PDA

View Full Version : Comments People Make About Our Healthy Diets

bmx2962
09-03-2008, 05:30 PM
Does it really bug any one else when people make comments about the food we eat? I just had someone tell me that I shouldn't have chicken all the time in my college cafeteria, which happens to be the only healthy protein source there. They suggested that I have pizza, or a huge thing of pasta instead. Then, to top it off with dessert. It just really annoys me that people actually make negative comments towards people about how healthy they eat. No wonder our country is fat.

DueceMob
09-03-2008, 05:35 PM
I get the same thing esp. since I quit drinking

bmx2962
09-03-2008, 05:36 PM
psh, I don't even want to go to parties because of the crap I'm sure to get for not drinking.

bmx2962
09-03-2008, 05:37 PM
And what do you say to stuff like that? Not the drinking, but everything in general.

Aindreas
09-03-2008, 05:39 PM
People always ask me how I eat, they never see me getting pizza or hamburgers, pshh who eats that ****? Here's what I tell them:

uYHAR8Xzsyo

nathan183
09-03-2008, 05:48 PM
When people ask about why I eat healty food, I usually just tell them that I like it, which is true, but I'm thinking "because I don't want to look like YOU".

I rarely drink as well, but it's not really an issue for me. Sure there's some pressure to drink sometimes, but most of my friends are fine with it and anyone who would give me a real hard time probably isn't someone I would want to be hanging out with anyways.

cm383706
09-03-2008, 05:48 PM
psh, I don't even want to go to parties because of the crap I'm sure to get for not drinking.

Way to ruin your entire social life because you're afraid of drinking. Even if you choose not to drink why would you isolate yourself for fear of what others might say? If they have a problem with your lifestyle choice then fck em.

And what do you say to stuff like that? Not the drinking, but everything in general.

Tell them to go fck themselves.

Oh and btw, eat for the love of god.

JakeEdwin
09-03-2008, 05:57 PM
i hear what youre saying 100%. im so damn tired of ppl askin

Why are you eating cottage cheese? Isnt that pageant queen food?
What kind of bread is that?
Who is Ezekiel?

On and on and on

repped for seeing what i see

cm383706
09-03-2008, 06:01 PM
i hear what youre saying 100%. im so damn tired of ppl askin

Why are you eating cottage cheese? Isnt that pageant queen food?
What kind of bread is that?
Who is Ezekiel?

On and on and on

repped for seeing what i see

They're prob asking why you eat like that because you're underweight.

So...

http://www.neverwinpoker.com/forums/style_emoticons/smiles/gtfo.gif

Amra
09-03-2008, 06:02 PM
I'm a bartender who munches on bananas, apples and rabbit food all day. The comments never stop.

bigredelts
09-03-2008, 06:08 PM
I'm a bartender who munches on bananas, apples and rabbit food all day. The comments never stop.

oh yeah...i used to get comments all the time when i was in college, then i went to the gym, and they'd be like damn, don't u ever party, im like sure, just not during the week...then i graduated and now at my workplace i get, "wtf are u eating that for?" or "why do u eat so much...ur gonna get fat!" I dont worry about it, its the lifestyle, they have theirs, i have mine.

Spottydog
09-03-2008, 06:11 PM
People just go "is that cottage cheese and cereal?"
Me: "Yup, it's good ****. :) Nomnomnom."
And even if it bugs me, I never let on!

Tuna, that's another thing, because tuna smells...

FunkDaddy
09-03-2008, 06:14 PM
I'm one of like...3 people who lift at my work (hospital). It's pretty obvious why I'm eating the way I do (usually large containers of pasta or beans and rice w/ a bunch of protein of some sort) Yeah sorry...I'm a big dude and don't care about cutting :o

IGF-WON
09-03-2008, 06:16 PM
pasta isnt bad for you
pizza isnt bad for you
sensible desserts arent bad for you

juniorfelix
09-03-2008, 06:21 PM
my mom, 3 years ago
"you complain about the food in the house because their aren't any bigmacs and whoppers in the fridge"

my mom 3 weeks ago
"would you go get a big mac like a normal child".

this stuff just kills me. i get that **** everytime. my dad thinks its good **** tho. he likes that i eat 6 small meals instead of 3 big ones, haha.

cm383706
09-03-2008, 06:23 PM
my mom, 3 years ago
"you complain about the food in the house because their aren't any bigmacs and whoppers in the fridge"

my mom 3 weeks ago
"would you go get a big mac like a normal child".

this stuff just kills me. i get that **** everytime. my dad thinks its good **** tho. he likes that i eat 6 small meals instead of 3 big ones, haha.

