me, they lie to people for money, that wouldn't be so bad if it wasn't the fact that they lie to people who are desperate for help (cancer/aids/insert horrible disease here) and "heal" them, i remember watching dateline or similar show and an old lady was so sure she was healed of cancer she stopped any treatment and obviously ended up dead pretty quick. Its horrible and to me evil.

pleasesomeone
09-09-2008, 08:11 AM
very good,

it's the lie at its base, but the lie has consequences far beyond that of the simple immorality of selling lies for a living. The consequences of faithheads are so staggering that you really can't put it into one neat basket. It detracts from the quality of life of everyone in the same society.

The surrender of the intellect in favor of what is easier to digest has so many consequences it's absolutely staggering. That's why people get upset; if it ended at "let them lie to themselves," I wouldn't be bothered.

Viddy
09-09-2008, 08:12 AM
Many Christians wear crosses around there necks as a symbol. Christ died on a cross, and so that the very base of Christianity.

n' sh*t

Your an idiot. My sentence was obviously too Alpha for your feeble omega brain to comprehend. Please die.

anonymous
I don't need a God, if that means I'm going to Hell I don't really care

But if there is a God, I really hope he's nothing like how he is in the Bible.

pleasesomeone
ugh

what are you trying to say bud? make a point.

I think it's pretty clear.

William McC
09-09-2008, 08:18 AM
it's the lie at its base, but the lie has consequences far beyond that of the simple immorality of selling lies for a living. The consequences of faithheads are so staggering that you really can't put it into one neat basket. It detracts from the quality of life of everyone in the same society.

The surrender of the intellect in favor of what is easier to digest has so many consequences it's absolutely staggering. That's why people get upset; if it ended at "let them lie to themselves," I wouldn't be bothered.

so we are all in agreement that lying is an evil thing.

martymcfly
09-09-2008, 08:19 AM
interesting read here fellas.

William McC
09-09-2008, 08:19 AM
I think it's pretty clear.

i bet you do

pleasesomeone
09-09-2008, 08:20 AM
so we are all in agreement that lying is an evil thing.

you just believe it's not a lie, then?

Jesus_2
09-09-2008, 08:23 AM
699/700 Nobel Prize winners claim they dont believe in God

RussellsMuscles
09-09-2008, 08:24 AM
lying evil? maybe to some, i was lied to about santa and i loved every minute of it till the lie was over, but the fun for the years it lasted was better than being told the truth outright. Just an example but it depends what the lie is made about and the consequences of the truth.

RussellsMuscles
09-09-2008, 08:25 AM

where did u pull that stat from? if true than open mindedness is our only hope.

William McC
09-09-2008, 08:28 AM
you just believe it's not a lie, then?

oh sweet lord...

are you like, i donno, 13? Really, this is just pointless.

the point i am making is that of the Law of Human Nature. So proposed by C.S Lewis. Its mainly about why we all find something "evil". For instance, Hitler and the holocaust was evil. Lying to sick people to make money is evil. If you say there is no such thing as evil, or there is no moral base, then you can never say anything is wrong, or mean, or cruel, or evil. You can say its not smart, but how can you ever say something is evil, like lying to sick people?

pleasesomeone
09-09-2008, 08:37 AM
oh sweet lord...

are you like, i donno, 13? Really, this is just pointless.
the entire discussion thus far has gone over your head. I pounded you into the fetal position with facts, then you avoid topic, make agreeable posts, followed with vague personal insults. Failure on so many levels

the point i am making is that of the Law of Human Nature. So proposed by C.S Lewis. Its mainly about why we all find something "evil". For instance, Hitler and the holocaust was evil. Lying to sick people to make money is evil.

lol. Unfortunately for you, I read the law of human nature. It's completely off topic, and the summarization has absolutely nothing to do with the premise of the piece. Even further, it's not even a logical statement. it's evil because you say so? What?

If you say there is no such thing as evil, or there is no moral base
evil is a lame word...no moral base...yeah, you can almost use them interchangeably. Almost. Jesus,

then you can never say anything is wrong, or mean, or cruel, or evil. You can say its not smart, but how can you ever say something is evil, like lying to sick people?
you literally just said absolutely nothing; that is textbook definition of circular. You used evil interchangeably with a few other often similarly used terms, hoping that somehow this justifies the use of a term I merely described as often inadequate?

take home message: Don't insult people at the grown up table when you've never had your first fcking taste of hops.

