PDA

View Full Version : nuts? (serius)

opbyg
09-08-2008, 11:21 PM
so i have notised that many of you only eat almonds(butter) and peanut(butter) .... but why not eat other nuts? (brazil, cashews, pecan, sunflowerseed...etc. etc? thanks ;D

Smallbigsam
09-08-2008, 11:47 PM
before they dont contain the optimal amount of protein and vitamin and therefor shouldnt be eaten because human shouldnt enjoy but eat for the ultimate performance cause god knows we are all professionnal athlete and BB on this board...there absolutly no place for compromise!

nah seriously eat what ever nuts you want, they are all good for your health, my guess is thats because they only sell PB and almond butter, other nuts or less convienent if you will but sunflowerseed are awesome for your health!

Hottsauce
09-08-2008, 11:50 PM
i eat cashews it taste alot better then almonds :)

dEntremont
09-08-2008, 11:53 PM
I actually use sliced almonds in my morning oatmeal to add a little flavour, not to mention the extra protein and good fats. I find sliced almonds a lot better than eating the whole ones.

gse123
09-09-2008, 12:59 AM
I love pistachio nuts... eat them every day!

Bramble
09-09-2008, 01:54 AM
cause cashews are more addictive then crack once i start i cant stop

weissistschoen
09-09-2008, 01:58 AM
I grind all types of them in a coffee grinder and add them to my shakes.

Flax seeds, too.

Sensate
09-09-2008, 02:02 AM
I love brazil nuts and cashews so much I stopped eating them -- they are too addictive and I always eat the whole package at once (used to eat like 1/2kg every other day).

Jules Verne
09-09-2008, 03:46 AM
so i have notised that many of you only eat almonds(butter) and peanut(butter) .... but why not eat other nuts? (brazil, cashews, pecan, sunflowerseed...etc. etc? thanks ;D

Peanuts - not really a nut,cheap, people, especially in the US grow up eating a lot of it and are used to eating it, readily available.

Almonds - nutritionally superior, much more expensive (nut butter is at least 3x PB), available in most grocery stores.

Walnuts - possibly the 'best' nut.

Others are eaten, either as nuts or butters. Some people make their own nut butters.

I recently tried 'sunbutter'. Sunflower seed butter and think it's great. Personally I also eat macadamia and hazelnut butters (even though I'm not keen on the whole nuts. Expensive, but makes a nice change.

For those that don't know, Costco sells large containers of nuts, including mixed nuts (with no peanuts), very cheaply. I don't remember the price/lb, but I remember it is really inexpensive. Even a while container of just cashews wasn't a lot.

Maestro
09-09-2008, 05:50 AM
For those that don't know, Costco sells large containers of nuts, including mixed nuts (with no peanuts), very cheaply. I don't remember the price/lb, but I remember it is really inexpensive. Even a while container of just cashews wasn't a lot.

i'll have to look for that.

I hate buying mixed nuts only to see that well over 3/4's of the bag is peanuts.

symphony-x
09-09-2008, 06:02 AM
found cashew butter in holland and barrett and now im inlove

Cronos1247
09-09-2008, 06:33 AM
Like mentioned above, nuts are addicting, serving sizes are based on usually 1/4th cup, that's like half a handful for me. I have an oz of almonds a day because almonds are easiest to count (22 whole kernels to an oz) so I know exactly how much I took in.

I think most people use Peanut Butter because it tastes amazing in or on anything.