You're 41.

juniorfelix
09-03-2008, 06:24 PM
divided by 2, +.5

Mxer_129
You're 41.
lol.

typo maybe...14...

danoobsminion
Conversation with my roommate today.
Him: "Do you ever stop eating?"
Me: "why?"
Him: "Our room smells like oats and eggs all day."
Me: "Am I 185 pounds yet?"
Him: "No."
Me: "Then that smell is going to be around for a while"

Mxer_129
09-03-2008, 06:25 PM
divided by 2, +.5

juniorfelix
09-03-2008, 06:28 PM
"mahhh, the meatloaf!!!! ****!"

Anticrombie315
09-03-2008, 06:40 PM
I don't hear much about it. Mostly just the large quantities I eat though (for obvious reasons). I got looks yesterday when I went to the dorm lunchroom and got chicken, a salad, broccoli, and milk, but that's fine. I would rather get looks for eating healthy than get looks for eating like a fatty.

aprilah89
09-03-2008, 06:41 PM
my work has a restaraunt, and all the food is full of fat and nasty-ness.
i always pack my lunch, which usually has salad, chicken, tuna...you know. they good stuff. and nobody ever sees me drinking soda. i can't stand it anymore.

anywas, some lady i work with walked by me the other day and said:
"out of all of the people at work, you're the one eating healthy"

made me laugh.

NOTE: the majority of the people i work with are unhealthy and overweight.
i'm short, and a little curvy (i look curvy mostly because i have (real) boobs and an ass, like a real girl should...lol. ) but not overweight by any means.

collector
09-03-2008, 06:44 PM
They're prob asking why you eat like that because you're underweight.

So...

http://www.neverwinpoker.com/forums/style_emoticons/smiles/gtfo.gif

true say, if you are under 180 lbs. I can't see why you should be giving a flying **** about what you're eating. EAT EVERYTHING IN SIGHT!

collector
09-03-2008, 06:45 PM
(i look curvy mostly because i have (real) boobs and an ass, like a real girl should...lol. ) but not overweight by any means.

it's pretty safe to say that we need physical evidence to prove that you're not fraudin.

aprilah89
09-03-2008, 06:46 PM
it's pretty safe to say that we need physical evidence to prove that you're not fraudin.

just take my word for it.

i'm not postin noodz. or anything close to.
sorry.

Xhale12
09-03-2008, 06:55 PM
pasta isnt bad for you
pizza isnt bad for you
sensible desserts arent bad for you

x2.

AlwaysOnFire24
09-03-2008, 06:59 PM
Oddly enough, I eat very healthy at work and around my friends all the time. However, I don't get comments like you guys do. My friends and coworkers definitely notice that I eat healthy, and they make comments, but they are usually very positive. They'll say, "You always eat so healthy. How do you have such great control?" or "I wish I could eat like you."

I dont know. Maybe it's because I'm in NYC and a lot of people eat healthy here. But I definitely get more positive comments than negative.

polinutrigirl
09-03-2008, 07:42 PM
Does it really bug any one else when people make comments about the food we eat? I just had someone tell me that I shouldn't have chicken all the time in my college cafeteria, which happens to be the only healthy protein source there. They suggested that I have pizza, or a huge thing of pasta instead. Then, to top it off with dessert. It just really annoys me that people actually make negative comments towards people about how healthy they eat. No wonder our country is fat.

Actually, I love it. It reminds me why we fitness fanatics are superior beings.

Spottydog
09-03-2008, 07:46 PM
Actually, I love it. It reminds me why we fitness fanatics are superior beings.

This sort of goes for me too, though it does annoy me when my parents tell me the house smells like a morgue after I cook... though I am a bad cook, it's not the food itself.

polinutrigirl
09-03-2008, 07:49 PM
This sort of goes for me too, though it does annoy me when my parents tell me the house smells like a morgue after I cook... though I am a bad cook, it's not the food itself.