William McC
09-09-2008, 08:40 AM
the entire discussion thus far has gone over your head. I pounded you into the fetal position with facts, then you avoid topic, make agreeable posts, followed with vague personal insults. Failure on so many levels

lol. Unfortunately for you, I read the law of human nature. It's completely off topic, and the summarization has absolutely nothing to do with the premise of the piece. Even further, it's not even a logical statement. it's evil because you say so? What?

evil is a lame word...no moral base...yeah, you can almost use them interchangeably. Almost. Jesus,

you literally just said absolutely nothing; that is textbook definition of circular. You used evil interchangeably with a few other often similarly used terms, hoping that somehow this justifies the use of a term I merely described as often inadequate?

take home message: Don't insult people at the grown up table when you've never had your first fcking taste of hops.

wow

no, really

wow.

this is pathetic.

ign_fan_4life
09-09-2008, 08:42 AM
http://img178.imageshack.us/img178/8858/1198656070636km7.jpg

Jesus_2
09-09-2008, 08:44 AM
where did u pull that stat from? if true than open mindedness is our only hope.

In a 1997 study, Beit-Hallahmi and Argyle concluded that out of 700 Nobel Prize winning scientists, only one believed that there is a God.

A 1998 study by Larson and Witham revealed that of those American scientists considered eminent enough by their peers to have been elected to the National Academy of Sciences, 93 percent do not believe in God.

In a 2006 British study by Elisabeth Cornwell and Michael Stirrat on the Fellows of the Royal Society, 95 percent of its member do not believe in God.

Paul Bell in 2002 Mensa Magazine stated:

Of 43 studies carried out since 1927 on the relationship between religious belief and one's intelligence and/or educational level, all but four found an inverse connection. That is, the higher one's intelligence or education level, the less one is likely to be religious or hold "beliefs" of any kind.

ign_fan_4life
09-09-2008, 08:45 AM

Reps if you can link me to a credible source.

Jesus_2
09-09-2008, 08:46 AM
Reps if you can link me to a credible source.

In a 1997 study, Beit-Hallahmi and Argyle concluded that out of 700 Nobel Prize winning scientists, only one believed that there is a God.

A 1998 study by Larson and Witham revealed that of those American scientists considered eminent enough by their peers to have been elected to the National Academy of Sciences, 93 percent do not believe in God.

In a 2006 British study by Elisabeth Cornwell and Michael Stirrat on the Fellows of the Royal Society, 95 percent of its member do not believe in God.

Of 43 studies carried out since 1927 on the relationship between religious belief and one's intelligence and/or educational level, all but four found an inverse connection. That is, the higher one's intelligence or education level, the less one is likely to be religious or hold "beliefs" of any kind.

ign_fan_4life
09-09-2008, 08:49 AM

Lol, that's not a link but reps are deserved nonetheless.

http://img246.imageshack.us/img246/9769/1198034693440ua2.jpg

pleasesomeone
09-09-2008, 08:51 AM
"is it not amusing that Luther, Calvin, Zwingli, writers nobody can read, have founded sects that divide up Europe, that the ignorant Muhamet has given a religion to Asia and Africa, but that Newton, Clarke, Locke, Leclerc, the greatest thinkers and finest writers of their age, have hardly managed to establish a little flock, and even that dwindles day by day?"

Voltaire-Letters on England

Blk98Bird
09-09-2008, 09:00 AM
wow

no, really

wow.

this is pathetic.

how have you deluded yourself into thinking you've argued anything well?

the closest attempt you made at anything was trying to define specific actions (such as lying) as evil as proof that it exists. your arguments are littered with logical fallacies and you ignore establishing a firm definition of what evil is to begin with.

you have yet to acknowledge the fact that evil, as religion has defined it, is caused by demons and demonic forces. it is not simply "murder is bad" and therefore is not grounded within morality per se (as you have hypothesized). once again, it is the devil and his minions that are responsible for the evil in the world according to religion.

murderers, rapists, etc. do what they do because they are deeply disturbed individuals with psychological problems. they are not driven by forces of evil. for this reason, pleasesomeone has in fact argued well because he has established his points with factual information and not round table discussions on morality or personal insults in lieu of well constructed thoughts.

dropdeadwil
09-10-2008, 01:57 AM
I got negged by two religious nuts lolz

drpurple
09-10-2008, 09:22 AM
http://juanfont.eu/logica.jpg

David77
09-10-2008, 09:40 AM
Very original idea the OP has. Deep.

Wooderson316
09-10-2008, 10:13 AM
God is surely.....

..one of us. Just a slob like one of us. Just a stranger on the bus, trying to make his way home.

Oh, and dead, too.

XiZBiT
09-10-2008, 10:21 AM

http://i307.photobucket.com/albums/nn306/XiZBiT/shazam.jpg

dropdeadwil
01-05-2009, 10:42 AM
just reliving soem good times