PDA

View Full Version : Wondering about a new shake??

spaniel1287
09-08-2008, 03:44 PM
All i have ever put in my shakes are milk, whey, PB, oats, and nuts. Ill have that in the morning for my first one then the other one in the day is with just water and whey.

I have heard about people putting raw eggs, tuna, mixed fruit and other stuff in with their shakes. Anyone try raw eggs and tuna with a bunch of other wierd stuff lol? if so please share

determined4000
09-08-2008, 04:25 PM
All i have ever put in my shakes are milk, whey, PB, oats, and nuts. Ill have that in the morning for my first one then the other one in the day is with just water and whey.

I have heard about people putting raw eggs, tuna, mixed fruit and other stuff in with their shakes. Anyone try raw eggs and tuna with a bunch of other wierd stuff lol? if so please share

Eggs yes.Fruit definetly. Tuna in a shake sounds gross. Yogurt works great as well.

nathan183
09-08-2008, 04:33 PM
Eggs are better cooked (the protein becomes much more bioavailable). Tuna in a shake is just disgusting. Pretty much any fruit works well in a shake. I put a banana in all my shakes and it adds the perfect amount of sweetness/thickness. Blueberries and strawberries are also very tasty.

Christo
09-08-2008, 05:11 PM
If you wanna do eggs but don't wanna have to bother cooking them, grab a container of egg whites at your grocery store and throw a couple into your shakes

spaniel1287
09-08-2008, 09:44 PM
yeah i always use egg white batter and throw in extra when i cook my eggs on the stove.

Christo
09-08-2008, 09:58 PM
For sure, I add them to everything, no real flavor, few calories, lots of protein, what's not to like?

Squat2Grow
09-08-2008, 10:29 PM
I have used egg whites to increase the protein in shakes and the types of protein, but I have never heard of adding tuna or anything lol. That would be the most disgusting thing ever...

Zdk
09-08-2008, 10:42 PM
Egg whites are good cooked. Egg yolks are good raw. Although from the health-nuts perspective there is a slight chance you had an infected chicken, the chances are so low I wouldn't worry about it. I microwave my egg whites, dash of sea salt and a dash of pepper. I slammed a yolk once, like a rocky film... and I thought I was gonna hurl. But biotin from egg whites is recommended. COOK YOUR EGG WHITES, RAW EGG WHITES DEPLETE B VITAMINS

darvoz
09-08-2008, 11:04 PM
I have used egg whites to increase the protein in shakes and the types of protein, but I have never heard of adding tuna or anything lol. That would be the most disgusting thing ever...

Adding tuna is the worst thing.....ever, its even worse if its those sweet chili tunas etc..

Araj
09-08-2008, 11:56 PM
I like rice.
If your using milk, it's kinda like that mexican drink horchata :P

Bramble
09-09-2008, 01:57 AM
ive done raw eggs in protein shake many times you cant even taste it if you chuck a banana in there as well but tuna in a shake? sounds pretty gross

spaniel1287
09-09-2008, 10:03 AM
haha guess everyone is against the tuna idea lol. never had it and have rarely heard of someone doing it. Also, I havnet done a raw egg in a shake before so i dont know what else to mix it with. I have taken one raw before out of a glass and i def. thought i was gonna vomit. I guess i might just try adding in a raw egg or 2 with the milk, chocolate whey, peanut butter, nuts, and a banana.

liftjunkie06
09-09-2008, 11:46 AM
Wow, it must be a young person thing, because I have no idea why people would do most of this. Tuna, in a shake, is awful. It's not the 70's anymore, and we know that cooked eggs have a much higher bioavailability rating.

If you want variety in your shakes, but a different protein or add some fruit. I applaud your efforts on the whole food incorporation, but some things should just be eaten separately. Like tuna. And nuts. And eggs.

I find PB, chocolate whey, milk (I use silk), and a banana tastes like a dessert. Or vanilla with fruit in it.