If people who look like crap don't like your food, you know you are doing something right!

Sudi.88
09-03-2008, 08:16 PM
I've been trying to cut down calories and so I'm trying to stay away from my fridge (always full) mom's dinners (delicious but caloric :/) and my dad who thinks I'll fall over if I don't eat any fat... :D

I get comments sometimes, mostly admiring me and my motivation. No real bad things, except maybe a "you smell like tuna" or "you're going to have wings and feathers soon if you don't stop eating so much chicken..."

Cronos1247
09-03-2008, 08:17 PM
Constantly, mostly from my family I get comments, but what I hate, what I REALLY hate, is when I fix something like oats / whey / pb or just some sort of normal healthy meal like chicken & vegetables, and I sit down to eat it and someone walks up to it and just stares at the food with that expression on their face. This is generally what sure signs that the comment is soon to follow.

MarkVI
09-03-2008, 08:23 PM
I get the hollow legs comment cause I eat and eat and eat at work and it's all good wholesome food but normal food....not cottage cheese and tuna in a bowl.

I don't mind and when I did get real crap from friends, I didn't care then either....sometimes you just got flash the abs or something lol.

lth
09-03-2008, 08:41 PM
I get the hollow legs comment cause I eat and eat and eat at work and it's all good wholesome food but normal food....not cottage cheese and tuna in a bowl.

I don't mind and when I did get real crap from friends, I didn't care then either....sometimes you just got flash the abs or something lol.

gangsta, x2.....of flash somethin else and tell em to STFU!!

IGF-WON
09-03-2008, 08:44 PM
If people who look like crap don't like your food, you know you are doing something right!

wait people who dont "look good" have different taste buds?

i never knew that

Own3r
09-03-2008, 08:48 PM
Yeah people sometimes tell me that I should stop eating such small "bird portions" so frequently, especially when some women have larger lunches then me at work.
But they usually all shut up after seeing me down 2 Wendy's Baconators in less then 5 minutes lol

MarkVI
09-03-2008, 08:49 PM
gangsta, x2.....of flash somethin else and tell em to STFU!!

lol fo sho

wait people who dont "look good" have different taste buds?

i never knew that

Now ya do!

jaypeezy
09-03-2008, 09:29 PM
i typically get the "you're eating again" or "you're gonna get fat eating all the time" sayings from all the co-workers..

ironically...when the health benefits fair came along...i had the one of the lowest body fat %s in my office...

its starting to change though...im also starting to get a lot of questions for advice on how to eat healthy now...

gse123
09-03-2008, 10:52 PM
Although my GF is generally supportive of my health pursuits, because i've lost so much weight (nearly 50 pounds) she is now starting to say comments like 'I think you have lost enough weight now....' even though I am still at 19 percent BF (i'd like to get down to about 13). I think she thinks I am getting an eating disorder because I 'only' eat 1800 cals a day!

It's harder because she is a big junk food lover (i've tried my best to ween her off!) And seems little put out when I turn down the offer of a big chinese takeaway or something.

ASFx
09-03-2008, 11:03 PM
The only comments i usually get are "your broccoli makes the house smell like poop" .. which is kinda true i suppose ;)

Spottydog
09-03-2008, 11:25 PM
I've been trying to cut down calories and so I'm trying to stay away from my fridge (always full) mom's dinners (delicious but caloric :/) and my dad who thinks I'll fall over if I don't eat any fat... :D

I concur, unfortunately...

deadfingers
09-03-2008, 11:28 PM
The comments with me started when I brought a baggie of Animal Pak vitamins to work. I had to show them online what they were, because they thought they were some sort of drug or something. I still get comments about it, nothing bad, but I get weird looks and comments. Today I went to grab some tuna cans for lunch, I wasn't really that hungry but wanted to get some protein in me. I came in and my co-worker said "Come on? Tuna? Dude you need to go get a pizza!". Haha. I usually don't like tuna, but lately it's been awesome, especially in baggies it's so much better. I also keep a tub of protein powder at work, along with some coromega, Apple Cider Vinegar pills and "Super Enzymes". Hah.

MAK060
09-03-2008, 11:34 PM
"eggman", "fishman" and "mr. horse" (because of the oats i guess) are some of the names with which one of my buddies used to call me...

...before he caught me with his girlfriend :)))